Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does DJI Go have 2.39GB of data after deleting all videos?
9721 7 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.4

United States

I recently spent a couple of hours filming with the Osmo Mobile. I ran out of space in that time. My iPhone SE only has 16GB of data total, but one problem is that DJI Go seems to be taking up a lot of space, and I'm not sure why.

After I delete all the videoes, the iPhone still shows DJI Go as having 2.39GB of data. That's a huge chunk of my available space. The apps that come installed on the iPhone take up well over 7GB, which only leaves 8GB of real storage. So that phantom 2.39 is 30% of all my available space!

The only things I can think of are the manuals that I downloaded for the Mavic and the Osmo Mobile and the couple of tutorial videos that I watched. Are they loaded permanently? Are they what's taking up so much room? DJI Go 4.0 doesn't have this massive phantom data, but I also haven't used it yet.

Is there any way to identify or delete that data? I could delete the app and download it again, but I'm worried about messing something up.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It most likely is because of Osmo Mobile, some people have complained some residual data occupying the DJI Go app after deleting the video files.  I didn't experience this myself, when I delete the video in "Library" in DJI Go app after I shot videos with Osmo Mobile, the room is always released.  

You can also plug your iPhone to your computer via iTunes and look into the DJI Go app. It should show you the size of each file in the app then you can find the chunk of data that's eating into your storage.  You can also uninstall and install the DJI Go, it won't cause any issues.
2016-12-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.4

United States

Okay, I deleted the app and reinstalled it.

I'll keep an eye on the data usage as I use the Osmo Mobile.
2016-12-12
Use props
stg
New
United States

I am having the same issue.

iOS DJI mobile app is using 1.56 GB even though there is no data in it and the cache has been cleared (screenshots attached).

iOS 11.2.1
DJI GO 3.1.23

2017-12-13
Use props
stg
New
United States

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-12-12 05:43
Okay, I deleted the app and reinstalled it.

I'll keep an eye on the data usage as I use the Osmo Mobile.

Did you ever find a way to solve this without uninstalling & re-installing the app?
2017-12-13
Use props
Kjetil W 9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15050056 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Mine is at 25GB...What is taking up all this space?
My cache is just about 400MB?
29311E64-9D5A-4EDE-94A3-BF4E3A3D7CA9.png
2018-2-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you delete the video's while being connected to the Osmo Mobile?
I had this issue also, until I connected to the Osmo Mobile and deleted from the DJI Go app.
2018-2-5
Use props
fansf5c48fe8
Flight distance : 122352 ft
United States

Had the same issue on my iPad Mini with DJI Go 4 for my drones - connect to your computer and select the device.  Under the device should be File Sharing - click that and to the right should show the DJI Go app; click that.  Find the folder that has the space being wasted and select it.  Save it to your computer if you hadn't already, then while the folder is selected, press the Delete key on your keyboard.  This will prompt to confirm deletion - click Yes and the folder is gone.  Could be some other things you need to clear up (flight records, for example), but I'm looking for a cleaner way to clear that from the device.  Hope this helps.
2020-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules