Crashed my mavic! dji care!
2601 17 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FroFroSaggins
lvl.1

United States

I crashed my mavic, sent it in to dji repair. got a quote and decided to just get replacment aircraft for $79. I had to send my aircraft and remote. will they send me my remote back with new aircraft?? Or will it be a whole new package. Just curious! Also will they give me new props?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, FroFroSaggins. Please refer to the image. For the Mavic Pro, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced.
Coverage.png
2016-12-15
Use props
FroFroSaggins
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 16:06
Sorry for your crash, FroFroSaggins. Please refer to the image. For the Mavic Pro, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced.
[view_image]

i have already sent my crashed drone in and its been looked at. i chose to just get a replacement and its on its way. do you know if they will send my remote back or give me a new one?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FroFroSaggins Posted at 2016-12-15 19:37
i have already sent my crashed drone in and its been looked at. i chose to just get a replacement and its on its way. do you know if they will send my remote back or give me a new one?

The DJI care refresh isn't cover controller. So we will send back your remote controller.
2016-12-15
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

There is no reason that they would sent you a new remote. However I'd be curios if they sent you a new mavic or a refurb.
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I want Care Refresh SO MUCH!  I know it doesn't cover absolutely everything but it seems like great peace of mind and keeps stuff off your insurance policy.
2016-12-15
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I'm going to get double covered.   I already purchased DJI Care Refresh, but I'm also going to call my insurance company (State Farm) and get drone insurance.    If this thing crashes, has a fly away, or goes into the river I'll be covered.
2016-12-15
Use props
FroFroSaggins
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-15 20:58
I'm going to get double covered.   I already purchased DJI Care Refresh, but I'm also going to call my insurance company (State Farm) and get drone insurance.    If this thing crashes, has a fly away, or goes into the river I'll be covered.

I had no idea state farm had drone insurance! Im going to have to look into that. Roll Tide btw!!!!
2016-12-15
Use props
FroFroSaggins
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-15 20:58

I had no idea state farm had drone insurance! Im going to have to look into that. Roll Tide btw!!!!
2016-12-15
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-15 04:25
I want Care Refresh SO MUCH!  I know it doesn't cover absolutely everything but it seems like great peace of mind and keeps stuff off your insurance policy.

Then you dont you get it?
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I bought through a reseller so I'll have to order it once I get back to my home state and get the reg. details from the box.
2016-12-15
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I purchased DJI care refresh and also a standalone policy from State Farm so I can fly it and not be worried that it crashes into a river or something
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I wouldn't invoke an insurance policy for replacement, but I'd definitely consider it for incident / liability.  That's the thing I fear the most.
2016-12-15
Use props
AdwokatDiabla
lvl.1

United States

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-12-15 09:58
I purchased DJI care refresh and also a standalone policy from State Farm so I can fly it and not be worried that it crashes into a river or something

how much did you pay for insurance at State Farm ?
2016-12-15
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

The insurance is usually $60/year.  Some get it cheaper as the value of the Mavic doesn't actually reach the threshold for the $60 charge.  For me, I added quite a few things to this policy so I'm covered for repair or replacement of stuff I use in "hazardous" situations.  Stuff like my camera gear that gets put in some rough outdoor adventures.  I also have my wife's ring on the policy.
2016-12-15
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

AdwokatDiabla Posted at 2016-12-15 20:16
how much did you pay for insurance at State Farm ?

$60 a year or $5 a month, If my drone decides to fly away and take a dip in a river or get stolen, crash etc I'm fully covered
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-16 01:42
I wouldn't invoke an insurance policy for replacement, but I'd definitely consider it for incident / liability.  That's the thing I fear the most.

$60/year is actually too good a deal to miss..
2016-12-16
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft
United States

When I send in my Mavic Pro how long will I be without it?
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules