7505 22 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I havent flown the M600 in awhile. everything was great that day of flight and i put it away. Two days ago I turned on the M600 and controller. The Controller was beeping continuous and APP showed that controller needed calabration. I turned everything off then turned on only controller and went though the calabration. Everything seemed fine afterwards. Now when I turn on both units I get a firmware update needed on aircraft from the App. My aircraft shows version 1.0.0.43 which is the currant version as far as i know. I connected to assistant 1.0.7 and went to firmware page. Page shows only the currant firmware installed (1.0.0.43) no other firmware options or anything else. I get out of the assistant and restart the aircraft and controller to only still have that firmware update needed warning. Anyone have any suggestions?
2016-12-17
Use props
gjhalbertyn
New

South Africa

I also got the same problem...
2016-12-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a bug in Assistant 2 1.0.7. Can your M600 work with  1.0.6? If so, use that.
2016-12-19
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Where can I download older versions of Assistant?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bobo Posted at 2016-12-20 03:43
Where can I download older versions of Assistant?

Just to be clear, you're unable to get the firmware warning to go away by refreshing the firmware page? If you want to try 1.0.6, here are the links:

Windows:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0.6.334+For+win.exe

Mac:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant_2_1.0.6.dmg
2016-12-19
Use props
gjhalbertyn
New

South Africa

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2016-12-19 20:17
This is a bug in Assistant 2 1.0.7. Can your M600 work with  1.0.6? If so, use that.

I tried that but doesn't solve the problem, 1.0.6 only pic up the Lightbridge but not the M600.
2016-12-19
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the download firmware Jamie. It didn't work. See my post notes. When i installed Assistent 1.0.6 and push M600 button i get. " Your firmware is not supported in this DJI Assistent Version. Update and try again." There is a "update now "button i pushed but nothing happens.I reinstalled Assistent v 1.0.7 and when hitting the M600 on the first screen, i get the second page with options including Firmware update. I push that and get

Firmware list
v1.0.0.43.           2016.09.29.           Current version

No other options to back down to a older firmware.

I called Support and also emailed them.Nothing back.
I have removed IOS App and reinstalled. Removed Assistant2 and reinstalled,

2016-12-20
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got it figured out. The App showed Aircraft firmware update required. Wasn't that. I took off the X5 Camera and booted up. The Firmware update required was gone. So determined it was the X5 upgrade that needed it. I

installed the upgrade though the X5 camera and behold the Firmware update required has gone bye-bye. Hope this helps others.
2016-12-20
Use props
Himo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42812 ft
Canada

bobo Posted at 2016-12-20 09:51
Got it figured out. The App showed Aircraft firmware update required. Wasn't that. I took off the X5 Camera and booted up. The Firmware update required was gone. So determined it was the X5 upgrade that needed it. I

installed the upgrade though the X5 camera and behold the Firmware update required has gone bye-bye. Hope this helps others.

How did you upgrade your X5? i tried everything but cannot get it to update.
2016-12-20
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Himo Posted at 2016-12-21 15:34
How did you upgrade your X5? i tried everything but cannot get it to update.

Use the X5 Pro firmware update 1.10.1.40 dated 2016-12-15.http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5/info#downloads It should be on the M600 download page for firmware updates, but it's not. I have a Inspire1 Pro also. So I did the firmware up date for camera on that. Then all was good with Inspire1Pro and M600 with the X5.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bobo Posted at 2016-12-21 01:51

Good to hear you were able to pinpoint the problem, thanks for the update!
2016-12-21
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 04:07
Good to hear you were able to pinpoint the problem, thanks for the update!

DJI-Jamie, The M600 download page, under cameras should have the right firmware update there. Also why can't the Assistant 2 software pick up on the cameras attached and update the camera like the aircraft. Would be so much easier and no errors as to which one. Like I said I used my Inspire1 Pro to update the X5 firmware, There are people out there saying that they can't update the X5 camera with the M600. Would like to hear from Tech about this.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bobo Posted at 2016-12-22 04:26
DJI-Jamie, The M600 download page, under cameras should have the right firmware update there. Also why can't the Assistant 2 software pick up on the cameras attached and update the camera like the aircraft. Would be so much easier and no errors as to which one. Like I said I used my Inspire1 Pro to update the X5 firmware, There are people out there saying that they can't update the X5 camera with the M600. Would like to hear from Tech about this.

Since this is a pretty recent update, the M600 version should be made available soon. At this time, the M600 update packages are one update behind. I don't believe that the encoding that the camera uses to dictate the update process can be changed, since this was how the camera was updated before the arrival of the M100 and M600. In the meantime, while I understand that it could be inconvenient, reaching out to a dealer or borrowing a friend's Inspire (if possible) would be the most immediate course of action while waiting for the M600 firmware download to arrive.
2016-12-21
Use props
lt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2516778 ft
South Africa

Thanks for the information. Any estimate on a release date for the M600 X5 firmware?
2016-12-25
Use props
CJJordan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 06:54
Since this is a pretty recent update, the M600 version should be made available soon. At this time, the M600 update packages are one update behind. I don't believe that the encoding that the camera uses to dictate the update process can be changed, since this was how the camera was updated before the arrival of the M100 and M600. In the meantime, while I understand that it could be inconvenient, reaching out to a dealer or borrowing a friend's Inspire (if possible) would be the most immediate course of action while waiting for the M600 firmware download to arrive.

I have the same problem with no fix. I Turned on my controller to have the constant beeping, and it won't go away, and the app thinks it's an inspire. I DIDN'T update my app or anything. Just wouldn't connect. Then updated the app, and still no dice. Then connected M600 to old assistant 1.0.6 - that updated the M600 fine. But controller still beeping, and no way to connect to the M600.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

CJJordan Posted at 2016-12-28 05:47
I have the same problem with no fix. I Turned on my controller to have the constant beeping, and it won't go away, and the app thinks it's an inspire. I DIDN'T update my app or anything. Just wouldn't connect. Then updated the app, and still no dice. Then connected M600 to old assistant 1.0.6 - that updated the M600 fine. But controller still beeping, and no way to connect to the M600.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the RC is not at low battery, correct? You can try the following to remove any problematic presets that could be affecting the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Let me know if this helps.
2016-12-27
Use props
lt
lvl.3
South Africa

Back to the firmware issue of the M600/RTK/X5 Camera.

High risk solution and temporary workaround:
I downloaded the firmware listed for the Inspire/X5 combo 1.10.1.40. I then proceeded to disconnect the CAN port on the camera and the firmware upgraded successfully to the version downloaded as per the procedure mentioned in the M600 manual. Another factor causing the gimbal disconnect issue seemed to be (I might be wrong here) that the X5 CAN port has to be connected to the hub on the A3 GPS as per manual and the RTK connected directly to the CAN1 on the A3. It is not clear in the instructions where to connect the RTK CAN port to the M600 because the manual also states to connect it to the A3 GPS Hub with no reference where to connect when you have a Zenmuse X5 mounted and I therefore assumed any CAN1 will be ok. Doing this did seem to eliminate the disconnects.

Ideal Solution:
Now the only outstanding issue that remains to be solved is to bumb the RTK to the next version (NOT 1.0.0.18 which does not work on the M600) and release an official update for the X5 camera that can be installed onto the M600 without this workaround. Hope we don't have to wait too long for this one to come out.

Comments and thoughts:
It would however be a good practice for DJI to give clear instructions on this and not to rely on customers having to avidly scroll and search through the forum for information that seems to be missing in the owners manual. I know you guys are busy and have a lot on your hands, but we, your customers, are the foundation on which you built your company and I would much rather enjoy flying the Craft than having to troubleshoot for more than a week to get around a problem like this.
M600 IS ONE HECK OF A GOOD MACHINE AND INSTILLS A LOT OF CONFIDENCE WITH THE PILOT but I feel frustration with the service gives the product a very bad rep

Current Firmware/Software versions

Current Firmware/Software versions
2016-12-28
Use props
lt
lvl.3
South Africa

Above combination does not work. I've tested the setup again and had 9 disconnects... return to home, shut down, restart, continue mission's. Not a workable solution!
DJI Please help by providing a solution that does work!
2016-12-30
Use props
chrisansilver
lvl.2
United States

lt Posted at 2016-12-30 08:48
Above combination does not work. I've tested the setup again and had 9 disconnects... return to home, shut down, restart, continue mission's. Not a workable solution!
DJI Please help by providing a solution that does work!

New firmware out:
Zenmuse X5 Firmware for Matrice 600 2017-01-03
on DJI website. There is no release notes, anyone know anything about this?
DJI please chime in and explain.
2017-1-3
Use props
chrisansilver
lvl.2
United States

chrisansilver Posted at 2017-1-3 21:58
New firmware out:
Zenmuse X5 Firmware for Matrice 600 2017-01-03
on DJI website. There is no release notes, anyone know anything about this?

Received my x5 and gimbal mount today, 2 days early. Its a shame we invest this kind of money in products we cant use. We need a way to update the X5 on the 600 so we can use our equipment. Sure looks good though. Is there any way to do the update other than having an Inspire. DJI please come up with a solution.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

chrisansilver Posted at 2017-1-4 20:19
Received my x5 and gimbal mount today, 2 days early. Its a shame we invest this kind of money in products we cant use. We need a way to update the X5 on the 600 so we can use our equipment. Sure looks good though. Is there any way to do the update other than having an Inspire. DJI please come up with a solution.

V01.10.01.40 for the X3, X5 and X5R has been made available via the M600 download page:

http://www.dji.com/matrice600/info#downloads

It's mostly to maintain its compatibility with other DJI products, like the Inspire 1, and with the latest version of the DJI Go app.

2017-1-6
Use props
jjsofonia
New
Flight distance : 181398 ft

Australia

DJI-Jamie, I'm trying to install the Zenmuse X3 onto an M600 Pro and having no success despite going through the posts and DJI instructions.  
This has included downloading the latest firmware via the link you provided in January (and same link in the DJI online instructions).

Numerous attempts have proven unsuccessful.
The best so far include one occasion when I heart two 'fast beeps' from the gimbal ... another time, I counted six (i.e. shortly after power on).
All other times, I hear nothing at all at startup, during or after (up to 30min).  Additionally, there is no .txt report on the SD card informing on the success (or lack there of) of the attempt.

At this point, I'm left thinking that I need to somehow obtain an Inspire as per the previous solution discussed?  
This seems absurd, but a fix is a fix.
Unfortunately, however, I don't own or have access to an Inspire so this is not really an option.

I followed the instructions (to the letter) provided on:  (i.e. http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... rading_the_Firmware).
The firmware I downloaded is:  MATRICE600_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin
M600 current firmware: V1.00.01.60
LightBridge2 current firmware: V1.1.60

Apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious but frustration levels are rising, so reaching out.
Hoping for a (good) DJI solution ... particularly one that does not involve sourcing another aircraft.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  - - Thank you.
2017-8-28
Use props
jjsofonia
New
Flight distance : 181398 ft

Australia

Ok - So I solved my problem with updating firmware for the Zenmuse X3 on our M600 Pro.
Here's what I did.

After installing the X3 as per the online instructions:
1. Format the SD card on the PC as FAT32 with 'Allocation Unit Size" = 32 Kilobytes (not sure if the allocation size matters, but that's what I used);
2. Copied the latest firmware for the X3 on the M600 onto the SD card.  In this case:  MATRICE600_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin
3. Disconnected the CAM and LightBridge cables from the gimbal-side of the setup;
4. With transmitter off - powered on the M600;
5. The X3 then updated it's firmware (less than 5 min) with all appropriate 'beep' patterns etc.
6. I then powered off the M600, took out the SD card and brought it back onto my PC to confirmed that the update was successful (i.e. a .txt file was created stating as much);

When I inserted the SD back into the M600 and powered on normally (i.e. with transmitter powered and 'go' app on) however, I was still receiving an error of "No Transmission Signal".

To resolve this, I:
1. Entered 'General Settings' in Go App (three dots in top right corner);
2. Touched the "HD" icon to bring up the "Image Transmission Settings"
3. Channel Mode as "Auto" (default);
4. Lowered the "Bandwidth Allocation" to:  "LB:90% EXT:10%"
5. "Enable EXT Port" is ON;
6. Image Transmission Mode = Auto (default);
7. App Output Mode = EXT
8. Enable HDMI/SDI is ON
9. Output Mode = LB
10. Output Format = 1080P30; and
11. OSD Settings, all = 0 (default)

I believe Item 4 above can be anything other than LB=100% and I can select any option in Item 10 above without any issues.
I may have just gotten lucky, but I think the key in all the above (for me) was formatting the SD card properly and unplugging the CAM and LB cables from the gimbal before powering the system.
The next key thing was changing the bandwidth allocation so that LB did not have 100%.

Hope this works for others and saves you the day I've spent on getting mine to work.  --  DJI make some great stuff and make flying easy and fun.  
I just hope they eventually get around to making their firmware as user friendly.

2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules