Going to Sweden in Feb - Shall I take the Mavic?
1033 9 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, as the titles says, I am going to Sweden in February with my family. I would love to take the Mavic to record some of our trip but, as most people on hear are probably aware, they have made it illegal to fly drones with cameras.

Now, I am going to an area that is quite remote so the chance of even getting caught is probably quite slim so I could just ignore the law and take it anyway.

So the question is, should I take it or not?
2016-12-18
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi, i"m not frome Sweden but i can imagine the drone flying community there has it's hands full as is.
I'm sure they don't want tourists to make things worse.

So i'd say, dont take it for the sake of the locals.
2016-12-18
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

There will be a new suggestion for the law next week promised by the government from what I heard it looks good but i'm not convinced until i've heard it.

I'm full of hope perhaps the government will give us drone flyers a christmas present next week.

To answer your question, I guess this is not the most prioritaized "crime" in sweden. So bring it check the situation about people in the area and then take a decision

2016-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm also heading to Sweden in February and I'm taking my Mavic with me and like flybee says just see how you get on, enjoy your trip.
2016-12-18
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Sweden

Well, here is the upside.

This law only applies to swedes in sweden. If you are not from sweden you are allowed to use it.

So, bring it, use it and share it!

2016-12-18
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

firefreak Posted at 2016-12-18 21:26
Well, here is the upside.

This law only applies to swedes in sweden. If you are not from sweden you are allowed to use it.

Hi Firefreak.

I think you are mis informed about the law, check the link in the bottom.

http://www.fotosidan.se/cldoc/la ... arfotografering.htm
https://www.easa.europa.eu/downl ... 20the%20ANPA_SV.pdf

and now the final thing about companies and citizens

http://digital.di.se/artikel/kry ... attar-inte-eu-bolag

If you can come to any other conclusion than I will be happy.
2016-12-18
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

The Swedish government have today sent out an suggestion which basically says that it should be allowed to fly drones with a camera attached.

It will take a little while and they are aming for this summer (2017) to have it changed
2016-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2016-12-19 16:32
The Swedish government have today sent out an suggestion which basically says that it should be allowed to fly drones with a camera attached.

It will take a little while and they are aming for this summer (2017) to have it changed

Good news for you guys, good luck.
2016-12-19
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-19 18:57
Good news for you guys, good luck.

Yes it is, should only have something to fly now but that will also hopefully change soon. And thank you very much.
2016-12-19
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2016-12-19 18:02
Yes it is, should only have something to fly now but that will also hopefully change soon. And thank you very much.

Yeah this is great news. It won't be in time for my trip though so I think I'll follow your advice and take it along but see what the lay of the land is like before making a decision to fly or not. Thanks!
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules