Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HV Power Lines
1026 5 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DKI
New

Australia

Hello, any suggestions about how far away you need to be from HV power lines to fly safely from  an RF interference perspective. There are a lot of open areas around where I live but quite a number of HV lines serving the area. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
2016-12-20
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

are these overhead lines? if so I would suggest you to stay far away from them as not only you could get RF interference, but as well as hitting those lines as you most likely won't see them on your screen
2016-12-20
Use props
Mir
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have some near my house, and flew around them no problem.
2016-12-20
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

I flew under some (Had good LOS), don't forget to put your loss of signal setting to hover so it doesn't fly to the pre-determined altitude and potentially fly right up into the lines. I was taking video of something that was near the lines, if you don't need to go near them.... don't. Oh and I didn't have any issues at all... no warnings about weak signals or anything.... but was well under them. I had a mighty river below and high voltage power lines above..... I have to admit, I was a little nervous lol.. but worked out great!
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It all depends on the kind of line, better to stay clear of them.
2016-12-20
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Have not had a problem flying close to them, but have had low signal when dropping down behind some when the signal path was directly thru the lines at different times.    And as Lildevilx said, depth of field vision can cause you to be right in the middle of them before you realize whats happening.  Myself and an observer knew I had flown over a set, then lowered and filmed a wooded area, then did the same thing on the way back.  Reviewing the footage later I scared myself when I realized I had flown right thru the middle of them going both ways.  Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules