"Gimble Overloaded" and strange footage
1156 14 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCrimsonAmish
lvl.1

United States

I decided to take my mavic out today to get some footage of the snow here in Pennsylvania. I have not flown the drone for a couple weeks. I updated to the latest firmware when it came out and I put the drone back in its box. I took the drone out today and at the beginning, everything seemed great. I started out by taking it up to 390ish feet and doing a 360 pan. After the 360 pan, I started flying away from myself. Thats when the footage got a little funny. I will try to post a clip from the video I shot. At one point during the wavy footage, I got a gimble overload warning. I have flown my Mavic a LOT and never had any problems like this. I am hoping someone has had this problem before or maybe DJI can help me.
2016-12-19
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Have you updated to the recent firmware that came out last week? I've gotten the Gimble Overloaded warnings a few times during flight, generally in high winds.
2016-12-19
Use props
TheCrimsonAmish
lvl.1

United States

I do have the most recent firmware. It was not windy out, it was just a little cold.
2016-12-19
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Your Mavic got cold. Its shivering
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheCrimsonAmish Posted at 2016-12-20 10:51
I do have the most recent firmware. It was not windy out, it was just a little cold.https://youtu.be/-aqPeWsSoqc

Could you please clarify what kind of temperature were you flying in? 
Besides, could you please follow the video tutorial to double check your gimbal?
2016-12-20
Use props
TheCrimsonAmish
lvl.1

United States

The temperature was between 20 and 25 degrees fehrenheit. I have flown in this range of temperature before. I let the Mavic get warm before I take it outside. I will check the gimbal when I get off work, but I am 99 percent sure it is properly in place. When I took off with the drone, ascended to 400 feet and did a slow 360 pan, it never acted shakey like that.
2016-12-20
Use props
TheCrimsonAmish
lvl.1

United States

During the wavy/shaky video, I got a gimbal overload message. I have never gotten that warning before, even when I push the drone pretty hard.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheCrimsonAmish Posted at 2016-12-20 10:22
During the wavy/shaky video, I got a gimbal overload message. I have never gotten that warning before, even when I push the drone pretty hard.

It's been reported, when you review the footage see if the restoring helped.
2016-12-20
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

As soon as i turned on my Gimbal i got the overload message... no clamps were on.. and i tried countless time to calibrate it.. out of maybe 100 i got one to work fine, but then since then it work fine, but i do get the message a couple times
2016-12-20
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

what is the correct firmware the drone and app suppose to be on? im reading a couple and people had to downgrade and stuff
2016-12-20
Use props
TheCrimsonAmish
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 02:04
It's been reported, when you review the footage see if the restoring helped.

I am sorry DJI-Ken, I dont understand what you mean. What has been reported and what restoring? It has been a long day, my brain is not happy right now.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TheCrimsonAmish Posted at 2016-12-20 16:22
I am sorry DJI-Ken, I dont understand what you mean. What has been reported and what restoring? It has been a long day, my brain is not happy right now.

I'm sorry, they are working on cold weather operations regarding the gimbal.
2016-12-20
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

TheCrimsonAmish Posted at 2016-12-20 13:22

Since the latest firmware i had the same problem i would downgrade see if it changes anything.
2016-12-20
Use props
TheCrimsonAmish
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 07:34
I'm sorry, they are working on cold weather operations regarding the gimbal.

Oh, okay. Thank you for clearing that up. So what I experienced is an already documented issue and doing a downgrade of the firmware may fix the problem?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TheCrimsonAmish Posted at 2016-12-20 16:48
Oh, okay. Thank you for clearing that up. So what I experienced is an already documented issue and doing a downgrade of the firmware may fix the problem?

I don't know about downgrading firmware. But if it helped then great.
It's only being experienced in cold weather operations.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules