Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile - Battery Failure / Not charging
1520 3 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Soruco
lvl.1

Brazil

I bought my DJI Osmo Mobile on October 5 th and I have had issues with the battery since my first charge. It always stops charging in the middle due to overheating (so I had to wait some minutes to start charging again). After a while, the battery would not charge with the 5W and 1A charger (iPhone charger). After that, I was only able to charge with 2.1A and 10W (iPad charger) but it also kept overheating. Now I am not even able to charge the Osmo Mobile with the "stronger" charger and the battery seems completely dead.

The other issue I noticed was that I need to hold the iPhone on the "correct" position for the Osmo Mobile initialize correctly, otherwise it stays in the sleeping mode. In the first usages I did not need to hold the iPhone for the Osmo to start.

What can I do or what can DJI do to me?

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Your battery is defective according to your description. Please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.  I'm not sure about what you mean put the phone in the "correct" position. You need to put it on the Osmo mobile holder first and then start the gimbal.
2016-12-19
Use props
Ricardo Soruco
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-19 18:58
Your battery is defective according to your description. Please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.  I'm not sure about what you mean put the phone in the "correct" position. You need to put it on the Osmo mobile holder first and then start the gimbal.

I am trying to start the Online Repair Request for the last 15 minutes but it seems that the server is not working very well. All the other websites in the internet are working correctly. Is the internal DJI server for repair requests under maintenance?
2017-1-5
Use props
Ricardo Soruco
lvl.1

Brazil

Ricardo Soruco Posted at 2017-1-5 05:38
I am trying to start the Online Repair Request for the last 15 minutes but it seems that the server is not working very well. All the other websites in the internet are working correctly. Is the internal DJI server for repair requests under maintenance?

Update: I was able to start the request. I have doubts about the product body SN. It is located on a different place when compared to the picture of a "normal" Osmo (not the Osmo Mobile). And it has two different lines with numbers. Which of them should be the Product Body SN?
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules