Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mode changed to 39
899 2 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
appfruits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52674 ft
Germany

Hi,

I am just learning flying DJI drones. Today I did a flight with my Mavic and noticed that it sometimes drifted around a bit. Mostly after raising or lowering the aircraft with full speed. I hovered the Mavic a few feet away and above and pointed the gimbal towards me. Then I just gave full throttle and back to have a nice "back hyperzoom clip" and I did the same in the opposite direction. Whenever I stopped the Mavic did drift for a few seconds. After some stick input it hovered steady in place.

There has not been any wind and it also drifted a 20 feet above the ground so I don't think it's been high winds. I am not allowed to go higher than 90 feet where I live, so it has not been "jet stream" like winds, too.

I did not notice that before, but this time I flew a bit more aggressivly than before. I uploaded my flight to Healthydrones and noticed that sometimes GPS signal has been weak. It's strange as this is a very open place (biggest park in Hamburg, Germany) with no buildings and only a few trees around. I have been flying there most of the time as there are only very few people in winter and it's wide and open.

These notifications made me curious? What do they mean? What is 39, GPS_Atti and Joystick? I know that ATTI mode is "pure" flying that could explain the drift, but why is it called GPS_Atti and what is 39 and Joystick?

P11m 14s30.8 ft221 ftModeMode changed to 39
Q12m 18s57.1 ft215 ftModeMode changed to GPS_Atti
R12m 23s57.1 ft216 ftModeMode changed to Joystick

Thanks for any explanation? Perhaps it's normal that the Mavic has to stabilize itself after going a bit faster?
This is the flight: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=QlajIi

Cheers,
Phillip

2016-12-19
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

Hey from my understanding it should be a DJI intelligent flight mode. since Healthydrone doesn't have that in its database, it probabbly just left it as mode ##. i know mode 38 will is tri-pod mode
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Phillip, could you please clarify your current firmware version?
I'm not familiar with Healthydrones.
Have you tried to do a IMU calibration and compass calibration?
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules