A Breakdown of DJI Service Plans
13422 39 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Still afraid of flying too far or too high?
Still worried about accidents?
On a tight budget?

Don’t worry! Our service plans (DJI Care Refresh, Osmo Shield and DJI Care) are available for 14 different DJI products. Compared to the price of our products, our service plans don’t cost much, and they can greatly reduce your maintenance and repair costs. DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care both last for one year, and Osmo shield even adds an extra year to your product warranty, extending it to two years in total. Under any of our plans, your repair or replacement will be prioritized, shipping costs both ways will be covered by DJI (as long as you’re within the coverage region), and you’ll have access to VIP phone and email service!
1.png

Listed below is a breakdown of our different plans, including how they work and the products for which they are available.

DJI Care Refresh: This plan is available for our newer products, like the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro, and it offers up to two replacements at additional charge (dependent on your region) within the coverage period (1 year). Also, DJI Care Refresh covers water damage.

DJI Care: DJI Care is available for our older drones, like the Phantom 3 Standard. This plan provides a coverage amount, equal to the cost of the aircraft, for accidental damage within the coverage period (1 year). Though DJI Care doesn't cover water damage, you can apply for repair an unlimited number of times under DJI Care, as long as you haven't exceeded your coverage amount, and there's no deductible.

Osmo Shield: Available for certain Osmo series products, this plan extends the normal product warranty, which covers product faults for 2 years, and it offers 1-time accidental damage coverage. Also, while DJI Care doesn't cover accidental water damage (DJI Care  Refresh now does), Osmo Shield’s 1-time accidental damage coverage does.  

2.jpg

Product Availability

1.1.png
1.2.png
Regional Availability

1.3.png

Parts Covered

1.4.png
*For the Inspire 2, DJI Care Refresh for the gimbal and camera must be purchased separately. To cover the aircraft and camera, you need to purchase DJI Care Refresh for the Inspire 2 Care and for the DJI Care Refresh for the X4 or X5S.

Purchase Period

Last Table.png
*If your aircraft has been activated for over 48hrs, you can still purchase DJI Care or DJI Care Refresh, but you’ll need to submit a verification video showing that your product is functioning normally. Instructions for how to submit a verification video are available here. Osmo Shield can only be purchased for eligible Osmo series products within 30 days of activation. After 30 days, Osmo Shield can no longer be purchased.

Also, while our plans do cover a lot, they don’t cover everything. For details about coverage exclusions, please refer to the following links.

Fly safe everyone, and thanks for reading! Feel free to share your experience with our service plans in the thread and comments. We’re listening to our customers and working to improve based on your feedback.

For more updates from DJI Support…

Like DJI Support on Facebook!
Follow DJI Support on Twitter!
Susbscribe to DJI Support on YouTube!
2016-12-13
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Great info, where and how can I add OSMO shield please?

Is is available on OSMO PLUS,
I would be very very close to 30says - thanks Mindy
2016-12-13
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bax, if you check the tables in the post you'll see it is available for the OSMO+, but only in Mainland China or USA/Canada...
2016-12-13
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Telrin Posted at 2016-12-13 20:26
Bax, if you check the tables in the post you'll see it is available for the OSMO+, but only in Mainland China or USA/Canada...

Oh NO!!!

Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh well, I'll be careful.

Using it for time lapse storm chasing, umbrella protection sounded great.

Australia here.
2016-12-13
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Great info, thanks
2016-12-13
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I purchased a Mavic Fly More Combo but did not buy the DJI Care Refresh at the time of order. I haven't received my Mavic yet but thought about going ahead and buying it now. How do I go about doing this since I don't have the serial number of the Mavic yet?
2016-12-13
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Silly question, but is Care Refresh available on the Mavic for those that purchased through resellers, or only for direct purchases from DJI?
2016-12-13
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

Not really scared about my mavic crashing (unless its into people) the thing that scares me most is it flying away and never coming back...  DJI care refresh does not cover that.
2016-12-13
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-13 11:13
I purchased a Mavic Fly More Combo but did not buy the DJI Care Refresh at the time of order. I haven't received my Mavic yet but thought about going ahead and buying it now. How do I go about doing this since I don't have the serial number of the Mavic yet?

You can purchase it once you receive the drone and have the serial number. You have 48 hours once the drone has been activated to buy it.
2016-12-13
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-13 12:30
Silly question, but is Care Refresh available on the Mavic for those that purchased through resellers, or only for direct purchases from DJI?

I bought my Phantom 4 from Best Buy and I was able to purchase DJI Care from DJI.

I bought my Mavic Pro and DJI Care Refresh from DJI. I purchased Care Refresh after I received my Mavic
2016-12-13
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

That's very helpful - thank you!  
2016-12-13
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

@DJI Mindy  i've one question..
I bought Mavic pro in Hong Kong where my girlfriend will receive it ! I'd love to get DJI care refresh but not in Hkg but here in Italy !!
can i do that? in few words i'd like to have this sort of insurance while flying in Italy with that mavic !

thank you for your kind reply !
2016-12-13
Use props
lee81
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi Mindy,
I received my mavic pro together with the blue card DJI Care Refresh. But I have been told by DJI not available in my country. May I know why this offer not in my country & sent me this blue card ? I wish to have some insurance coverage when flying the expensive drone. Is there any other option ?
2016-12-13
Use props
X5rdman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156033 ft
United States

You should correct this post.  It states DJI is available for the P4, but I have an email from DJI saying " not available for the P4 special black edition".
2016-12-13
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-13 15:48
You can purchase it once you receive the drone and have the serial number. You have 48 hours once the drone has been activated to buy it.

Thanks.....
2016-12-13
Use props
J_michael_slay
New
Flight distance : 25896 ft
United States

I want to purchase DJI care for my Phantom 3.  Would I use the craft serial number and camera serial number on box to enter during my purchase.
2016-12-14
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I would suggest activating your specific drone's program even before flying it, if you intend to utilize the service.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bucefalo Posted at 2016-12-14 06:34
@DJI Mindy  i've one question..
I bought Mavic pro in Hong Kong where my girlfriend will receive it ! I'd love to get DJI care refresh but not in Hkg but here in Italy !!
can i do that? in few words i'd like to have this sort of insurance while flying in Italy with that mavic !

Hi Bucefalo, you can buy DJI care refresh in Italy.
After that, you can only replace your product at an official EU service center.
2016-12-14
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 02:39
Hi Bucefalo, you can buy DJI care refresh in Italy.
After that, you can only replace your product at an official EU service center.

perfect :-) thank you for the kind reply ! I'll do that then !
2016-12-15
Use props
lee81
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi Heavysledz,

I was told by DJI chat Care Refresh is not available in Singapore. May I know how to purchase since there is no such item listed under DJI online store under my country ?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lee81 Posted at 2016-12-14 11:40
Hi Mindy,
I received my mavic pro together with the blue card DJI Care Refresh. But I have been told by DJI not available in my country. May I know why this offer not in my country & sent me this blue card ? I wish to have some insurance coverage when flying the expensive drone. Is there any other option ?

Could you please clarify where did you bought the aircraft? Via our DJI online store?
It's probably a introduction cards for DJI care refresh.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

J_michael_slay Posted at 2016-12-14 22:26
I want to purchase DJI care for my Phantom 3.  Would I use the craft serial number and camera serial number on box to enter during my purchase.

Yes, you need to enter the aircraft SN and camera SN.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bucefalo Posted at 2016-12-15 16:43
perfect :-) thank you for the kind reply ! I'll do that then !

You are welcome.
Enjoy your flight.
2016-12-15
Use props
lee81
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi Mindy,

I purchased mavic pro direct from DJI online store. If DJI Care Refresh not available in Singapore, why include the introduction label in the product ?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lee81 Posted at 2016-12-15 17:44
Hi Mindy,

I purchased mavic pro direct from DJI online store. If DJI Care Refresh not available in Singapore, why include the introduction label in the product ?

If you want to buy dji care refresh in another supported country. You can learn more from this introduction label. Just like Bucefalo's experience.
2016-12-15
Use props
Franbcn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3714 ft
France

I received my Mavic like a week ago buy my family because i have been out for a month and still are. I bought dji care refresh at the same time as the combo and received a mail last week which stated dji care would start on december 8th. Do i need to do something else? Is it normal to receive such mail while i still have not opened the box and therefore activate it?

Thank you
2016-12-15
Use props
lee81
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi Mindy,
Appreciated you could elaborate how to purchase DJI Care Refresh in unsupported country as I unable to find this item at  online store
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Franbcn Posted at 2016-12-15 19:54
I received my Mavic like a week ago buy my family because i have been out for a month and still are. I bought dji care refresh at the same time as the combo and received a mail last week which stated dji care would start on december 8th. Do i need to do something else? Is it normal to receive such mail while i still have not opened the box and therefore activate it?

Thank you

Hello Franbcn, here is the screenshot for your reference. dji care refresh.png
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lee81 Posted at 2016-12-15 20:33
Hi Mindy,
Appreciated you could elaborate how to purchase DJI Care Refresh in unsupported country as I unable to find this item at  online store

Sorry, you cannot buy DJI care refresh in unsupported country.
For example, you purchase the aircraft in Malaysia but you will go to USA.
And you wants to use the DJI care refresh in USA. Then you can buy the DJI care refresh in USA for the aircraft you purchased in Malaysia.
For further information, please refer to our website : http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
2016-12-16
Use props
Franbcn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3714 ft
Mauritius

Thank you DJI Mindy
2016-12-16
Use props
Elnan.do
lvl.2

Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-16 09:22
Sorry, you cannot buy DJI care refresh in unsupported country.
For example, you purchase the aircraft in Malaysia but you will go to USA.
And you wants to use the DJI care refresh in USA. Then you can buy the DJI care refresh in USA for the aircraft you purchased in Malaysia.

Given you go to the US within 48 hours i guess....
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elnan.do Posted at 2016-12-17 07:03
Given you go to the US within 48 hours i guess....

DJI Care Refresh can be purchased for the aircraft that has not been activated or has been activated for less than 48 hours.
2016-12-17
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 11:49
DJI Care Refresh can be purchased for the aircraft that has not been activated or has been activated for less than 48 hours.

Can I buy dji care refresh before receiving my aircraft ?  Or how long it will take to receive all infos from the time i purchase it?
Thanks.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-12-19 15:08
Can I buy dji care refresh before receiving my aircraft ?  Or how long it will take to receive all infos from the time i purchase it?
Thanks.

Since before receiving your Mavic, you cannot get the SN then you cannot purchase the DJI care refresh.
2016-12-19
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 16:30
Since before receiving your Mavic, you cannot get the SN then you cannot purchase the DJI care refresh.

Alright so you enter SN at same time you are buying refresh care? Make sense thanks a lot I will do it.
2016-12-19
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy, under the exclusions it lists third party software.   
Does this mean that any fight using Litchi is not covered under the Refresh plan or is it a case by case basis?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EdM Posted at 2016-12-20 08:48
DJI Mindy, under the exclusions it lists third party software.   
Does this mean that any fight using Litchi is not covered under the Refresh plan or is it a case by case basis?

Hello EdM, our engineers will analyse the flight data. If it's the third party software cause the crash.
It will not covered under DJI care refresh.
Please refer to the screenshot : exclusions.png
2016-12-19
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 21:54
Hello EdM, our engineers will analyse the flight data. If it's the third party software cause the crash.
It will not covered under DJI care refresh.
Please refer to the screenshot :[view_image]

Thank you for the reply Mindy,

This is what I thought would be the case.   Same as warranty.   If the software did not cause the crash it will be covered.....................if it was a faulty drone part.

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EdM Posted at 2016-12-20 12:19
Thank you for the reply Mindy,

This is what I thought would be the case.   Same as warranty.   If the software did not cause the crash it will be covered.....................if it was a faulty drone part.

You are welcome. :-)
2016-12-19
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Silly, but no DJI Care Refresh in my region. Every single electronic shop sells DJI drones and gimbals but nobody know when DJI will be officially in UAE. Maybe after a year when my warranty is expires
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules