Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Magnetic field interference
13978 8 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mazzy00
New

Poland

I cant get gps signal, all time i have "Magnetic field Interference" No metal object near me and i calbrated the compas. I crashed my drone, now its fixed but they didnt deal with a gps.
On sensor state i have compass 1 disconnected and 2 is working. Can i do something with it or should i  just send it to rapiar? Sorry for my english im from Polen ;)
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magnetic field interference is referring to the compass not the GPS. To calibrate the compass get into an open grassy area. A bad calibration (which it sounds like you may have done) may have been the cause of your crash.
When looking at compass in sensor state you should see numeric values in both, with one of them marked 'active'. This is normal and you will see similar for IMU. If there were a fault on this active compass then the device would switch and make the other active.
Are you in an open area when checking for GPS ?
2016-12-13
Use props
Mazzy00
New

Poland

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-13 11:24
Magnetic field interference is referring to the compass not the GPS. To calibrate the compass get into an open grassy area. A bad calibration (which it sounds like you may have done) may have been the cause of your crash.
When looking at compass in sensor state you should see numeric values in both, with one of them marked 'active'. This is normal and you will see similar for IMU. If there were a fault on this active compass then the device would switch and make the other active.
Are you in an open area when checking for GPS ?

I was outside in an open area and I calibrated compass. GPS working now but still have the same problem with "magnetic field interference". I dont see numeric values on first compass just disconected, second is ok
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mazzy00 Posted at 2016-12-13 12:17
I was outside in an open area and I calibrated compass. GPS working now but still have the same problem with "magnetic field interference". I dont see numeric values on first compass just disconected, second is ok

Looks like the first compass is faulty, damaged in the crash you had. One of the moderators might be able to confirm this.

If it were just the compass then it could probably be fixed by a landing gear replacement. But there may be hidden damage, in which case it would be best sending it in.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, Mazzy. Did you contact tech support and send it in for further evaluation?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mazzy00 Posted at 2016-12-13 20:17

Just to clarify, did you attempt to fix the unit yourself or was it fixed at the Europe Repair Facility?
2016-12-14
Use props
stendek
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem...
Did you repair your Drone?
2017-3-20
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

When you calibrate your compass make sure you are not near any magnetic fields or metal objects.
2017-3-20
Use props
Shafanjum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
India

Hellow, i am having th same issue! How did u resolved??
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules