DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4
165673 246 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

This seems like a very odd naming convention.  A complete different name for the new app would have been better.  Imagine the confusion when we have a GO version 4, not to be mistaken for GO 4.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans9d372f24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5010 ft
Switzerland

now is the new update of the DJI 4, but the translation on German is so mad and taking so much place that you can not even see the preferences.  I am new in DJI world but this confusing and terrible updates are very disappointed. I would love to change to DJI GO ,,,,,are the fly condition also updated there ?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-15 00:32
I will give it a shot again then... I will keep the old one just in case something wrong happens to the new version.

Sounds good.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mikeon Posted at 2016-12-15 06:19
This seems like a very odd naming convention.  A complete different name for the new app would have been better.  Imagine the confusion when we have a GO version 4, not to be mistaken for GO 4.

The GO version is already 4.
The GO 4 app is for the newest products (Mavic, P4P, and Inspire2)
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans9d372f24 Posted at 2016-12-15 08:44
now is the new update of the DJI 4, but the translation on German is so mad and taking so much place that you can not even see the preferences.  I am new in DJI world but this confusing and terrible updates are very disappointed. I would love to change to DJI GO ,,,,,are the fly condition also updated there ?

It's already been reported to R&D, sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans9d372f24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5010 ft
Switzerland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 16:51
It's already been reported to R&D, sorry for the inconvenience.

one question,,,,,,,normally the App`s get on the Control before launch . This kind of update`s , I  have never seen before.

is still secured to fly with the DJI GO ? is any order that Mavic has to fly with the DJI GO 4 ?!!!!!
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans9d372f24 Posted at 2016-12-15 08:57
one question,,,,,,,normally the App`s get on the Control before launch . This kind of update`s , I  have never seen before.

is still secured to fly with the DJI GO ? is any order that Mavic has to fly with the DJI GO 4 ?!!!!!

The GO 4 is made for the Mavic, P4P, and Inspire2, you should use that app.
You can still use the GO app, but the GO 4 will give you a better flight experience.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansa5e1fb66 Posted at 2016-12-15 05:57
Hi to all
Just wondering what should be done if you suddenly lose control of the Mavice. Somthing like, No stick control or something the Mavice starts doing on it's own.
What is the safest thing to do to gain control.

Has this happened to you?
Are you on the latest update, you can always hit RTH (if set properly) if something like this happens.
2016-12-15
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Uptowndisco Posted at 2016-12-15 04:45
Here is an idea DJI , take the editor out the GO flight apps and make it a stand alone editor app
for those that want it .

I agree.

I think the issue there might have something to do with the editor needing to access the cached videos recorded to the Phone/Tablet during flight.

I believe iOs or Android might prohibit one app from accessing the internal data of another app..
I could be wrong though..

So unless the flight app were to save the cached videos to a shared system location like the camera roll the editor would not be able to access them.
2016-12-15
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 10:50
The GO version is already 4.
The GO 4 app is for the newest products (Mavic, P4P, and Inspire2)

Hi Ken;

I have been using the DJI GO app to fly my Mavic and it has been working fine. I haven't had any problems at all. I downloaded the GO 4 last night but after reading some of the negative comments about the GO-4 I'm hesitant about using the GO 4 to fly the Mavic.
I also have a P-4 which also has been working fine. I like the idea of using separate apps so the logs are separate but I'm afraid to fly the Mavic until ALL the bugs are cleared up in the GO 4.
I'm new at this and find myself addicted to flying the drones because it gets this 75 year old man out of the house to play with my expensive toys
Question... can I clear the logs on my GO app if I decide to use both apps. If so can you provide instructions.

2016-12-15
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I have to give it up to you Ken it work flawlessly with the new app, I have no reason why it was acting up all buggy on my phone at first, it could be a thousand reason. But now it seems to work perfectly well... Do I need to keep the old apt in order for the new app to work or I could delete the version 3 and just keep the version 4.
2016-12-15
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

So my Mavic has just arrived. Which app should i use?

I currently operate an Inspire 1 on the original Go App and would prefer to use a single app for both. The mavic is still listed as supported by the original app but the app store description says that only DJI Go 4.0 is for Mavic.. Does this mean Mavic support will be removed from the original app?

DJI needs to clarify it's road map for these apps going forward. Right now they have created a usability nightmare that is confusing as hell.
This is the kind of situation that leads to mismatched firmware/app frustrations and errors.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2016-12-15 15:13
Hi Ken;

I have been using the DJI GO app to fly my Mavic and it has been working fine. I haven't had any problems at all. I downloaded the GO 4 last night but after reading some of the negative comments about the GO-4 I'm hesitant about using the GO 4 to fly the Mavic.

I understand your concerns, the Mavic is an expensive aircraft and I'd want to keep it as safe as possible.
I'm using the GO4 and there's nothing wrong with it.
What negative comments are you talking about?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-15 15:46
I have to give it up to you Ken it work flawlessly with the new app, I have no reason why it was acting up all buggy on my phone at first, it could be a thousand reason. But now it seems to work perfectly well... Do I need to keep the old apt in order for the new app to work or I could delete the version 3 and just keep the version 4.

That's great all is good, you don't need the old app anymore so feel free to delete it. You can always download it anytime you want. Or you can leave it there and just make sure it's fully shut down.
If you do delete it, make sure to sync the flight records.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Droney McDronef Posted at 2016-12-15 15:49
So my Mavic has just arrived. Which app should i use?

I currently operate an Inspire 1 on the original Go App and would prefer to use a single app for both. The mavic is still listed as supported by the original app but the app store description says that only DJI Go 4.0 is for Mavic.. Does this mean Mavic support will be removed from the original app?

For the Inspire1, you would stay on the old app, for the Mavic you can use either one.
If they do make it so you need the GO4 for your Mavic then you will receive a notice when powering up with th old app.
2016-12-15
Use props
Dark.Legend
New

United Kingdom

My iPhone 6plus running 9.3.1 can't connect with my new mavic pro. Doesn't give me the initial setup such as activating the 1 year warranty and connection. Tried both app. First Dji go only shows 'how to connect' new dji go 4 doesn't have any option other than 'enter device' but once selected it just jumps to the fly mode with different settings but top corner says disconnected. Please help? Thanks
2016-12-15
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-16 07:15
For the Inspire1, you would stay on the old app, for the Mavic you can use either one.
If they do make it so you need the GO4 for your Mavic then you will receive a notice when powering up with th old app.

Thanks Ken.

Is there any issue with rolling back to the original app if i activate the Mavic under Go 4.0 and i encounter issues..?

Or will i be locked out of the old app once i use it? i guess i could just activate on the old app the launch the new one..?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Droney McDronef Posted at 2016-12-16 10:15
Thanks Ken.

Is there any issue with rolling back to the original app if i activate the Mavic under Go 4.0 and i encounter issues..?

You don't need to roll back, you can have both apps on your phone and use whichever you choose.
And there is no activating the app, you just download and open it.
If you use the GO 4, you can still use the other GO app if you choose.
2016-12-15
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

Dark.Legend Posted at 2016-12-16 09:36
My iPhone 6plus running 9.3.1 can't connect with my new mavic pro. Doesn't give me the initial setup such as activating the 1 year warranty and connection. Tried both app. First Dji go only shows 'how to connect' new dji go 4 doesn't have any option other than 'enter device' but once selected it just jumps to the fly mode with different settings but top corner says disconnected. Please help? Thanks

I had the same. Sequence: plug phone into remote, switch on remote and wait for app to launch itself, switch on Mavic. Then it works (android)
When I had to tap to launch GO4 it would not connect.
2016-12-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 19:24
You don't need to roll back, you can have both apps on your phone and use whichever you choose.
And there is no activating the app, you just download and open it.
If you use the GO 4, you can still use the other GO app if you choose.

Hi Ken

Did you hear why DJI decided to change some aircraft over to the DJI Go 4.01 App and leave the inspire 1 on the old App? I do not mind having both Apps just trying to understand the difference. Is this something you can discuss .... do you think they will bring all of the devices into the Go App 4?

Rich
2016-12-15
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-16 07:13
That's great all is good, you don't need the old app anymore so feel free to delete it. You can always download it anytime you want. Or you can leave it there and just make sure it's fully shut down.
If you do delete it, make sure to sync the flight records.

took those words right out of my mouth yeah I was shut down and deleted the old app....
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-16 14:50
Hi Ken

Did you hear why DJI decided to change some aircraft over to the DJI Go 4.01 App and leave the inspire 1 on the old App? I do not mind having both Apps just trying to understand the difference. Is this something you can discuss .... do you think they will bring all of the devices into the Go App 4?

I not sure Rich,
The newer aircraft have more features and the new app is optimized for them.
I'll get more answers though.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-16 17:13
took those words right out of my mouth yeah I was shut down and deleted the old app....

OK, that will work.
2016-12-16
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

No new interface for P4?
Thats a shame
2016-12-16
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

its now working like a charm Ken I really was so worry about why it was acting up... But now it seems all stable and working flawlessly and yes to all of you guys waiting for your mavic wait for it but while you wait read the manual and get informed about all the things to do with your drone before you get it and fly beginners mode to get a custom to the controls because its worth doing so...
2016-12-16
Use props
carolinafalls
lvl.2

United States

The issue I see with the new app is in the custom settings for sharpness and so on. When I select the custom at the bottom to adjust the line moves up and I cannot select it any more. Is anyone having the same issue. I am using Iphone 6s.  Thanks Allen
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-17 01:01
its now working like a charm Ken I really was so worry about why it was acting up... But now it seems all stable and working flawlessly and yes to all of you guys waiting for your mavic wait for it but while you wait read the manual and get informed about all the things to do with your drone before you get it and fly beginners mode to get a custom to the controls because its worth doing so...

Good to hear, and yes great advice. Everyone needs to read the manual cover to cover and also understand all the features, functions, and limitations.
If you fully understand your aircraft and it's capabilities, you will love it.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

carolinafalls Posted at 2016-12-17 01:28
The issue I see with the new app is in the custom settings for sharpness and so on. When I select the custom at the bottom to adjust the line moves up and I cannot select it any more. Is anyone having the same issue. I am using Iphone 6s.  Thanks Allen

I'll check it out now.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

carolinafalls Posted at 2016-12-17 01:28

I see what you are saying, Custom will highlight blue then when you tap + or - the highlight goes away and you can select either one of the three by tapping the box. But after that the blu highlight comes back and you cannot tap in the box anymore.
I've reported it.
file-2.jpeg
file1-1.jpeg
file2.jpeg
2016-12-16
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 18:11
I understand your concerns, the Mavic is an expensive aircraft and I'd want to keep it as safe as possible.
I'm using the GO4 and there's nothing wrong with it.
What negative comments are you talking about?

I noticed someone had a problem with the new app....But this morning he said it's OK now.

This weekend I will use the new app for Mavic Pro hopefully all goes well.
I will keep the original Go app to fly my P-4.
I would like clear aii the date of the previous flight I had for the my  Mavic  and 3 other P-4's so that I have a clean slate for my new P-4. I have data on the GO for 3 different P-4's and the Mavic. My sons used my app on my IpadMini for their P-4's That I gave them after I  crashed them and  and my son repaired both of them. This time I purchased DJI Care for my new P-4 butr I'm afraid the old data might have an effect on the DJI Care.. My P-4 as been working great without any issues.
Can I delete the GO app and then download it again so that start over agaijn with a clean slate for my P-4??
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2016-12-17 02:23
I noticed someone had a problem with the new app....But this morning he said it's OK now.

This weekend I will use the new app for Mavic Pro hopefully all goes well.

If you've synced you flight records they will always be there on the DJI server. If you delete the app and reinstall you will have a fresh slate, but as soon as you sync the flight records everything will populate onto your device.
But don't worry about it, each flight record has the serial# for the flight controller, so whatever you've crashed before has nothing to do with your new aircraft and DJI Care.
2016-12-16
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-16 13:31
If you've synced you flight records they will always be there on the DJI server. If you delete the app and reinstall you will have a fresh slate, but as soon as you sync the flight records everything will populate onto your device.
But don't worry about it, each flight record has the serial# for the flight controller, so whatever you've crashed before has nothing to do with your new aircraft and DJI Care.

"but as soon as you sync the flight records everything will populate onto your device."

Do you mean the data from the will populate the data for my current P-4? or will it populate with the other P-4's also?
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2016-12-17 02:37
"but as soon as you sync the flight records everything will populate onto your device."

Do you mean the data from the will populate the data for my current P-4? or will it populate with the other P-4's also?

Anything that you used your account to fly with will populate if you previously synced your flight records.
If you did not sync with your new P4, then it will not populate when you start up the new app and login.
So yes, you can start of fresh but as soon as you sync, it will save all you new P4's records to the DJI servers.
2016-12-16
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-16 14:14
Anything that you used your account to fly with will populate if you previously synced your flight records.
If you did not sync with your new P4, then it will not populate when you start up the new app and login.
So yes, you can start of fresh but as soon as you sync, it will save all you new P4's records to the DJI servers.

Ken;

Thanks for the prompt replies.....
Now I have to find out where the synch is and see if I synched.....I',m a dummy at this stuff...

Cheers!
2016-12-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-16 06:55
I not sure Rich,
The newer aircraft have more features and the new app is optimized for them.
I'll get more answers though.

Thanks Ken

I will stand by

Rich
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2016-12-17 04:18
Ken;

Thanks for the prompt replies.....

If you don't remember then you probably never synced. If you use different devices, you would need to sync each device. From the GO 4 app home page, tap the top right icon and you'll see Flight Record, then tap that and you'll see all your flights. Top right corner (cloud icon) is where you tap to sync.
from the older GO app home page, tap the top left icon (paper airplane) and that takes you to the flight records.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-17 04:22
Thanks Ken

I will stand by

Okey dokey.
2016-12-16
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

P4 is not supported on the new V4 interface?
2016-12-16
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Droney McDronef Posted at 2016-12-15 16:48
I agree.

I think the issue there might have something to do with the editor needing to access the cached videos recorded to the Phone/Tablet during flight.

AGREED!

Is this a fly app or an editor app

I just want to fly safely and efficiently.

I have a pc for editing!!!!!
2016-12-16
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 04:39
If you don't remember then you probably never synced. If you use different devices, you would need to sync each device. From the GO 4 app home page, tap the top right icon and you'll see Flight Record, then tap that and you'll see all your flights. Top right corner (cloud icon) is where you tap to sync.
from the older GO app home page, tap the top left icon (paper airplane) and that takes you to the flight records.

OK I opened the GO Pro.... I see where it asks if I want to synch....I didn't know if I should so..I didn't.
I just synched all tonight.

I followed you directions and synched the GO4 also. It populated my P4 also...

I hope I did the right thing...
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules