Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cinematic mode test, handheld, high wind a little rain
1429 18 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

A quick test of cinematic mode, it's nice - very FLOATY feel to it. It takes a little more room to pull up so allow room.

High winds, had sports mode compass switching but all went fine.
A little rain towards the end, handled conditions no problem.

I started grabbing some handheld footage to compare with the OSMO plus. I'll do a later video on this.

2016-12-18
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Nice video, I haven't had a chance to try it yet but cine mode sounds promising. Were you using AF mode during this? Not sure if its the distance to the subject or not but the right edge of your frame looks a little soft.
2016-12-18
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-19 06:31
Nice video, I haven't had a chance to try it yet but cine mode sounds promising. Were you using AF mode during this? Not sure if its the distance to the subject or not but the right edge of your frame looks a little soft.

Hey sir,

Thanks for your comments

Yes the dreaded right side (try not to look)

I also have noticed and fear that I have the camera problem floating around.
I have more examples and looks very washed out in some footage I have captured.

I was using tap focus throughout the video, along with auto.

I am not sure if I should wait until stock levels sort out before I send it back, It took a long time to land in Australia and I'm sending logs for the beta so do not want to be out of the sky.
2016-12-18
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Perhaps one of the mods could take a look at the footage and let me know if they think it needs to be sent in.

Thanks so much
2016-12-18
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

nice vid...
2016-12-18
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-19 08:12
nice vid...

Thanks heavy sledz,
5hrs practice in - 1 battery.

Seems my DJI battery order may be held up with DHS Australia, due to arrive today.
2016-12-18
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Has anyone had any hold ups with batteries at customs? I know I saw a few posts regarding DHL MAVIC hold up/scam are they doing this with batteries in Aus also?
2016-12-18
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-MINDY - I know you have a lot on your plate. If you find a second could you take a look at my footage and let me know if you think I should return due to washed out/unsharp right side of footage.
2016-12-19
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Sry for bumping - just hoping a mod may get a chance to take a look (when free)

I know the time differences get in the way over here and my post will get buried

Thank so much
2016-12-19
Use props
RoryM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291106 ft
United Kingdom

Bax Posted at 2016-12-19 03:31
Has anyone had any hold ups with batteries at customs? I know I saw a few posts regarding DHL MAVIC hold up/scam are they doing this with batteries in Aus also?

No hold ups with 2 additional batteries being sent from China to Scotland. Ordered last week and are waiting for me to collect this evening. Ordered from DJI directly.
2016-12-19
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

RoryM Posted at 2016-12-19 21:55
No hold ups with 2 additional batteries being sent from China to Scotland. Ordered last week and are waiting for me to collect this evening. Ordered from DJI directly.

Thanks Rory, my order is also coming from DJI direct, was due today but was on hold in HONG KONG last I could see, I just logged in and couldn't get eta now but I can see it has left KONG.

2016-12-19
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could someone describe EXACTLY what Cinema mode does? I know it's meant for smoother shots, but in technical terms of controls, handling and gimbal movement, what does it do?
2016-12-19
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

I don't see any resolution difference between the left and right side. Both look fine to me. Particularly on the advertising boards.  I'd be more concerned about the weird aspect ratio.
2016-12-19
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-12-20 02:07
I don't see any resolution difference between the left and right side. Both look fine to me. Particularly on the advertising boards.  I'd be more concerned about the weird aspect ratio.

Please can you elaborate on aspect ratio, did I do something wrong

Still learning my editing, thanks so much appreciate any help.
I captured some more footage at sunrise today, I will check the camera right side on playback.

Glad to hear you think it looks okay, thanks
2016-12-20
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It's 1440x720 which is an odd resolution. In theory the aspect ratio is 2:1 which is fine, but when I watch on youtube I'm getting black bars left and right as well as top and bottom. It just doesn't fill the screen either horizontally or vertically. Must have been an output setting in whatever you used to export it.

2016-12-20
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-12-20 23:06
It's 1440x720 which is an odd resolution. In theory the aspect ratio is 2:1 which is fine, but when I watch on youtube I'm getting black bars left and right as well as top and bottom. It just doesn't fill the screen either horizontally or vertically. Must have been an output setting in whatever you used to export it.

Thanks Mike, I am using Final Cut, I will check my export settings I am sure it was just default settings

Thank you
2016-12-20
Use props
HangTime81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29032 ft
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-12-20 07:06

Playing it back on YouTube and looking at 'stats for nerds', I'm seeing 2048x1024. No pillars here.
2016-12-20
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Mir Posted at 2016-12-19 17:22
Could someone describe EXACTLY what Cinema mode does? I know it's meant for smoother shots, but in technical terms of controls, handling and gimbal movement, what does it do?

I'd like to know this too .. havn't came across the setting if i'm honest but the weather here is pretty crap at the moment.
2016-12-20
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is what I'm seeing on my 13" MBP, and similar on my 1080p monitor.

See how the video is just a rectangle in the middle of the screen. Only happens on this particular video.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules