Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fat Shark FPV Goggles
3587 9 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans03e5abe4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1440 ft
United States

I am very interested in trying out FPV goggles for my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and it looks like the Fat Shark brand is the way to go.  BUT.....which ones will work with my drone?  What all do I need to get with the Fat Shark goggles in order for me to use them with my drone??  Can anyone on here steer me in the right direction with a list of what I need to get??

Thanks in advance!!
2016-12-18
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Your drone RC need to install HDMI Module then only can use for the goggles.

DJI HDMI MODULE

rBVaG1XwDByAT_DsAAF-D3_662c672.jpg
2016-12-18
Use props
fans03e5abe4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1440 ft
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-18 20:37
Your drone RC need to install HDMI Module then only can use for the goggles.

DJI HDMI MODULE

So  I only need to get the DJI HDMI Module?  Then I can use the Fat Shark FPV goggles?
2016-12-18
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

fans03e5abe4 Posted at 2016-12-19 12:13
So  I only need to get the DJI HDMI Module?  Then I can use the Fat Shark FPV goggles?

If your Fat Shark FPV goggles have HDMI in then yes.

2016-12-18
Use props
FlybyKnight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111460 ft
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-19 12:24
If your Fat Shark FPV goggles have HDMI in then yes.

HDMI Module Installation

Looks like a challenge even for somebody who has done it about a million times.
2016-12-25
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

FlybyKnight Posted at 2016-12-26 14:11
Looks like a challenge even for somebody who has done it about a million times.

No mate its actually quite easy. Im 56 years old half blind like a bat and get the shakes like an old alchoholic but I managed to put one on my RC.......just take your time and remember to breathe !!! Personally for myself because my eyesight is not as sharp as a younger person I use the Headplay Goggles with the RHO lens!!
                        Cheers mate !!
2016-12-25
Use props
FlybyKnight
lvl.1
United States

In another post Nelson said the HDMI was causing problems and advised to take it off. Was that before or after this post. I wonder if he got worked out maybe  he would be so kind to respond before money is on the table   I know he  knows a thing or two so, I respect what he has to say
2017-1-1
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

FlybyKnight Posted at 2017-1-1 19:58
In another post Nelson said the HDMI was causing problems and advised to take it off. Was that before or after this post. I wonder if he got worked out maybe  he would be so kind to respond before money is on the table   I know he  knows a thing or two so, I respect what he has to say

Dont know where NelsonLee is but I have had the HDMI module on my Advanced RC for just on 12 months.....never had a problem with it and only used my HeadPlay goggles with it today!! Only thing i do with it is put a bit of clear tape over it when not using it to keep the dust out.

Cheers mate !
2017-1-1
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

fans03e5abe4 Posted at 2016-12-18 20:13

You need the Fat Shark V3's with an HDMI In..

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ... 766&Q=&O=&A=details

Order one of these too.... the goggles dont come with a charger
http://www.drone-world.com/fat-s ... 3fPVxtFAaAlsk8P8HAQ

2017-1-1
Use props
FlybyKnight
lvl.1
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-12-25 20:58
No mate its actually quite easy. Im 56 years old half blind like a bat and get the shakes like an old alchoholic but I managed to put one on my RC.......just take your time and remember to breathe !!! Personally for myself because my eyesight is not as sharp as a younger person I use the Headplay Goggles with the RHO lens!!
                        Cheers mate !!

My eyesight is great but my arms are to short. They use to be just right now the are 8" to short.  That happens to us old guys.  Have a great day or night what ever it is there.  Keep looking up.
FlybyKight
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules