Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A7r gimbal query
1054 4 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

I'm looking at adding a new camera to the fleet, a Sony A7r mk 2.  I've currently got a Zenmuse Nex 7 gimbal that has been modified slightly to allow me to mount a Sony A6000 camera.  I'm not expecting that this gimbal can be further modified to accept the A7r ii camera, and I don't really want to (then I can keep the A6000 gimbal for a backup).

I've had a quick look, and DJI do a A7 type gimbal.  Can anyone tell me if this is specifically for the A7r MK1 camera, or can it also take the Mk2 camera?  If it is not compatible, can anyone recommend a gimbal to mount under a S900, to mount the A7r MK2?

Thanks
Andy
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

At the time, there was only a A7R Mrk I but the gimbal was flexible to use an A7S. If the dimensions and the weight of the camera is similart to the A7R Mrk I, then the A7R Mrk II may be fine. If you happen to have a dealer in your area, they may be able to let you try it out before purchasing it.
2016-12-15
Use props
Fabirite
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello DJI-Jamie,

I just bought a S900 and my gimbal is Z15-A7. I purchased a sony ILCE-7RII. The camera is similar and the dimensión are ok for the gimbal. But the video is not clear. I updated the drivers and the problem keep. Dou you have some sugestion about it.

Thanks in advance
Fabián
2017-1-18
Use props
Fabirite
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI-Jamie,

I send a link with a video with the problem:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv1vv0 ... _114954309.mp4?dl=0

Thanks
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Fabirite Posted at 2017-1-18 10:55
Hello DJI-Jamie,

I just bought a S900 and my gimbal is Z15-A7. I purchased a sony ILCE-7RII. The camera is similar and the dimensión are ok for the gimbal. But the video is not clear. I updated the drivers and the problem keep. Dou you have some sugestion about it.

It's a little difficult to see, but what FPV system are you using? Do you happen to have the A7R Mrk I (or know someone who has one) to see whether it's does the same thing?
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules