OSMO+ terrible gimbal drift issue
1657 5 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxFilm
New

United States

I have been extremely disapointed with the Osmo+.  Both timelapse functions are basically useless due to gimbal drift issues.  Here are two examples of what I'm dealing with.  I've tried gimbal calibration immediately prior to both of these shots.  Are they working on a fix for this?  If not I will be returning my Osmo+ as it is completely worthless to me.

Here is an example of the terrible functionality of the gimbal during programmable timelapse.

Here is an example of terrible gimbal drift during a motion timelapse while handheld.

2016-12-16
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Welcome to the club!
2016-12-16
Use props
Horsenail
New

United States

Dumb question - likely someone has either tested this or posted it - but, has anyone tried changing the settings on the gimbal...as in setting the smooth track adjustments (speed, deadband and accel) to zero, prior to recording the timelapse?
IMG_5102.PNG
2016-12-23
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Horsenail Posted at 2016-12-24 03:50
Dumb question - likely someone has either tested this or posted it - but, has anyone tried changing the settings on the gimbal...as in setting the smooth track adjustments (speed, deadband and accel) to zero, prior to recording the timelapse?

Yes it is important to adjust your 'profiles' and change your 'smooth track adjustments'
2016-12-23
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi,

It's funny, I've also posted about Drift bug at the same time! http://forum.dji.com/thread-77398-1-1.html with a big difference between Regular and Motion TimeLapse : you will see there several video tests.

Do you have made several tests changing the settings on the gimbal? Any good or bad conclusion in waiting DJI firmware fix? What are your bests values?
2016-12-24
Use props
vivian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Where is the option to calibrate the gimbal ?
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules