Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft drop out of the sky from 26 feet !!!
1908 15 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Just purschased a New X5R Camera today , Loaded new Firmware 1.10.

Made Four  flight flights to review the test footage,   took off later in the day  climbed to 26 feet and message stating motor overload and seconds later.. all four blades stopped turning.

I dont have to tell you the rest!!!

Never had the problem until the software firmware update.
2016-12-19
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
But why post this 3 times?
A single thread will get answers just as fast as many repeat threads.
2016-12-19
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-12-19 20:11
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
But why post this 3 times?
A single thread will get answers just as fast as many repeat threads.

Just wanted DJI inspire Users to use extreme care..   The only real changes were the Firmware updates to the aircraft and Remote control.   I even played back all the proof it wasn't Pilot Error!!!
2016-12-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-19 21:34
Just wanted DJI inspire Users to use extreme care..   The only real changes were the Firmware updates to the aircraft and Remote control.   I even played back all the proof it wasn't Pilot Error!!!

How much battery  was available when you took off the last time ?  Was it a fresh battery ?  was the weather cold etc ?
Just wondering if you took off with a low battery , the load from the X5Raw  sucked  a ton of energy from the Batteries and if it was cold outside them batteries can drop very fast .

Sorry for the crash , that sucks .
**** I have seen this before unfortunatly.  I NEVER take off unless make pack is at least 90% MINIMUM.  I am not saying it is right , but I have seen to many craashes from flights with less than full charged packs .  I dont understand why the drop in voltage so quickly but they do , I dont pretend to understand it , I only know what to do to avoid a crash.

Be sure to own  at least 4 T 48 packs , I own 8 and I have the Hub charge system , this way I always have a full pack on hand .  

donnie

2016-12-20
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-20 15:10
How much battery  was available when you took off the last time ?  Was it a fresh battery ?  was the weather cold etc ?
Just wondering if you took off with a low battery , the load from the X5Raw  sucked  a ton of energy from the Batteries and if it was cold outside them batteries can drop very fast .

Donnie ,

Batteries were charged freshly prior to this flight at the time according to the data log's 91% power on a TB48 and weather was about 80's F in south Florida behind my house.

started the day by upgrading the firmware to 10.10.4 and the Rc from 1.6. all seems normal in the first four flights except I needed all settings  needed to re-saved after every flight.

Installed new X5R purchased last week and be very excited to film with this new Camera.

took off with a max up throttle of 49% up to 28 feet not 26 feet that I wrote earlier and slight right stick correction and then this Message of motor overload !! shut down four motors second's later.

The rest is history... Major Damage to one side of the drone and broken gimbal on the X5R.

I watch the flight log maybe 10 times... No CSC!!!!!

2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-20 18:20
Donnie ,

Batteries were charged freshly prior to this flight at the time according to the data log's 91% power on a TB48 and weather was about 80's F in south Florida behind my house.

This should be warranty , so sorry to hear of this .

In the future , do like I do and wait for the update to be out for a little while before updating , I would swear DJI makes changes to the Downloads after they see what forum members are experiencing .....Not cool but I just think they make adjustments after the fact .

Let me  know how this goes for you

*****Be sure to fire up in this order 1- RC  2- AC  3- go app  ( Go appdevice can be on but dont open the go app )

Power down this way    1- AC   2 --RC  3- go app.
This should retain the settings if you do it this way .

Merry Christmas

Donnie
2016-12-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-21 08:50
This should be warranty , so sorry to hear of this .

In the future , do like I do and wait for the update to be out for a little while before updating , I would swear DJI makes changes to the Downloads after they see what forum members are experiencing .....Not cool but I just think they make adjustments after the fact .

Donnie,

Thats The correct order which I power up and down,  I sure hope the warranty  covers the damage !!

How long is  warranty period ?  As I the drone sat in my Garage !! because I was hiding it from my wife, LOL

Purchased towards the End of September when the prices were dropping down.

Is there a way to send you the flight Log?  

I am thinking at least $1000.00 damage

I was so excited to get the X5R and try it out!!!  got a great deal on it

Sold the X5 on Ebay yesterday to offset the lost.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-22 02:47
Donnie,

Thats The correct order which I power up and down,  I sure hope the warranty  covers the damage !!

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you got the aircraft this September, right? If so, then most of the components are still within their warranty period. You can take a look at the chart below:

http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2016-12-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 18:44
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you got the aircraft this September, right? If so, then most of the components are still within their warranty period. You can take a look at the chart below:

http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Yes, That is correct for the Aircraft and the X5R Camera this week
2016-12-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-21 19:52

Yes, to be correct "First Flight On Sept 4 2016, according to the logs.

Came with a bad battery which was covered up warranty by DJI

DJI replaced the TB47 maybe 3 weeks later!!!
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-22 08:52

Thank you for clarifying. So it seems everything is within range, you would just need to see what the repair technicians' evaluation for the cause of the incident.
2016-12-22
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Trying uplaod  Movie

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Normally the easiest way is uploading to YouTube or Dropbox and posting the link here, if that's what you're trying to do.
2016-12-22
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-20 17:20
Donnie ,

Sorry about your crash. My 2 cents. I always throttle up slowly and only enough to get to a hover 10 or so feet. Then check every control move to ensure all is fine before going up. I guess I am saying I'm always expecting a problem....
2016-12-22
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-12-22 20:20
Sorry about your crash. My 2 cents. I always throttle up slowly and only enough to get to a hover 10 or so feet. Then check every control move to ensure all is fine before going up. I guess I am saying I'm always expecting a problem....

Licensed Pilot,

As a Professional License Pilot and Spent many flying years with RC Planes and Helicopters both Electric and Fuel.

Yes the Throtlle was increased slowly up too 49% and not gunned ,  as I stated I had four flight prior in testing My New Installed X5R Camera.     I will try to post my Flight Data if I get a chance to Post it.  

From all my reading in the last few days online trying to figure out what happen here,  My belief I am not the only one with such a problem and suggest the reason why the Inspire 2 has two batteries .

Could any one of this forum explain the smart battery shutdown "Spec's"

One thing for sure I have a lot of money Invested in the Thousands in this Inspire 1 , Never had any problems with my phantoms drones.
2016-12-23
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-23 09:36
Licensed Pilot,

As a Professional License Pilot and Spent many flying years with RC Planes and Helicopters both Electric and Fuel.

Trying to Post a Link for what happen to my drone,   Just glad no personal injury to anyone and no resulting  property damage !!
Hopfully this footage with help others.

As you can see by the stick movements show no "CSC's" Maybe a full  shut down maybe 3 seconds after?  

New firmware Issue ?

Inspire 1 Crash footage

2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules