Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal won't manually tilt.
1484 7 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeeper90
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft

United States

Like the title says, I have a Phantom 3 Standard P3S. I'm using a Google 7.1 Nexus tablet (Android). The Gimbal tilt will follow an object if I move the quad by hand. The manual knob was working but now is not. The problem I can not manually use the dial on the transmitter to tilt the Gimbal.  I have completed IMU calibration, auto calibrate Gimbal, Transmitter/ Controller calibration (yes, including the dial), I even used my Samsung S6 with no difference. I reset all settings in the Gimbal page, speed is 50, gimbal tilt is of, Gimbal Pan sync follow is on, and Gimbal start/stop buffer is 5. I have now manually confirmed the Gimbal tilt knob is moving the variable pot inside.

Any suggestions? Sure would like to have a manually adjustable Gimbal.

Thanks
Chris
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chris, what about the "Gain" in MC settings- advanced settings?
It's probably a hardware issue.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy, I don't see how it can be a hardware issue if it tilts when I manually move the P3S it moves (which proves the tilt motor) and when I complete the transceiver calibration it shows the movement of the variable pot (knob) on the screen?
2016-12-12
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy, I don't see gain control for the gimbal, is there supposed to be?
2016-12-13
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Ok update, the gimbal tilt is working using the manual tilt knob but it is so slow its very hard to see movement. I'm looking for the gain for the Gimbal and have not located it yet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Chris
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jeeper90 Posted at 2016-12-14 09:17
Ok update, the gimbal tilt is working using the manual tilt knob but it is so slow its very hard to see movement. I'm looking for the gain for the Gimbal and have not located it yet.

Any suggestions?

We've replied you in your another thread, please check it and keep us posted, thanks.
2016-12-14
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Where is the tilt gimbal gain?
2016-12-16
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1