Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV HDMI output Mavic Pro
7716 21 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the new Mavic Pro comes equiped with an HDMI output for use with Fat Shark or the like?
If not will there be an upgrade down the road as I did with my P3 Pro?
Benn looking, but every review, spec sheet, ect... does not mention FPV HDMI output.
Any help is appreciated
{:4_177:}
2016-12-13
Use props
EZTropical
lvl.1
Flight distance : 303734 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

not available  I am checking every day waiting for the DJI Goggles !  Cordless just hooking into the Occusink THAT WILL BE SO COOL  !
2016-12-20
Use props
JDBull
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917054 ft
  • >>>
United States

Currently the only solution that I've seen that may work with FatShark's is to use a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet's HDMI out and connect into the FatShark's mini HDMI input.  I have FatShark Dominator V3's that are  720P.  Im not sure the Shield K1's 1080P output is compaitable with the 720P FatShark's.  I was trying to get confirmation that they will work before I buy the tablet but never saw it.  It's only a $200 tablet but don't want to waste the time only to return it.

Also someone displayed some little "s" clips that would allow the tablet to insert easily into the Mavic controller and mount below the controller which is how I prefer.  I haven't been able to find those "s" clips either which in my opinion are a must to use the tablet.  

I don't know as I type this I may just give it a try.
2016-12-20
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.1

United States

JDBull Posted at 2016-12-21 13:34
Currently the only solution that I've seen that may work with FatShark's is to use a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet's HDMI out and connect into the FatShark's mini HDMI input.  I have FatShark Dominator V3's that are  720P.  Im not sure the Shield K1's 1080P output is compaitable with the 720P FatShark's.  I was trying to get confirmation that they will work before I buy the tablet but never saw it.  It's only a $200 tablet but don't want to waste the time only to return it.

Also someone displayed some little "s" clips that would allow the tablet to insert easily into the Mavic controller and mount below the controller which is how I prefer.  I haven't been able to find those "s" clips either which in my opinion are a must to use the tablet.  

I'm in the same predicament myself with the same equipment,,, still waiting on another shield as my granddaughter got ahold of mine,,,, I'm seriously hoping DJI can open both the small upper connection AND the USB, because that would solve our problem right there as I've got USB to HDMI connectors!!! AND I'm seriously hoping it can be done by firmware instead of mechanically!!!
2016-12-26
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.1

United States

And I'm still looking for the mounting clips,,,,
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chazzm Posted at 2016-12-26 21:27
I'm in the same predicament myself with the same equipment,,, still waiting on another shield as my granddaughter got ahold of mine,,,, I'm seriously hoping DJI can open both the small upper connection AND the USB, because that would solve our problem right there as I've got USB to HDMI connectors!!! AND I'm seriously hoping it can be done by firmware instead of mechanically!!!

The only option is the Shield or the DJI Goggles when they become available.
2016-12-29
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-29 10:28

Thanks all, I use my Fatshark V3's for my racing quads, I have used them with the P3P, Nice OSD display with the Phantom but actual visual is disorientating at distance & altitude compared to the 13" TV. FatSharks seem to work best at low altitude 5-20' even then distance can be tricky until you get used to them.
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-3-18 13:29
Thanks all, I use my Fatshark V3's for my racing quads, I have used them with the P3P, Nice OSD display with the Phantom but actual visual is disorientating at distance & altitude compared to the 13" TV. FatSharks seem to work best at low altitude 5-20' even then distance can be tricky until you get used to them.

I use Glyphs goggles with Shield K1 and get perfect FPV  
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-3-18 13:29

Totally understand.
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-18 14:00
I use Glyphs goggles with Shield K1 and get perfect FPV

That's a setup I wish I had.
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-18 19:38
That's a setup I wish I had.

Hi Ken ,
Its pretty cool and thank you for the reply from the other day  about the K1 shield .
I downgraded from 7Nougat back to v6.0.1 and with all the new DJI software ----> latest GO4, latest FW
I flew approx. 22 mins -- one battery ----- NO GO4 app crash with the Shield K1
I'm going fly some more today to see if all stays stable  
It's kind of a weird feeling using the glyphs --- what I like about them the best is that they don't cover your whole face ( Boxing in your vision ) you can look down and still see your RC and Tablet displays to make changes on the fly --- soon I'll be Buzzing the tree tops and will post vids -- I just need some more practice with Glyphs Flying             
2017-3-19
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Germany

I found a very effective, simple, and cost effective solution:
goggle with phone insert
Instead of buying very expensive goggles, just use your phone inserted into these goggles and connect it with a cable to the USB connector. This way you can keep you controller closed and and have awesome view.
The only con is that it is really big to carry around, but the goggles that DJI are developing are no smaller. So these is a far cheaper solution.
Nonetheless I've been talking to Fatshark, in the hope they can make a miracast connection to the HDMI in for the Fatshark goggles as these a far smaller to carry around.
So far the only solution is to have a cell phone/table with HDMI out (and YES this works, other have already tested it) but this means spending another 250Euros for a new tablet/phone which is completely unnecessary.
The reason why DJI did not integrate a HDMI out on the controller is simply for marketing, to have more people buy their new goggles that are coming out soon. And no other company can compete with that as DJI has exclusive IP on occusync. So even if they did make a device that can receive occusync and translate it to HDMI, it will be very expensive leading everyone to buy their own goggles.
Keep also in mind that for the serial information that is received from the USB is compressed and very likely encrypted, thus the APP is a requirement for viewing, hence there will never be a simple cable solution from USB to HDMI, which I find shameful. Nonetheless I'll keep searching for a simple solution to get HDMI to our FATHARK goggles and I have already some concepts in mind, just need to verify them first. In any case there will never be a simpler solution than having a tablet/phone with the HDMI out or the one proposed above.
Keep you posted.
2017-3-20
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Germany

OK, I'll mention my CONCEPT which I intend to test.
miracast 2 HDMI out

Basically I want to connect my phone via miracast to this device BEFORE turning ON the DJI controller, which first detects which frequencies are free. So when it sees the frequency being used by miracst in its band then it will choose something else. This device needs to be configured to 720p and 30fps for the Fatshark goggles to be able to function. However wait till i test it first then I will let you know how this works!
But this would be the ultimate solution for using our FATSHARK goggles.
Sp1k3
2017-3-20
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Germany

Correction: HDMI needs to be set to 720p and 60fps
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-19 03:45
Hi Ken ,
Its pretty cool and thank you for the reply from the other day  about the K1 shield .
I downgraded from 7Nougat back to v6.0.1 and with all the new DJI software ----> latest GO4, latest FW

Sounds good, just don't buzz the treetops too close, you don't want to wreck your $1,000 FPV aircraft.
2017-3-20
Use props
fansd871e79d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 720453 ft
United Kingdom

Sp1k3 Posted at 2017-3-20 03:09
OK, I'll mention my CONCEPT which I intend to test.
miracast 2 HDMI out

Did this work?
2017-3-22
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Austria

still waiting for the piece to come in from London. should be here early next week.
2017-3-25
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Austria

YES IT WORKS!
FATHSARK goggles are compatible with miracast dongle!!!

It works great! The phone however gets a little hot, it already did just running the go 4 app, and it draws more current, but the image is perfect!
2017-4-3
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Austria

make sure you set the dongle first to 1280x720 60fps, then you get a crystal clear image.

Give it a try, also the latency is very low. Just make sure that the Mavic is set to 720 and not 1080, because the 1080 has significant more compression and reduced data transmission, which implies it is much slower.
2017-4-3
Use props
fansced83697
New
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-29 10:28

You can also use Epson Moverio. I bought one. It looks fascinating.
2017-5-11
Use props
fans62f8cb09
New

United States

Sp1k3 Posted at 2017-4-3 10:28
make sure you set the dongle first to 1280x720 60fps, then you get a crystal clear image.

Give it a try, also the latency is very low. Just make sure that the Mavic is set to 720 and not 1080, because the 1080 has significant more compression and reduced data transmission, which implies it is much slower.

So how do you hook up the iPhone to the miracast device and then to the fatsharks?  Can you be more specific please?  Thx!!!
2017-7-3
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Germany

fans62f8cb09 Posted at 2017-7-3 20:49
So how do you hook up the iPhone to the miracast device and then to the fatsharks?  Can you be more specific please?  Thx!!!

Iphone is not compatible with miracast but you can connect via airplay.
However keep in mind that this does add significant delay 400-500ms...
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules