12Next >
3114 41 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Just installed the 1.7.90 on that Phantom 3 and now I can't even log into the remote control. Now I have video lags of over 6 seconds! I was able to revert back the aircraft fw but I need to revert back the RC fw.

DJI continues to disappoint me greatly
2016-12-14
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

There is nothing wrong with the new FW version 1.7.9, there are thousands that use it daily, including me. Did you use the Go app and update the FW via wifi, or via the SD card ?
2016-12-14
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

relink it, imu cal,  and compass cal
2016-12-14
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

I had issues with mine when I upgraded. My remote did not update and then I had to send it out. When I got it back, I can't fly it any where's near as far as I used to. VERY SORRY I upgraded it, should have left it alone, my drone was awesome before the upgrade.
2016-12-14
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

I've personally gone my max distance with this FW version, over 4000 meters. Yes my RC has mods, but it's still the max I've had. DanD2 when you did your FW update, did you do it via the Go app or via the SD card.
2016-12-14
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-14 23:03
I've personally gone my max distance with this FW version, over 4000 meters. Yes my RC has mods, but it's still the max I've had. DanD2 when you did your FW update, did you do it via the Go app or via the SD card.

I had to do it through the SD card. The GO app never recognized there was an update.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DanD2 Posted at 2016-12-15 11:54
I had issues with mine when I upgraded. My remote did not update and then I had to send it out. When I got it back, I can't fly it any where's near as far as I used to. VERY SORRY I upgraded it, should have left it alone, my drone was awesome before the upgrade.

Sorry to hear about the issue, after you received it form the service center,  you've re-linked them properly, but it did not work fine, right?
Would you please describe it in detail so that we can help you handle it.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Risharde, sorry for the issue, may I know what mobile device you are using?
Please make sure you upgrade both AC and RC successfully, then check the performance.
The live feed will lag about 6 seconds wherever you fly it?
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

DanD2 Posted at 2016-12-15 06:53
I had to do it through the SD card. The GO app never recognized there was an update.

The reason I ask is because so far everyone that I asked that posted having a issue with this new FW didn't do it correctly. The Standard is not designed to have it's FW updated via the SD card. It's designed to be updates via the Go app using wifi. The Go app will eventually have that popup about having a update available. So may impatient people out there cutting corners than putting fault on the FW update when they have a big issue. When the FW first came out, like any software update housed on servers. They take some time to inform all the users of the software about downloading the update. And you need to power and connect the equipment in a certain order for the Go app to give you the popup.
2016-12-15
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-15 10:56
The reason I ask is because so far everyone that I asked that posted having a issue with this new FW didn't do it correctly. The Standard is not designed to have it's FW updated via the SD card. It's designed to be updates via the Go app using wifi. The Go app will eventually have that popup about having a update available. So may impatient people out there cutting corners than putting fault on the FW update when they have a big issue. When the FW first came out, like any software update housed on servers. They take some time to inform all the users of the software about downloading the update. And you need to power and connect the equipment in a certain order for the Go app to give you the popup.

I waited well over a week after it came out and nothing ever popped up on the GO app. I can't remember who / where I got it but upgrading via the sd card came from DJI and I followed their instructions.
2016-12-15
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-15 07:09
Sorry to hear about the issue, after you received it form the service center,  you've re-linked them properly, but it did not work fine, right?
Would you please describe it in detail so that we can help you handle it.

They are linked.....they came back linked from the service center.
I have flown my drone from the exact same location since I've gotten it (I have not had it that long). Before the FW upgrade, I could easily get to an elevation of 400 feet. I even accidentally went to 600 feet once with no issues. . Distance wise, easily 2500ft + away at a 300-400 feet altitude, now I lose signal (remote to drone contact) around 1500ft away.
2016-12-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

I updated mine via the go app and I have terrible loss of RC signal all the time in all locations and the max I ever fly is 200 meters away at 80 meters height. I don't think 1.7.9 is any good - lots say it's good but it seems thousands say it's not on this site and others.
2016-12-15
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hi everyone, thanks for chiming in on what could be the possible problem.

WilliamM, I can confirm that it is the latest FW and suggest that you try to FTP into your RC since you said you made mods. Particularly, if I FTP into the RC Remote under 192.168.1.1 (the IP of the RC), I can no longer get to the root filesystem which is /. This means that I no longer have access to the filesystem to make any tweaks. Previously, in the 1.6 firmware, I was able to get into the root filesystem. I was able to downgrade the aircraft itself by putting the 1.6 fw back and I was able to get to the root directory. This FW version might be "fixes" for DJI, but they don't mention that they are trying to lock down the filesystem and therefore stop tweaking of the device.

With that being said, that's how I know for sure that the FW is causing the lag issues since previously, I had very low lags. I also noticed that the latest DJI Go App 3.1.1 causes more lag. This therefore means 3 things are happening at the same time

1. The FW has locked things down
2. The DJI Go App is slowing things down
3. It seems the combination of these 2 things are somehow leading to the lags I am experiencing as well. I have reverted back to FW 1.6 on the quad and downgraded DJI Go App to 2.8.3 and the lags are reduced (1 second or so)
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

DanD2 Posted at 2016-12-15 19:39
I waited well over a week after it came out and nothing ever popped up on the GO app. I can't remember who / where I got it but upgrading via the sd card came from DJI and I followed their instructions.

I really doubt it was from a DJI rep. It was more than likely from a member on one of the drone forums or YouTube. I've gone through maybe four or five FW updates on my P3S and all have been with using the Go app, and all have been 100%. Only one time did I have a failed update and it was my fault I think because I moved the drone from one side of the room to the other side during the install and it failed right then. Next time try doing it in this order. Power all equipment up, boot the Go app and connect device to RC wifi. Then connect the device to the home wifi, and reboot the Go app if needed. If you don't get the popup right away, just try again later. Like a different day if needed, it's always worked for me.
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-15 20:44
I updated mine via the go app and I have terrible loss of RC signal all the time in all locations and the max I ever fly is 200 meters away at 80 meters height. I don't think 1.7.9 is any good - lots say it's good but it seems thousands say it's not on this site and others.

Completely disagree, the people complaining are far and few. Thousand are not having an issue, please!! If anything it's the other way around. When someone as an issue that's bugging them, they post and re-post about it. But when all is just fine, not many start thread stating what a great day I had today. I have read many posts that have said the new FW fixed issues they were having with 1.6.8, that many in the CE mode areas complained about. Not saying your issue is not real, just that many more are having no issues with the version, including me. Have my max distance record using it, over 4000 meters.
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Risharde Posted at 2016-12-15 20:58
Hi everyone, thanks for chiming in on what could be the possible problem.

WilliamM, I can confirm that it is the latest FW and suggest that you try to FTP into your RC since you said you made mods. Particularly, if I FTP into the RC Remote under 192.168.1.1 (the IP of the RC), I can no longer get to the root filesystem which is /. This means that I no longer have access to the filesystem to make any tweaks. Previously, in the 1.6 firmware, I was able to get into the root filesystem. I was able to downgrade the aircraft itself by putting the 1.6 fw back and I was able to get to the root directory. This FW version might be "fixes" for DJI, but they don't mention that they are trying to lock down the filesystem and therefore stop tweaking of the device.

Sounds like you have things well in hand, good job. But all my mods are hardware, not software. Have a DBS powered by three amps. I myself might downgraded the Go app, as 3.1.1 on the Android has replaced the Google map with the Here maps and the map no longer follow the drone in flight and it also seems that the red drone icon is not facing the correct way anymore.
2016-12-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-16 12:13
Completely disagree, the people complaining are far and few. Thousand are not having an issue, please!! If anything it's the other way around. When someone as an issue that's bugging them, they post and re-post about it. But when all is just fine, not many start thread stating what a great day I had today. I have read many posts that have said the new FW fixed issues they were having with 1.6.8, that many in the CE mode areas complained about. Not saying your issue is not real, just that many more are having no issues with the version, including me. Have my max distance record using it, over 4000 meters.

Please search the net, there are loads of people saying RC loss signal is still bad with this update and also on this forum, everyday there is another one or two pop up and thats just this forum. For some people like you it works but there are lots and lots where it has made it worse. Remember DJI continually said 1.6.8 didn't have a loss of RC signal problem and now they admit it did with this new software and again back then there were loads of people on this forum saying it did work but there were more saying it didn't and obviously there was a issue as DJI have now admitted. Seems it is the same with 1.7.9. Glad it works for you but please understand that it still has flaws as per the thousands out there that it is not working for.
2016-12-15
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-15 21:00
I really doubt it was from a DJI rep. It was more than likely from a member on one of the drone forums or YouTube. I've gone through maybe four or five FW updates on my P3S and all have been with using the Go app, and all have been 100%. Only one time did I have a failed update and it was my fault I think because I moved the drone from one side of the room to the other side during the install and it failed right then. Next time try doing it in this order. Power all equipment up, boot the Go app and connect device to RC wifi. Then connect the device to the home wifi, and reboot the Go app if needed. If you don't get the popup right away, just try again later. Like a different day if needed, it's always worked for me.

Thanx but I tried those EXACT steps numerous times and it never worked. As stated above.....glad yours went well. Mine didn't and I had to send it to DJI repair center. They upgraded it and now my range is SIGNIFICANTLY less with 1.7.9!!!! Not a happy pilot!!
2016-12-15
Use props
RodrigoDPilot
New

United States

Guys, I have the same problem...got my brand new P3S and updated the firmware and I can get altitude but can get roughly 600m...and then it comes back to home...also, it's always showing a warning message "strong interference detected", tried to fly in different places (after read some comments here) and still have the same situation. Somebody can help?
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-15 22:31
Please search the net, there are loads of people saying RC loss signal is still bad with this update and also on this forum, everyday there is another one or two pop up and thats just this forum. For some people like you it works but there are lots and lots where it has made it worse. Remember DJI continually said 1.6.8 didn't have a loss of RC signal problem and now they admit it did with this new software and again back then there were loads of people on this forum saying it did work but there were more saying it didn't and obviously there was a issue as DJI have now admitted. Seems it is the same with 1.7.9. Glad it works for you but please understand that it still has flaws as per the thousands out there that it is not working for.

Still not understanding where your getting this "thousands out there it is not working" I read this and the Phantom Pilot forum all the time and can count just on my fingers the threads I've seen about this. That's not thousands, that's maybe less then 100 people I've read on both forum. And remember, people that don't have any issues and everything is fine for the most part don't have the same motivation to post. I'll start a poll soon, and that's still not going to be scientific because of the motivation factor. My real point I guess is if the FW was indeed flawed, wouldn't we all be having these issues? I think that sometimes the download or the update is getting corrupt. And/or some are doing the SD card and not the Go app install method.
2016-12-15
Use props
RodrigoDPilot
New

United States

I did thru the app and have same problem.
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

RodrigoDPilot Posted at 2016-12-15 23:12
Guys, I have the same problem...got my brand new P3S and updated the firmware and I can get altitude but can get roughly 600m...and then it comes back to home...also, it's always showing a warning message "strong interference detected", tried to fly in different places (after read some comments here) and still have the same situation. Somebody can help?

On the "strong interference detected" try powering up all your equipment first, then load the Go app. That worked for me. For you getting just 600m, that's very normal under most conditions. Unless you are truly out in the middle of nowhere (like just farmlands or open country) than you get 800 to 1000 meters max.
2016-12-15
Use props
RodrigoDPilot
New

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-16 12:58
On the "strong interference detected" try powering up all your equipment first, then load the Go app. That worked for me. For you getting just 600m, that's very normal under most conditions. Unless you are truly out in the middle of nowhere (like just farmlands or open country) than you get 800 to 1000 meters max.

I will try tomorrow and will post here. But the equipment goes 1000m right?
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

RodrigoDPilot Posted at 2016-12-16 00:11

Yes, but only out in the farmlands or open country, far away for radio (wifi) interference.
2016-12-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-16 14:52
Still not understanding where your getting this "thousands out there it is not working" I read this and the Phantom Pilot forum all the time and can count just on my fingers the threads I've seen about this. That's not thousands, that's maybe less then 100 people I've read on both forum. And remember, people that don't have any issues and everything is fine for the most part don't have the same motivation to post. I'll start a poll soon, and that's still not going to be scientific because of the motivation factor. My real point I guess is if the FW was indeed flawed, wouldn't we all be having these issues? I think that sometimes the download or the update is getting corrupt. And/or some are doing the SD card and not the Go app install method.

Probably not worth mentioning it again but there are 5 here on this one little post. I am also on a lot of forums around the world including the UK and have seen loads and loads complaining about 1.7.9. DJI need to sort it, or does this mean they have thousand of drones out there that they made which are faulty. WilliamM like I said glad yours works ok but please read loads and loads of post on just this forum alone saying the same as all of us on this one thread.  I probably wont answer anymore as I have said it enough times so ending my side of the conversation now. Happy and Safe Flying it you can get it up........
2016-12-15
Use props
RodrigoDPilot
New

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-16 13:37
Yes, but only out in the farmlands or open country, far away for radio (wifi) interference.

I did again and still having issues. My brother in law has a Phantom 4 and he is not experiencing these issues...this is so frustrating.
2016-12-22
Use props
RodrigoDPilot
New

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-16 12:58

It worked better but start to have the same problem...very weird.
2016-12-22
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

RodrigoDPilot Posted at 2016-12-22 15:08
I did again and still having issues. My brother in law has a Phantom 4 and he is not experiencing these issues...this is so frustrating.

But you have the Standard, right ??
2016-12-22
Use props
fans6a2c3841
New

United States

Have same issue. Used to fly max of 4500-5000ft from the hill top by my house. Updated firmware using app and now I lose aircraft connection and it returns to home after 4-500ft now. Usually it's only good to about 300ft now. Totally unacceptable. Useless for photography now. Keeps saying strong interference detected but there is nothing for at least 3 miles from here. Tried reloading firmware 6 times. Even from card. Still terrible range. I would sell it to get a professional but I can't sell it like this. Who would buy it? Won't even leave my property now. NO RANGE !  Reconnected drone to remote. Nothing helps. Terrible
2016-12-22
Use props
SedaP3
lvl.1

United States

New owner of P3S. A few days ago i received the 1.7.90 firmware update via the 3.1.1 DJI Go App. I've been searching forums but it seems that even with my RC control literally facing and right next to the drone i'm getting less than max signal 3-4 bars. I have the genuine argtek antennas on there that worked flawlessly before the update. i even re-opened the controller to verify connections. They were solid. My range has been decreased as i flew to a spot near my house that i've flown to daily since before and it triggered an RTH command. I don't know which version preceded this, i'd like to go back to it. What can I do? Why is my signal so weak even next to the drone?
2016-12-25
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

RodrigoDPilot Posted at 2016-12-16 13:11

It might go much farther depending on your location and amount of ambient radio noise.

Heck, every home in my residential neighborhood has a smart power meters linked by wifi and probably a wifi gateway on every cable tv modem not to mention random 30' high hills with 60+ foot tall trees. Electric service is not buried either.

My P3s is a completely stock refurbished unit that came with 2.7.9 firmware and it's a rare day that I can't fly beyond 900 meters.
2016-12-25
Use props
T.GingerBear
New

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-15 07:56

When I did my update, I did it from the DJI Go app. I had flown my drone around and used the camera for still shots and video, and no problems. Then I did the upgrade. Now I cannot connect to the unit, even though I can connect to the camera.
And yes, I got the message on the go app that the download and upgrade of the firmware was complete. And the instructions from the app said to power everything off and restart it. Did that and the indicator lights on the back struts are blink blink blink blink blink blink and yellow. Through the go app I can connect to the camera and I see where it wants me to connect the RC. Or that it is linking the RC. But if I try to push the link, it tells me that I have to push the frequency button on the Drone, and I cannot find the frequency button on the Drone. So the problem becomes that the instructions they send out with the firmware are screwed up and, or, the firmware upgrade is screwed up.
2016-12-25
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
United States

SedaP3 Posted at 2016-12-26 10:50
New owner of P3S. A few days ago i received the 1.7.90 firmware update via the 3.1.1 DJI Go App. I've been searching forums but it seems that even with my RC control literally facing and right next to the drone i'm getting less than max signal 3-4 bars. I have the genuine argtek antennas on there that worked flawlessly before the update. i even re-opened the controller to verify connections. They were solid. My range has been decreased as i flew to a spot near my house that i've flown to daily since before and it triggered an RTH command. I don't know which version preceded this, i'd like to go back to it. What can I do? Why is my signal so weak even next to the drone?

You may not be aware that the so called signal strength bars are not representative of actual signal strength but instead indicates packets received. When there's strong interference, packets are lost hence you will see less bars. Reflected signals have the same effect.
2016-12-25
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

T.GingerBear Posted at 2016-12-26 00:05
When I did my update, I did it from the DJI Go app. I had flown my drone around and used the camera for still shots and video, and no problems. Then I did the upgrade. Now I cannot connect to the unit, even though I can connect to the camera.
And yes, I got the message on the go app that the download and upgrade of the firmware was complete. And the instructions from the app said to power everything off and restart it. Did that and the indicator lights on the back struts are blink blink blink blink blink blink and yellow. Through the go app I can connect to the camera and I see where it wants me to connect the RC. Or that it is linking the RC. But if I try to push the link, it tells me that I have to push the frequency button on the Drone, and I cannot find the frequency button on the Drone. So the problem becomes that the instructions they send out with the firmware are screwed up and, or, the firmware upgrade is screwed up.

To link the RC to the AC there's a small recess button you need to press with a pen or paperclip (near the rear right leg) if I remember, then you can select the link option in the app. You can also use the S2 switch on the RC if needed to link. It's all in the manual.
2016-12-25
Use props
T.GingerBear
New

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-25 21:19
To link the RC to the AC there's a small recess button you need to press with a pen or paperclip (near the rear right leg) if I remember, then you can select the link option in the app. You can also use the S2 switch on the RC if needed to link. It's all in the manual.

It's not all in the manual. Because in the manual it points to where the button is, but in reality it just looks like an LED. But I was able to link the RC, and take it out for another flight, with the newest firmware that I updated earlier today

Thank you William in for your help.

PS the firmware update instructions need to be better. And maybe a troubleshooting table of what the blinking lights mean.

Oooh.... and maybe a simpler menu structure to have systems that need calibration/resets should be together instead of three different menus that dont make a lot of sense.
2016-12-25
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

T.GingerBear Posted at 2016-12-26 00:48
It's not all in the manual. Because in the manual it points to where the button is, but in reality it just looks like an LED. But I was able to link the RC, and take it out for another flight, with the newest firmware that I updated earlier today

Thank you William in for your help.

When I said the manual, I was just referring to the S2 switch being use instead of the app for the re-linking. As for your your other points, the Phantom, the Go app are not completely intuitive, it just the way it is. They promote them as being consumer products, but there borderline professional in their layout in my view.
2016-12-25
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-26 14:05
When I said the manual, I was just referring to the S2 switch being use instead of the app for the re-linking. As for your your other points, the Phantom, the Go app are not completely intuitive, it just the way it is. They promote them as being consumer products, but there borderline professional in their layout in my view.

DJI really needs another sub-forum, just for ranting. How about it, Mr Wang?
2016-12-25
Use props
SedaP3
lvl.1

United States

So even with the RC next to the drone I'm getting enough interference indoors to cause one to 2 bars loss in data? Is this firmware update more accurate as far as signal or something. I just could've sworn that there was no interference while on the ground. I also visited a spot Christmas day where I normally go and lost Rc control which triggered Rth. I'll have to fly again to check this out or maybe try a different location
2016-12-26
Use props
SedaP3
lvl.1

United States

Went outside for a compass calibration at a quick flight at about 10 ft altitude up and down my dead end street. Signal strength was maximum didn't fluctuate at all. We will see if this persists. Not sure if I did a compass calibration after. Maybe this was the issue. Idk
2016-12-26
Use props
RodrigoDPilot
New

United States

I just did few flights last days here in Oklahoma and did very well...did reach 800m but sometimes just 250 and lose signal...this is not optimum but understand...tomorrow will try to capture some images at the lake...
2016-12-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules