Good to bad video quality
1613 8 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansefa4379e
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys! I got a DJI phantom3s a couple days ago just for fun. I'm so ignorent when it comes to drones and even video/photography. I'm a total noob. That being said, I totally appreciate this hobby and have so much respect for the "professionals" or you guy/girls that have been doing this for while.
I did a quick video recording just flying around my house. All video settings were on auto. I was flying between 300-450ft. I don't know if you guys can tell, but when I rewatched my recording I saw that the video quality went from great to bad. Starts off good and then around .15 seconds it turned into bad quality.

Anybody know why it did that? Anyone have recommendations? Anyone have good manual video/photo setting recommendations that worked for them for the Phantom3s???

Thank you very much for your time and for reading this
heres the link to my video https://www.skypixel.com/videos/check-out-my-latest-artwork-fcfb7c3c-c6f5-4414-baf4-1b4bd7d7e517
2016-12-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha David,

Your upload was for 1080p but your recording looks like it was much lower in resolution.  You need to go into the video settings and specify a 1080p resolution with a 30 Frames Per Second speed.  Keep it there until you learn more about flying.
     There are two recordings; the SD card where you download it on to a computer for editing and processing and then also the cache in your DJI GO app.  The cache only records at the native resolution of your Live View display, 720p.  720p is considered low resolution even though it is HD - High Definition.  You video started out with 1080p and went down to 720p and 480 at the first edit mark (15 secs.).  Be sure to record and edit with the micro SD card recordings.

Be sure to read the manual.  Most of us have read them multiple times.  Below are two pages of good information.  At some point as you get used to it all, it will begin to make more sense.

Aloha and Drone On!
Improve Video.jpg
Improve Video2.jpg
2016-12-13
Use props
davidand
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-13 08:38
Aloha David,

Your upload was for 1080p but your recording looks like it was much lower in resolution.  You need to go into the video settings and specify a 1080p resolution with a 30 Frames Per Second speed.  Keep it there until you learn more about flying.

Thank you so much!!! you're awesome. So much great information you just gave me. I'm going to do what you said, and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your quick response and for your time. Much appreciated

Thank you and Drone On!
2016-12-13
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

davidand Posted at 2016-12-14 04:18
Thank you so much!!! you're awesome. So much great information you just gave me. I'm going to do what you said, and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your quick response and for your time. Much appreciated

Thank you and Drone On!

davidand, could you please change your avatar.  According to the forum rules, you are not allowed use the DJI logo:

VII: Usernames and Avatars
7.    Use of the DJI logo in avatars is not allowed.

This is reserved for DJI staff and the moderators, it helps to keep track of who's who.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, is this directly from the SD card or from the cached video on your device? If it's the latter, then it's exactly as Cetacean indicated. Also, as endotherm mentioned, could you please change your avatar to omit the DJI Logo?
2016-12-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I would also add that the player you used sucks big time, try uploading to Youtube instead.
2016-12-14
Use props
davidand
lvl.1

United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-12-14 06:10
davidand, could you please change your avatar.  According to the forum rules, you are not allowed use the DJI logo:

VII: Usernames and Avatars

yes, sorry.
2016-12-16
Use props
davidand
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 12:07
Just to clarify, is this directly from the SD card or from the cached video on your device? If it's the latter, then it's exactly as Cetacean indicated. Also, as endotherm mentioned, could you please change your avatar to omit the DJI Logo?

yes, sorry.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thank you for changing it, though you didn't have to go all monotone like that I'm sure you'll find a cooler avatar.

Also just to clarify, is the footage you provided directly from the SD card or from the cached video on your device? I didn't happen to see that confirmation yet.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules