Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 Manual
12Next >
27580 52 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is there any link to a manual or instructions for the GO 4 app. Something a bit more indepth then what is in the Mavic Pro manual.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry Jenee, we don't have a manual for DJI GO 4 app.
If you have any query about the DJI GO 4 app, please let me know. I'll help to figure it our for you.
2016-12-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 19:24
If you have any query about the DJI GO 4 app, please let me know. I'll help to figure it our for you.

When I first started the Controller, Mavic and GO 4, I was presented with an initial setup. During this I was able to select Mode 1 and various other settings including the default for C1 and C2.
I haven't yet flown as I am still trying to go through all the options in the GO 4 app but now I would like to have another look at the options for the C1 and C2 buttons but I just can't find where to get to the settings for this.
2016-12-18
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-12-18 22:06
When I first started the Controller, Mavic and GO 4, I was presented with an initial setup. During this I was able to select Mode 1 and various other settings including the default for C1 and C2.
I haven't yet flown as I am still trying to go through all the options in the GO 4 app but now I would like to have another look at the options for the C1 and C2 buttons but I just can't find where to get to the settings for this.

One of the drawbacks with the app I find is that the settings you can change are dependant on if you are connected to the Mavic or not.  The reason you might not be able to find it easily is because you're not connected, and then it seems like some screens or selections aren't available.  I know that for programming the C1 and C2 buttons, if not connected, you have some options, but not all the options.  Then when you do connect and turn the drone on, you get way more things you can attach to this custom button.  

Of course if you make any changes without being connected, they aren't kept.  The reason I guess why its most frustrating is that when the Mavic is on, after only 2 minutes the fan turns on to cool it down, which is annoying if all I want to do is go through all the menus and just get to know the app.  You can't really get to know if without the Mavic being on and connected, but when it is, it seems like you are doing damage to the Mavic by having it sit there and heating up just from being on.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-12-19 14:06

Hello Jenee, here is the screenshot for your reference. controller settings.png
2016-12-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 18:25
Hello Jenee, here is the screenshot for your reference.[view_image]

This is all very strange. I seem to have the latest version of the GO 4 app but when I go into Remote Controller settings (and I do have the Mavic connected when I am in the DJI GO app) but all I see are other settings including the Mode and other things. I don't see what is on the screen you have shown.
Also, I just cannot get to the camera settings. I tap on the screen where the camera settings are shown but nothing happens. Is thee anywhere else to get to the camera settings.
2016-12-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

This time when I started the Controller and the Mavic, the GO app started automatically and now starts with the Mavic screen instead of the Phantom 4 and instead of Connect, I see GO Flying instead. Now I can get to the C1 and C2 settings. This app has a mind of its own.
Still cannot access camera settings though.
2016-12-19
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 01:24

Hi DJI, Is it possible to have the software engineers change the DJI GO 4 so that we all can set our flight preferences without turning on the drone???

2016-12-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Finally found the button for camera settings.
Would it be possible to supply screenshots of the list of camera settings available.
That way I can determine what I might need to change without having to turn the Mavic on all the time to go through the settings as the poor little thing just has to sit there and get hot while I fiddle around.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-12-20 08:54
Finally found the button for camera settings.
Would it be possible to supply screenshots of the list of camera settings available.
That way I can determine what I might need to change without having to turn the Mavic on all the time to go through the settings as the poor little thing just has to sit there and get hot while I fiddle around.

Here is the screenshot. Is that what you need? camera settings.png
2016-12-19
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

Hi Mindy,

Can I ask where can I find a switch to turn on/off front led lights?
I think that I was looking for it everywhere... (it was in MC Settings->Advanced if I remember correctly).

Thanks,
GK
2016-12-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 17:35
Here is the screenshot. Is that what you need? [view_image]

Yes thanks for that. Just one more question, how do I set the video to 1080p. It seems to be set to 720 and I can't change it.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-12-21 13:34
Yes thanks for that. Just one more question, how do I set the video to 1080p. It seems to be set to 720 and I can't change it.

Sorry for the late reply.
Here is the screenshot for your reference. video size.png

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gkordowski Posted at 2016-12-20 21:41
Hi Mindy,

Can I ask where can I find a switch to turn on/off front led lights?

Yes, GK. You are correct.
Here is the screenshot for your reference. advanced settings.png
2016-12-27
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I cannot find it in that place (Android). I've found it in "Camera Settings" - 3rd tab.

Thanks,
Gregory
2016-12-28
Use props
MMARKOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United States

DJI Mindy I have several questions about DJI GO 4 app for Android with a Mavic.
1. When setting one of the 5D button movements to Metering/Focusing am I correct in thinking The Green Square is for tapping on a place to focus and tapping on the yellowish circle is for where to get exposure?
2. Under General Settings:
a. If one activates, "Enable MF," does mean no Autofocus and if not enabled, Autofocus is the Default?
b. What is, "Long Press?" Long Press of what and in what way is Gimbal or Focusing controlled?
c. Full Screen Style - What is Single Finger as opposed to Double Fingers?
Thanks,
Marty
2017-2-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Hi Mindy,

We desperately need a manual for the app, one that also documents the differences between the aOS and iOS versions. It would have to dramatically cut down support requests!

Can you tell us if one such is in development?
2017-2-9
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Perhaps a little out of date but the best there is so far.

http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-g ... -every-menu-button/
2017-2-9
Use props
Ralf58
New

Germany

Hello, does anybody know what "mobile data upload" is for? Can I disable this to safe iphones battery? My phones battery dies within 7 minutes from 100% to 0%. Would this or other options safe energy? Many thanks! Ralf
2017-2-13
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

This is incredible. I'd really expect a manual for the software which controls a £1099 piece of hardware.
2017-2-13
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

So why did You not answer MY question regarding what triggers the the warning in DJI GO "aircraft too far away" when I want to enter Follow-me-mode and my Mavic is  6 m up and 1 m away from me last week ?

To get me right: I am happy with my Mavic, Mavic does not PERFECTLY what was advertised, but it works so far with limitations, but still we need more details on the possible warnings and the possible causes for it !
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Ralf58 Posted at 2017-2-13 04:27
Hello, does anybody know what "mobile data upload" is for? Can I disable this to safe iphones battery? My phones battery dies within 7 minutes from 100% to 0%. Would this or other options safe energy? Many thanks! Ralf

Some people pay for cellular data or have low allowances, so this feature allows users to restrict the uploading of movies to DJI's Sky Pixel site to when on a wifi connection.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Ralf58 Posted at 2017-2-13 04:27

Are you flying in cold weather? A frigid phone will have a really short battery life -- I've head of people using hand warmers to keep their electronic gear running longer in freezing weather.

Also, putting your phone into Airplane mode will often help, especially if you're flying in areas at the edge of cell service. If your cell phone is in a poor service area, the radio gets more juice to compensate, which really burns through your battery.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-2-9 12:20
Perhaps a little out of date but the best there is so far.

http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-go-app-step-step-guide-every-menu-button/

Thanks much for posting this -- it answered several outstanding questions I had about the app's feature options.
2017-2-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-13 10:50
Thanks much for posting this -- it answered several outstanding questions I had about the app's feature options.

You are most welcome, I had some aha moments also when reading it
2017-2-13
Use props
fans66729df3
New

United States

I cannot turn on the "Display Radar Chart" on my Ipad mini using the DJI GO 4 app.  It is kingd of greyed out.  any ideas why?
2017-4-23
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

DJI GO4  user manual ...a little outdated but everything is there, will help 99%

Here is a dropbox link

i cannot attach here because is too large 3mb
2017-4-23
Use props
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436345 ft
Poland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-13 09:12
Some people pay for cellular data or have low allowances, so this feature allows users to restrict the uploading of movies to DJI's Sky Pixel site to when on a wifi connection.

Hi,
Could you please help me with quality of the movies from Mavic. I tried with 4K, reduced to fullHD; with oryginal SD 16GB lextar, and my 32GB Sandisk; I have a wobbly movies with   distortions.
Where is my mistake?

Rgds
Darek

http://Www.fotek.eu/dji/DJI_0009.MP4
2017-5-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

fans9df4bef7 Posted at 2017-5-14 06:47
Hi,
Could you please help me with quality of the movies from Mavic. I tried with 4K, reduced to fullHD; with oryginal SD 16GB lextar, and my 32GB Sandisk; I have a wobbly movies with   distortions.
Where is my mistake?

You often see this when the gimbaled camera meets wind gusts or sudden stops and accelerations, especially in sports mode. If it happens all the time you'd want to open a support case, but if it's just an occasional thing then it's likely to be due to one of the above scenarios. Hope this helps.
2017-5-14
Use props
pdubbya2
New
United Kingdom

stupid I know but just got this spark yesterday.. how do I record its just taking pictures and would like to do a video

you prob guessed it's my first drone
2017-6-17
Use props
SimCab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004498 ft
Italy

I'm trying to undertstand the use of the "m.m." value on the manual mode menu.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pdubbya2 Posted at 2017-6-17 02:06
stupid I know but just got this spark yesterday.. how do I record its just taking pictures and would like to do a video

you prob guessed it's my first drone

Are you using the Gesture Mode, Gesture Mode can only be used to take photos.
If you would like to take video, please do that in DJI Go 4 or with Remote control.
record video.png
2017-6-17
Use props
fans2d9f29dd
New
United States

How do you enable the google map in the corner of the display on IOS (dji go 4)
2017-6-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

fans2d9f29dd Posted at 2017-6-23 13:45
How do you enable the google map in the corner of the display on IOS (dji go 4)

There should be a small oblong box on the bottom right hand or left hand side of the screen showing a map. If you tap on that you will get the map. But I think it is Near Maps rather than Google maps. To go back to the normal screen, tap in the same box again.
2017-6-23
Use props
luis3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58527 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Is this for real? You sell thousand(s) dollars drones and you don't even have a manual for your app? Came looking for the same thing... I'm really surprised.
2017-6-23
Use props
cgb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19167 ft
United States

Can anyone tell me how to launch "auto edit" in dji go 4 app? Does not seem to be automatic anymore and I can't find any way to launch it manually. Any help?
2017-6-24
Use props
erabhishek
lvl.1

India

Hello ,  Can anyone help me with DJI go app, what does gimbal slider does? that is beside the camera icon, i need to integrate same gimbal position slider in my app but i am not aware of what it does internally , Thanks.
2017-7-13
Use props
Brian67
New

United States

how do I get registered for dji go 4.  tried 10 times
2017-7-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Brian67 Posted at 2017-7-21 14:45
how do I get registered for dji go 4.  tried 10 times

Try going to the DJI website on a PC and create an account there. Once you have done that you use the same login and password in the app. When you open the app, on the bottom far right there is an icon called Me. Tap on that and there should be able to login there.
2017-7-21
Use props
tfrank_48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118366 ft
  • >>>
United States

MMARKOE Posted at 2017-2-9 10:52
DJI Mindy I have several questions about DJI GO 4 app for Android with a Mavic.
1. When setting one of the 5D button movements to Metering/Focusing am I correct in thinking The Green Square is for tapping on a place to focus and tapping on the yellowish circle is for where to get exposure?
2. Under General Settings:

I know this is an old post but ....
Holding/pressing 1 finger on the screen [moving it up/down on-screen] will give you control of the gimbal up/down movement ...
Using 2 fingers should stop you from going into full screen video [what the camera sees without menus] ...
so using 1 or 2 fingers will give you control of the gimbal up/down movement.

2017-7-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules