Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Direct delay until march :(
12Next >
4096 79 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siriusdave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 896818 ft
United Kingdom

Just got a new message form drone direct

"We do apologies they has been a further delay with delivery for your order, they have advised the estimated delivery is March."

What is the new delay ??? and march! FFS been waiting since 4th oct 2016 and they stated del 16th dec 2016 and I get a new email on that day saying march.

Thinking about cancelling now very cheesed off about it all now.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no new delay, if you search this thread and other social media, customers are receiving their orders daily.I'm not sure what the delay is with your dealer.
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 16:39
There is no new delay, if you search this thread and other social media, customers are receiving their orders daily.I'm not sure what the delay is with your dealer.

don't try and brush it off as just being this dealer Ken, very few of the UK distributors are receiving anything! The distributor that my dealer uses is supposedly the biggest in EU and received the DEMO drone and none of his order of 400. Its an absolute disgrace. Especially when you see so many of the orders placed after our orders going out every day. In fact there are people who are receiving 2nd and 3rd orders placed after they have already purchased a first time! There is no logic in the system and its stacked in unfair favour of people ordering direct from DJI. There doesn't appear to be a clear plan to get out of this madness. Please don't sweep it under the carpet as being just this dealer because it is actually affecting pretty much all UK and Ireland dealers! I have now cancelled my order as of this afternoon.
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

On another note, my local dealer wrote this, I quote "I am sorry. Mavics have me seriously stressed"

Its not fair on the local dealers to bare the brunt of it just because DJI cannot keep up. What incentive is there for local dealers to even keep stocking your products or promoting them?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-19 10:06
don't try and brush it off as just being this dealer Ken, very few of the UK distributors are receiving anything! The distributor that my dealer uses is supposedly the biggest in EU and received the DEMO drone and none of his order of 400. Its an absolute disgrace. Especially when you see so many of the orders placed after our orders going out every day. In fact there are people who are receiving 2nd and 3rd orders placed after they have already purchased a first time! There is no logic in the system and its stacked in unfair favour of people ordering direct from DJI. There doesn't appear to be a clear plan to get out of this madness. Please don't sweep it under the carpet as being just this dealer because it is actually affecting pretty much all UK and Ireland dealers! I have now cancelled my order as of this afternoon.

I've also found dealers selling Mavics on Ebay for 2-3 times the value. I don't know if they are taking peoples pre-orders and doing this or they never had a pre-order from the start.
I'm not saying your dealer is doing this, there are some dealers out there doing it and it's been reported.

I really with I knew the numbers that were currently shipped to each country but I don't
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.3

United Kingdom

i still don't have any messages from drones direct i placed an order with them on the 9th of october!
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.3

United Kingdom

What makes me laugh about Drones Direct is this "As the UKs largest official DJI partner" ye right! Jessops the camera shop have delivered more than a drone seller!
2016-12-19
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 11:14
I've also found dealers selling Mavics on Ebay for 2-3 times the value. I don't know if they are taking peoples pre-orders and doing this or they never had a pre-order from the start.
I'm not saying your dealer is doing this, there are some dealers out there doing it and it's been reported.

You can bet that a large amount of dealers are doing this. I can understand regular customers buying them and flipping for a profit, that is completely legit. But a dealer receives them at a discount, to make their profit from the full retail price. Taking pre-orders and then privately selling their stock at a premium while others wait is just disgusting.
2016-12-19
Use props
Ely324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

Dealers found selling them on ebay should lose their DJI account.
2016-12-19
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-20 02:16

I agree.....we can't control what an individual does but authorized retailers should have some sort of contractual agreement with DJI regarding pricing and to knowingly take an individuals pre-order and resell it out from under them for a profit is not only unethical...I assume it is also illegal since they took your money.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sgt_Throatpunch Posted at 2016-12-19 10:48
You can bet that a large amount of dealers are doing this. I can understand regular customers buying them and flipping for a profit, that is completely legit. But a dealer receives them at a discount, to make their profit from the full retail price. Taking pre-orders and then privately selling their stock at a premium while others wait is just disgusting.

I totally agree and I've been reporting them
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-19 11:16

I'm sure they will be dealt with.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-19 11:22
I agree.....we can't control what an individual does but authorized retailers should have some sort of contractual agreement with DJI regarding pricing and to knowingly take an individuals pre-order and resell it out from under them for a profit is not only unethical...I assume it is also illegal since they took your money.

I don't think there's anything illegal about it as they can say they have incoming route for pre-orders and another for their own stock to sell off the shelf.
But, I'm sure dealers doing this will have repercussions.
2016-12-19
Use props
OleDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326001 ft

Switzerland

same here in Switzerland, one of the biggest electronic shops say that it is delayed for sine die....
But intresting is they reduced the price by 20% to hold customers!!!!

So instead of paying a  lot.... pre cash better wait either the prices will drop again if not delivered or million of Mavics will be availalble in some months.

aaa.jpg
2016-12-19
Use props
Olly12

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 18:50
I don't think there's anything illegal about it as they can say they have incoming route for pre-orders and another for their own stock to sell off the shelf.
But, I'm sure dealers doing this will have repercussions.

What is annoying is, dealers have been waiting patiently for their deliveries and DJI openly sold them direct to people on their stand at the Drone Show - it just goes to show what DJI think of its loyal customer base in the UK! I messaged a guy selling one on EBay today and made him an offer around the retail pice and this was his answer - "Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately it will only go for the current daft Christmas money......" WAKE UP DJI before you lose your customer base - you may be flavour of the month but soon another company might just topple you!!!
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-19 11:58
What is annoying is, dealers have been waiting patiently for their deliveries and DJI openly sold them direct to people on their stand at the Drone Show - it just goes to show what DJI think of its loyal customer base in the UK! I messaged a guy selling one on EBay today and made him an offer around the retail pice and this was his answer - "Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately it will only go for the current daft Christmas money......" WAKE UP DJI before you lose your customer base - you may be flavour of the month but soon another company might just topple you!!!

I'm sorry your Mavic has not shipped yet. DJI is in full production and orders are shipping daily.
2016-12-19
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 19:16
I'm sorry your Mavic has not shipped yet. DJI is in full production and orders are shipping daily.

But how many a day ? and how many to the uk ?

orders are shipping daily you could say that if it was only 1 a day ... we need numbers

Point less waiting until march when it stats 4-6 week on the dji siteif i order today

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Siriusdave Posted at 2016-12-19 12:47
But how many a day ? and how many to the uk ?

orders are shipping daily you could say that if it was only 1 a day ... we need numbers

I'm sorry, there are no numbers to give.
2016-12-19
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Totally agree here, DJI are fobbing off companies in the UK!!!, it's all put nicely under the carpet though isn't it!!!. The truth of the matter is DJI DJI can not make them quick enough as it's a new product and they are just sending the small orders out to keep some of their name! Haha clowns. I'll never be using a dealer again!. Direct from now on.
2016-12-19
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Order direct from DJI, they are quoting 4-6 weeks.....
2016-12-19
Use props
Olly12

United Kingdom

BayArea99 Posted at 2016-12-20 00:22
Order direct from DJI, they are quoting 4-6 weeks.....

Yes, but if you ring Customer Services at DJI, they will tell you delivery is not guaranteed - total c**k up by DJI. I paid for mine in October so my dealer will have had my money for 5 months without fulfilling my order - it stinks!!!
2016-12-20
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-20 09:44
Yes, but if you ring Customer Services at DJI, they will tell you delivery is not guaranteed - total c**k up by DJI. I paid for mine in October so my dealer will have had my money for 5 months without fulfilling my order - it stinks!!!

yet hey, according to DJI reps on this very board its probably because the dealer is a crook.
2016-12-20
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 17:14

you're just trying to hide the issue behind this absurd idea that dealers are crooks. I have to say its a shocking thing for a DJI employee to write on an official DJI forum. You know very well that dealers are the ones out there on the frontline promoting DJI products, and this is how you treat them? Shocking Ken!

If I, or one of my employees spoke about one of our dealer network in a public way like that, it would cause war (not literally, but it would be very uncomfortable for several employees)
2016-12-20
Use props
gibbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Ill probably get shot for this comment, but.... some of the comments above are just plain stupid and disrespectful.

I agree with many things said here, so im not trying to disagree totally.   HOWEVER....  when I buy direct from a manufacturer... I expect to be served quicker than going through a retailer... FACT.     DJI serving direct customers first is not  'stacking an unfair advantage to people that ordered direct from DJI'.   

Because of the popularity, its clear DJI cant keep up...   but they cant win...  If they send all their orders to dealers... direct customers lose out.... and vice versa.   Direct customers should have preferential ship times, but im not condoning that waiting 5 months through a dealer is INSANE!
2016-12-20
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes direct customers should be first .... but what is cheesing me off is I have seen many people not just here posting they picked them up in apple store in the us off the shelf .. they should never make it to shelf until all pre orders are for filled ... also drone direct gave me a delivery date of the 16th Dec 2016 I had two other dates before this so DJI are not talking to the dealers and giving them realistic dates ...

If they just come out and said we will not be fulfilling your order until march instead of giving me one date then changing it to another date when it comes around I could of cancelled it and ordered from dji and would of got it by now. as it is my order page just saying Awaiting Stock We are still waiting for stock to complete your order. so they still don't know! DJI just phone your dealers and give they realistic dates what ever they are so they can tell there customers....

This is only my second drone and it has been a very poor show !!!
2016-12-20
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys see my other thread. Maplin have them in stock right now. Hope that helps someone.
2016-12-20
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.3
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 17:39

Stop, wait! I have been patently waiting but now I get a little frustrated.

This is not a delay with our dealers! Apple in Sweden now state that you can't buy this drone, it's not even possible to pre order.

You need to give us specific numbers on how many that is sent to each country before you start implying that it's something wrong with our dealers. Apple are they also stealing them and selling on Ebay because non has gotten anyone from Apple in Sweden? How many Mavics has been delivered to Sweden up to this date?

You do a great job here on the forum but statements like this and further down this tread is not acceptable without having hard facts to back it up.
2016-12-20
Use props
gibbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Siriusdave Posted at 2016-12-20 11:56
Yes direct customers should be first .... but what is cheesing me off is I have seen many people not just here posting they picked them up in apple store in the us off the shelf .. they should never make it to shelf until all pre orders are for filled ... also drone direct gave me a delivery date of the 16th Dec 2016 I had two other dates before this so DJI are not talking to the dealers and giving them realistic dates ...

If they just come out and said we will not be fulfilling your order until march instead of giving me one date then changing it to another date when it comes around I could of cancelled it and ordered from dji and would of got it by now. as it is my order page just saying Awaiting Stock We are still waiting for stock to complete your order. so they still don't know! DJI just phone your dealers and give they realistic dates what ever they are so they can tell there customers....

I agree with what you say here, and I do feel for you guys.  I still don't have mine, so Im not in the owners club quite yet.   

I have to suspect that there is poor performance on both parts here though.  DJI not keeping dealers informed, and dealers not wanting to lose customers so giving dates that aren't necessarily too realistic.   I am only speculating.

Certainly I do agree though, the number of pre-orders from dealers must be quite a lot. I am gobsmacked that any dealer can have these 'On the shelf'.
2016-12-20
Use props
Olly12

United Kingdom

gibbd Posted at 2016-12-20 12:22
I agree with what you say here, and I do feel for you guys.  I still don't have mine, so Im not in the owners club quite yet.   

I have to suspect that there is poor performance on both parts here though.  DJI not keeping dealers informed, and dealers not wanting to lose customers so giving dates that aren't necessarily too realistic.   I am only speculating.

I used to be a Dealer for a certain electrical item in the 80's, you could not buy it direct from the manufacturer and had to use a distributor. The company valued the dealer network and to this day, that company still will only sell through the dealer network and have been extremely successful. No doubt the next few years will see more Drone manufacturers entering the market and it will be interesting to see how many of their DJI Dealers jump ship in the future. I feel like cancelling my order and waiting until someone like Yuneec bring out a small drone with a decent gimbal and range. At least you can get some sense out of Yuneec when you ring them!!
2016-12-20
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

gibbd Posted at 2016-12-20 02:36
Ill probably get shot for this comment, but.... some of the comments above are just plain stupid and disrespectful.

I agree with many things said here, so im not trying to disagree totally.   HOWEVER....  when I buy direct from a manufacturer... I expect to be served quicker than going through a retailer... FACT.     DJI serving direct customers first is not  'stacking an unfair advantage to people that ordered direct from DJI'.   

DJI could care less!!!... they don't have the 'where with all" or the stamina to stop resellers from doing whatever they want...Why would they? From the perspective of DJI, they are probly thinking, "that's what you get for not ordering directly from us here in China. You decided to order from a 3rd party reseller so you'll have to live with when they decide to finally send you your order, not DJIs problem"

I guarentee every reseller who gets "reported" will have nothing happen to them...no reason to mess with people who give you $$$
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wille_W Posted at 2016-12-20 05:18
Stop, wait! I have been patently waiting but now I get a little frustrated.

This is not a delay with our dealers! Apple in Sweden now state that you can't buy this drone, it's not even possible to pre order.

I'm sorry but that information is not publically available. If it were, I would have given specifics.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gibbd Posted at 2016-12-20 03:36

Direct customers were first to start receiving shipments. And dealers who've ordered several thousand units are receiving them (some weekly) in small quantities.
If a particular dealer is telling a customer they have not received any units yet them that is something they have to work with their DJI representative.
2016-12-20
Use props
Olly12

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 15:08
I'm sorry but that information is not publically available. If it were, I would have given specifics.

Surely, DJI-Ken, you have an obligation or a contract to supply your dealers. I had minimum order contracts with most of my suppliers when I was in business. It is criminal to see that you have not supplied the UK's biggest DJI Supplier with any Mavic Pro's from their initial order. I ordered mine in October and was told mine was one of the first 250 that would be shipped to them on 16th November - now to be told they won't be arriving until March when you are clearly selling them elsewhere is criminal - your company does not deserve customer loyalty!
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-20 08:37
Surely, DJI-Ken, you have an obligation or a contract to supply your dealers. I had minimum order contracts with most of my suppliers when I was in business. It is criminal to see that you have not supplied the UK's biggest DJI Supplier with any Mavic Pro's from their initial order. I ordered mine in October and was told mine was one of the first 250 that would be shipped to them on 16th November - now to be told they won't be arriving until March when you are clearly selling them elsewhere is criminal - your company does not deserve customer loyalty!

Honestly, I do not know why a dealer would not get any shipments until March. If that is indeed is the case then I'm sorry and don't understand why.
Or does it mean they are getting weekly shipments but only very limited quantity and if you are number 250 then they are estimating March to be your delivery date based on the quantity they receive each week.Didn't an earlier post say that Maplin has them in stock.
2016-12-20
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

Being from the UK and now living in the States I think the UK has historically been treated very poorly as a market.  Look at what we used to pay for cars vs. others - it's better, but nowhere near perfect.

The US is a lower-margin play, but wins on volume over anywhere else, so strategically it tends to be treated very well by manufacturers.  It's not a DJI thing, per-se.

I will say that profiteering can most easily be stopped by greater supply, vs. having to police every retailer in the world; but in absence of the former the latter becomes essential if the end customers are to be treated fairly.
2016-12-20
Use props
Revs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like they sold more then their allocation. Doesn't surprise me, Drones Direct are crap. When I asked them how many they had coming they said 120 and they'd already sold more than that, and that was in early Oct!
2016-12-20
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 15:47
Honestly, I do not know why a dealer would not get any shipments until March. If that is indeed is the case then I'm sorry and don't understand why.
Or does it mean they are getting weekly shipments but only very limited quantity and if you are number 250 then they are estimating March to be your delivery date based on the quantity they receive each week.Didn't an earlier post say that Maplin has them in stock.

a couple of completely different distributors that I've heard from are saying that "DJI" have told them March. One submitted an order for 400 in the first few days of October. Its now almost December over and they've only received a demo drone.

Basically DJI have taken the decision to ignore their dealer channels to a large extent and concentrate on direct orders. At what point do they stick up the traffic lights to red for the direct orders and work on getting the dealer orders completely fulfilled from the early days?

In the meantime the direct orders keep coming in, and DJI keep fulfilling those. Even when its now in quite a few cases, repeat customers who have already got their first drone.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-20 09:52
a couple of completely different distributors that I've heard from are saying that "DJI" have told them March. One submitted an order for 400 in the first few days of October. Its now almost December over and they've only received a demo drone.

Basically DJI have taken the decision to ignore their dealer channels to a large extent and concentrate on direct orders. At what point do they stick up the traffic lights to red for the direct orders and work on getting the dealer orders completely fulfilled from the early days?

I agree, for a dealer that has ordered 400 (although it's a small order) has not received a single Mavic to sell doesn't sounds right, but again they have to talk to their DJI rep to see what's going on.
And I'm sure they have already, it's unfortunate.
2016-12-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Pure speculation, but if a given dealer initially ordered a large number of drones and was receiving some fraction of that a week, it could be several months before that initial order was completed, like, say, March.
2016-12-20
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-21 02:16
It certainly doesn't sound like good business practice when you have your loyal distributors ordering in the 100's and DJI are selling them individually direct - sounds like commercial suicide - roll on the day a new player enters the market and kicks DJI where it hurts - in their pocket. Sorry Ken but your company stinks!

Hehehe commercial suicide ..... I think they will be fine .. Your talking about a billion dollar company. I really don't think they need your advice. How much is your company worth ?

Do you think distributors only ordered enough units to fulfill their pre orders ? What would happen to their excess stock ? They would be sold as stock or put on shelves ... the exact same thing people are complaining about in this thread regarding apple.

If you ordered from a re seller you are not a dji customer so complain to who ever you ordered from....

Its been proven multiple distributors have been selling their units instead of fulfilling their pre orders... maybe your distributor is doing this ??? Of course not! because you know for a fact they haven't received any mavics from dji... gee i wonder what distributors who are dishonestly selling their units instead of fulfilling pre orders are telling their customers ?  

Maybe .... your distributor only pre ordered a small number of units and reordered after receiving alot more orders than they expected ?

Maybe "bob" in the pre order department forgot to put the order in and only realized a month later.

Maybe....your distributor is really an alien from the planet "ZORG" and is beaming all the mavics he receives up to his spaceship "GARRY" because his 10 000 squid children currently aboard "GARRY" are expecting something great for Christmas (known as "FLAGABURT" by "ZORGIANS")

Seriously the possible scenarios are endless .... its impossible to know if your distributor is being honest or not .... That's why its futile to complain to DJI they have no control over your situation.

Really no one on here gives a flying f about how dji allocate their units all they care about is their personal order and will spew out what ever trash they can in hopes their special little order will arrive quicker.

What if apple were first to pre order and they ordered 1 000 000 units ? you would be happy dji sorted their complete order first ? they have to look after their loyal distributors first right ? oh right that only applies when we are talking about your personal order.
2016-12-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules