Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO map does not appear on the screen
4959 16 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

Hi forum,
I have an Inspire 1 pro (firmware updated - last version). After that, in DJI GO the X5 works perfectly but the About doesn't show the versions and the satellite map does not appear in background... (only drone indication). The aircraft normally flies.
Can you help me ?

2016-12-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Hello Walter ,

If you are having trouble with the go app , sync your flight records and then delete and re install the Go app. Also for a complete version of Firmware on the 'About " page of the go app , make sure all systems are ON and flight ready .  ( aircraft on , RC on, go app connected to rc and on etc. )

What device are you  using for the Go app ?  Is it on the approved list ? also you mentioned you have the system updated, does this include the aircraft, RC transmitter and camera ?
the satellite map will only workj if  you have a wi- fi connection for the Go app device  OR you have the Map "cached " into the go app .  This can be accomplished on the go app settings, make sure you have it  enabled and then Make  sure the site you are going to be using has been memorized ( In the go app device cache ) so that you can pull it up while flying .  I have my go app  wi- fi enabled so it auto updates for me .  
***Cache Map in backround functiion is available on the go app under General Settings , be sure to enable it .

*****You really may have no problem with the go app and no reason to delete and re install.  Just make sure all systems are on and check the "about page " again , if all versions come up , you are fine .  Then for the Map, jsut make sure you enable the "cache Map in backround  " on the go app and then when you do  have wi fi be sure to zoom in and out of the area you want the go app  to remeber, this should make it available next time you fly without the wi- fi connection to go app device  .  Or just provide  wi -fi to the go app while flying and the map function will work.  

Hope this makes sense, I rambles a bit....

donnie

2016-12-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depending on the device, connect to the internet and connect to your DJI account. Sync all of your records can cache your maps for the area you wish to fly. zoom into the map area to get the detail needed too.

That should get you going.
Rich
2016-12-12
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-13 03:01
Hello Walter ,

If you are having trouble with the go app , sync your flight records and then delete and re install the Go app. Also for a complete version of Firmware on the 'About " page of the go app , make sure all systems are ON and flight ready .  ( aircraft on , RC on, go app connected to rc and on etc. )

Thanks Donnie
2016-12-27
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-13 03:21
Depending on the device, connect to the internet and connect to your DJI connect. Sync all of your records can cache you maps for the area you wish to fly.

Thanks Rich
2016-12-27
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-13 03:21
Depending on the device, connect to the internet and connect to your DJI connect. Sync all of your records can cache you maps for the area you wish to fly.

Thanks Rich
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to clarify what mobile device are you using and which Go app version you're running?
2016-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are welcome and I hoped this helped you out!.... check my edit to the original post  PS it has been some time now... did it work for you ?

All the best

Rich
2016-12-27
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-28 05:54
Could you happen to clarify what mobile device are you using and which Go app version you're running?

I've changed my mobile device and all work well...
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

walter_junior Posted at 2016-12-28 19:55
I've changed my mobile device and all work well...

Good to hear you're up and running.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem of Walter Junior, the DJI go 4 do not work. I use iPad Air. I checked if the map cache is on, like Donnie said, and its on, I have wi fi, but, map do not work has before.
It was a very good option, because seeing the flight route was something very helpful.
2017-8-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

See my post on this on another page as well.

Switch to another aircraft, click on the map, it should appear. Then switch back to the problem craft and click the map.

Note: you don't have to have to be connected to an aircraft to fix this....
2017-8-11
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.1
Ukraine

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-11 05:40
See my post on this on another page as well.

Switch to another aircraft, click on the map, it should appear. Then switch back to the problem craft and click the map.

I would love that so easy, but is not, and map still in grey.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.1
Ukraine

here you can see the map i have.
Untitled.jpg
2017-8-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Try the procedure after rebooting the iPad. If you are using the Air 1 and not the Air 2, it is NOT recommended. You need an A8 processor at least to run the GO 4 App efficiently.

Let me know if this works.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans5370f1e4
lvl.1
Ukraine

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-11 08:36
Try the procedure after rebooting the iPad. If you are using the Air 1 and not the Air 2, it is NOT recommended. You need an A8 processor at least to run the GO 4 App efficiently.

Let me know if this works.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate.
I have the iPad 2 air.
I rebooted the iPad, but unfortunately, still with no map.
It look to me a DJI trouble more than a iPad problem.
and it is not the only trouble i have. I just got the mavic pro, and when i connect the mavic to my iMac to download the footage or photo, the file show up on the desktop, but inside, no footage or photo files. With the Phantom 4 i have no problem to download files on my iMac.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans5370f1e4 Posted at 2017-8-11 10:47
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate.
I have the iPad 2 air.
I rebooted the iPad, but unfortunately, still with no map.

If the problem persists, please lock the the compass in upper right corner of the map.
Then exit the map interface and back to the homepage.
Then enter to the live video page which will solve the map problem.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules