Aircraft Motor Overload
4738 24 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frosto
New

Australia

Flew the Mavic yesterday for work, two weeks since last flight and was in the air for ten minutes when the gimble went crazy. Further to that the camera and gimble when on the ground continually slam back and forth on the limits uncontrolled.
I have read many of the threads with similar statements and have followed there lead with no success. Gimbal clamp is definitely removed has been for last 4 weeks, updated firmware, IMU reset, etc still no good. On the controller it notes gimbal is restarting, flicks on for 2 seconds then goes back to that.

Help?  

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Frosto, please double check if you had removed all the stickers on gimbal.
Have you tried to do a gimbal calibration?
2016-12-20
Use props
Frosto
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 16:44
Hello Frosto, please double check if you had removed all the stickers on gimbal.
Have you tried to do a gimbal calibration?

I have tried recalibrating and I will double check all stickers are removed. I have upgraded all firmware and also let the unit sit until completely cool before retrying. I have been flying it now for just on a month without any issues and then this started. The gimbel and mechanism just starts violently moving about and slamming to its movement limits. I will try to attach a photo of the controller screen for you.

Mavic.JPG

Thanks

Frosto
IMG_2217.PNG
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Frosto Posted at 2016-12-21 03:20
I have tried recalibrating and I will double check all stickers are removed. I have upgraded all firmware and also let the unit sit until completely cool before retrying. I have been flying it now for just on a month without any issues and then this started. The gimbel and mechanism just starts violently moving about and slamming to its movement limits. I will try to attach a photo of the controller screen for you.

[view_image]

It's probably a hardware issue.I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-20
Use props
Frosto
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 12:00
It's probably a hardware issue.I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:

Thanks for the help. Have now done that. I have also provided proof of purchase etc, hope its quick.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Frosto Posted at 2016-12-21 17:06
Thanks for the help. Have now done that. I have also provided proof of purchase etc, hope its quick.

Thank you for your cooperation. :-)
2016-12-21
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dji Mindy the same issue just happened to my phantom. Flew only twice. Exactly the same error messages and gimbal goes crazy. And can't even till gimbal on controller. Says gimbal obstructed please contact DJI . Please help
2016-12-21
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 11:55
Thank you for your cooperation. :-)

DJI Please help
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-12-22 00:16
Dji Mindy the same issue just happened to my phantom. Flew only twice. Exactly the same error messages and gimbal goes crazy. And can't even till gimbal on controller. Says gimbal obstructed please contact DJI . Please help

Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have?
Did you crash the aircraft before?
Have you tried to do a IMU calibration then a gimbal calibration? Besides, please check if you had removed the foam on the gimbal.
2016-12-21
Use props
Frosto
New

Australia

Bart,
  I have now been contacted by DJI Support and they arranging pick up of my Mavic, all appears seamless so far but being that new like mine worth the full check over. As DJI Mindy advised, see below, they responded within 24hrs and followed up yesterday, hoping unit is picked up next week in my case. Good luck.

Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
2016-12-21
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dear DJI Mindy its Mavic i am having problem with- my Phantom works perfectly. I have already sent email with all the details to DJi support. Yes all steps :calibrations done, foam & clamp removed. Can i do anything more. Aircraft never been crashed
2016-12-21
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Frosto Posted at 2016-12-22 05:27
Bart,
  I have now been contacted by DJI Support and they arranging pick up of my Mavic, all appears seamless so far but being that new like mine worth the full check over. As DJI Mindy advised, see below, they responded within 24hrs and followed up yesterday, hoping unit is picked up next week in my case. Good luck.

Thanks Frosto,

I am just waiting now for UPS label to come via email and mine will be ready to be shipped. Hopefully its nothing major so it won't take long.
2016-12-22
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 03:32
Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have?
Have you tried to do a IMU calibration then a gimbal calibration? Besides, please check if you had removed the foam on the gimbal.

Dear DJI Mindy,

do you have any idea what may caused motor overload in mavic> why is not respond to any calibration or controller action and acting weird with very bizarre movements?

thank you for your reply.

Bart  
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-12-23 17:25
Dear DJI Mindy,

do you have any idea what may caused motor overload in mavic> why is not respond to any calibration or controller action and acting weird with very bizarre movements?

I'm not sure. It's better to send it in and our engineers will help to evaluate it.
2016-12-24
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-25 02:24
I'm not sure. It's better to send it in and our engineers will help to evaluate it.

Thanks Mindy,

It is getting picked up by UPS on Wednesday -thanks for you assistance.

2016-12-25
Use props
jshear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Bahamas

I have the same issue with my Mavic. It worked up to a few days ago and now the gimbal is acting up and moving in a crazy manner. I cannot calibrate as I have Gimbal Obstructed on my screen and its not. Please help as I want to send it in for repair too.

Thanks

Jeff
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-12-26 01:07
Thanks Mindy,

It is getting picked up by UPS on Wednesday -thanks for you assistance.

You are welcome.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jshear Posted at 2016-12-26 05:37
I have the same issue with my Mavic. It worked up to a few days ago and now the gimbal is acting up and moving in a crazy manner. I cannot calibrate as I have Gimbal Obstructed on my screen and its not. Please help as I want to send it in for repair too.

Thanks

Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
2016-12-26
Use props
jshear
lvl.2
Bahamas

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-26 05:27
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:

No I have never crashed the drone. The gimble started action up and now won't calibrate. I have sent in the email but I have so far got no reply.

Jeff
2016-12-26
Use props
jshear
lvl.2
Bahamas

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-26 05:27
Case illustration:

No I have never crashed the drone. I sent in yesterday the email but got no reply.

Jeff
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jshear Posted at 2016-12-26 21:00
No I have never crashed the drone. I sent in yesterday the email but got no reply.

Jeff

We had created a case for you and had sent shipping label to you.
Please double check your mail box.
2016-12-26
Use props
Sonny Beach
New
United States

I keep getting the same error.  “Gimbal Motor Overload.  Check whether gimbal clamp is removed.”  No collisions, no hard nocks, and not even a minor bump.  It worked yesterday.  And the error message started today when powering on the Magic Pro.  Emails, forum posts, and videos are all over the place for this problem.  DJI must have a handle on the issue by now.  Is this a recall issue?  Software?  Hardware?  I can understand that there would be issues after a hard knock or crash.  But what has been the determination from the DJI tech team on what the issue is when this occurs without damage being done to the Mavic Pro?  I think that DJI needs to share this information.  If this has been done elsewhere, please let me know where I can get the answer.  Thank you.

The attached video is from another magic owner who has the same issue.  Mine is behaving identically.  

https://videoxl.zxcv.website/video/6-W03qs6Oxk/dji-mavic-pro-issues-with-gimbal-aircraft-motor-overloaded/

2017-3-8
Use props
s0zyNa2MrGZT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same here. Was working fine every day since Christmas, now gimbal says motor overloaded and swings back and forth 4 times a power on, hitting the body. No crashes, always looked after.

Gimbal status continually "restarting"

I'll email support as suggested elsewhere...
2017-5-14
Use props
govindliterally
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112484 ft
India

s0zyNa2MrGZT Posted at 2017-5-14 01:54
Same here. Was working fine every day since Christmas, now gimbal says motor overloaded and swings back and forth 4 times a power on, hitting the body. No crashes, always looked after.

Gimbal status continually "restarting"

any updates on this thread ?
my mavic pro is having the exact same problem since two days.
i updated to the latest firmware and the gimbal now says the same error mentioned here
all and any help is appreciated.
2017-5-29
Use props
Philip 83
New
United States

I crashed into a tree while I had drone in follow me mode. Now it says "motor obstructed" and it won't fly now what do I do how can I fix it it doesn't look like anything is obstructed please help I love this baby I need to get it back in the air thank you!
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules