Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using Airplane Mode on Phone?
1206 5 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf8943360
lvl.3
United States

I'm new to the DJI Go app. Was wondering if there's any reason to consider (or to avoid) using airplane mode with my mobile device? Was just thinking it would prevent notifications and background activity in other apps from being a distraction. It also might save a little battery. Also might reduce the RF signals bouncing around near the controller. Essentially I'm wondering if cell/data service is a factor in operations for the aircraft.

My understanding is that the GPS is coming from the Mavic itself and that the phone is more or less an extension of the controller.

Any advice would be appreciated.
2016-12-20
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I have heard a few reports that said turning on airplane mode eliminated the frequent crashing of the app some people were experiencing.  Not sure what the side effects are by doing so with regards to flight controls or positioning  though....hopefully someone else will chime in.
2016-12-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Unless in AP my DJI app closes down on my android.
Not sure why, maybe settings for certain permissions for app.
i know it is rock solid when using airplane mode.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

When using airplane mode, you may need to cache the map in advance.
And you cannot use the follow me mode since it requires the GPS signal of the mobile device.
2016-12-20
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

I never fly in AP mode. I don't have map and gps on my phone.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules