Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware 000000000 P4
2083 16 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

I am a new Phantom 4 user, I got my phantom today I loaded DJI Assistant 2, upgraded the P4 to the most current firmware successfuly , upgraded the controller to 1.8,
installed the DJI GO4 on my android device, I have not been able to fly my drone yet but everything looks good when I boot it up .
I'm just setting up all the features with in the go4 app and all goes flawless however when I check to see the drone firmare it shows as 000.0000.000 or something like that,
the controller indicates 1.8 loaded, the go up shows the right version, what's going on with the craft firmware id ?
The dji go4 app notyfies me that my craft needs the 1.6 upgrade but that firmware is already loaded, when I connect DJI assistant 2 it tells me that the current firmware is the 1.6
I'm confused at the moment I tried to load the same firmware again and it completes I reboot the drone and all looks fine but when I preview the firmware details in the go4 app it's listed as bunch of zeros.

2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried restoring to factory settings via the Assistant 2 Software? Could you happen to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?
2016-12-21
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 01:42
Have you tried restoring to factory settings via the Assistant 2 Software? Could you happen to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

I'll upload the snap shot of the Go4 app when I'll get home,
can you please advise what app should I be using with the phantom 4 ?
There is the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 , do they both have to be loaded or just one of them,
it looks like the DJI GO 4 is only for phantom 4 pro and mavic,  is that correct?
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2016-12-21 22:58
I'll upload the snap shot of the Go4 app when I'll get home,
can you please advise what app should I be using with the phantom 4 ?
There is the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 , do they both have to be loaded or just one of them,

That is correct, the Go4 app is for the P4P, Mavic and the Inspire 2 for now. Since you just have a P4, you would still use the first DJI Go app. You don't need to use both apps.
2016-12-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 01:47
That is correct, the Go4 app is for the P4P, Mavic and the Inspire 2 for now. Since you just have a P4, you would still use the first DJI Go app. You don't need to use both apps.

OK Jamie - that confused me. I've read elsewhere that GO 4 is for the new generation (including the P4, P4P Mavic and Inspire 2), and the previous GO is to be used for legacy generations (<Phantom 3 and Inspire 1). GO 4 works identically for my P4 and my P4P. But this is off-thread now...
2016-12-21
Use props
Roxin
lvl.1

Canada

i used Go 4 the first time i used the P4 the updated kinda killed the device. i returned it to the store i got it and started up the normal Go App no issues. i dont dare touch Go 4 again

Weather it was the actual drone i had was defective or the app killed it i am just playing it safe and sticking away from go 4
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-22 05:04
OK Jamie - that confused me. I've read elsewhere that GO 4 is for the new generation (including the P4, P4P Mavic and Inspire 2), and the previous GO is to be used for legacy generations (

The P4 is kind of that 'odd ball', sort of speak, since it was on the original Go app prior to Go4. It can be used, though I would have to double check whether any future updates will be available with the first DJI Go app. If you got a P4P, then you can stick to the Go4 app for both units and don't have to worry about switching back and forth.
2016-12-21
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 16:11
The P4 is kind of that 'odd ball', sort of speak, since it was on the original Go app prior to Go4. It can be used, though I would have to double check whether any future updates will be available with the first DJI Go app. If you got a P4P, then you can stick to the Go4 app for both units and don't have to worry about switching back and forth.

Here are the screen grabs from the DJI assistant 2 and the DJI go 4,
I also noticed the satellite maps will not load on my samsung tab 4 , the google maps are up to date but for some reason they fail to show up in DJI go 4,  I tried DJI go as well with the same results.

what should I do here, pls help

2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2016-12-22 10:34
Here are the screen grabs from the DJI assistant 2 and the DJI go 4,
I also noticed the satellite maps will not load on my samsung tab 4 , the google maps are up to date but for some reason they fail to show up in DJI go 4,  I tried DJI go as well with the same results.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, does restoring to factory defaults make any sort of difference? I believe that the apps have moved from Google Maps to Here Maps, so there may be some differences in the map view.
2016-12-22
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 02:38
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, does restoring to factory defaults make any sort of difference? I believe that the apps have moved from Google Maps to Here Maps, so there may be some differences in the map view.

Jamie I haven't tried restoring the craft to default as of yet instead I went out and took it for a test flight and it flew very well except at the end, I had about 32% battery left when suddenly the battery status dropped to 0 flashing red so I immediately landed, I waited a bit then the app crashed on me.
I restarted the tablet, now the craft battery was back to 30% so I  flew one more time just low in front me, the DJIgo 4 kept crashing on me, so I landed and brought the craft back home, I turned it on and the battery was showing back at 31%.
I'm confused as what happened there, it was 0c temperature no wind, craft flew great and then suddenly it kind of dropped the ball on me. After this experience what I did was uninstalled Go4 and installed DJIGO, I copied the flight data from the craft and I was going to do the craft reset but it got too late so I will try that today.

I have a few questions to ask though,
When I reset the craft will that revert back to the first original firmware or should I downgrade each firmware down to first one and then reset the craft to default.
what about the controller ? should I downgrade that too?
third I have total of 3 batteries do I have to reset the craft with each battery (meaning reset it 3 times) or do I just do that once ?
what about the maps ? , do I have to load something else on my tablet to be able to see the satellite maps ? you mentioned  DJI does not use google maps anymore.

Looking forward to your reply,

thanks
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2016-12-22 22:57
Jamie I haven't tried restoring the craft to default as of yet instead I went out and took it for a test flight and it flew very well except at the end, I had about 32% battery left when suddenly the battery status dropped to 0 flashing red so I immediately landed, I waited a bit then the app crashed on me.
I restarted the tablet, now the craft battery was back to 30% so I  flew one more time just low in front me, the DJIgo 4 kept crashing on me, so I landed and brought the craft back home, I turned it on and the battery was showing back at 31%.
I'm confused as what happened there, it was 0c temperature no wind, craft flew great and then suddenly it kind of dropped the ball on me. After this experience what I did was uninstalled Go4 and installed DJIGO, I copied the flight data from the craft and I was going to do the craft reset but it got too late so I will try that today.

It wouldn't reset the firmware, but it should ensure that all other settings on the unit are back to stock. If you choose to downgrade, you can downgrade the RC by one to put it within compatible range. Not all the firmware updates that came out had necessarily affected the battery. You could try one battery to see if everything works out. If so, then you can put in another battery to see if it gives you a prompt to update it.

Regarding the maps, and maybe I misread the first time, is a map image populating at all or is it just not the same image as when you go into your normal Google Maps app?
2016-12-22
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 16:41
It wouldn't reset the firmware, but it should ensure that all other settings on the unit are back to stock. If you choose to downgrade, you can downgrade the RC by one to put it within compatible range. Not all the firmware updates that came out had necessarily affected the battery. You could try one battery to see if everything works out. If so, then you can put in another battery to see if it gives you a prompt to update it.

Regarding the maps, and maybe I misread the first time, is a map image populating at all or is it just not the same image as when you go into your normal Google Maps app?

Thank you, I will play with the firmware roll back and reset this weekend,
regarding the maps, they do not show up anymore as in google maps, I am at home connected to wifi and when I select the map in DJIgo to show hybrid / satellite the maps sort of show up but when you zoom in on the map all the details are gone, all you see is just a blur.
Any idea how to fix that ?
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2016-12-24 00:17
Thank you, I will play with the firmware roll back and reset this weekend,
regarding the maps, they do not show up anymore as in google maps, I am at home connected to wifi and when I select the map in DJIgo to show hybrid / satellite the maps sort of show up but when you zoom in on the map all the details are gone, all you see is just a blur.
Any idea how to fix that ?

Please keep me posted on how it went. For the maps, all I can recommend is reinstalling the Go4 app and trying a different mobile device to see if it's a device performance issue. Just to clarify, what Android device are you using?
2016-12-23
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-23 14:04
Please keep me posted on how it went. For the maps, all I can recommend is reinstalling the Go4 app and trying a different mobile device to see if it's a device performance issue. Just to clarify, what Android device are you using?

Restored back to factory default, no change at the device the firmware shows 00.00.0000,
device samsung galaxy s5, tablet samsung tab 4 both devices show firmware as 00.00.0000.
when I connect to dji assistant it does recognize the firmware and indicates current firmware.
Maps are still a mess on both devices, no detail in satellite view at all just blurry color blobs.
any other ideas ?
2016-12-23
Use props
fansf23c3e7e
lvl.1
United States

There is a problem with the satellite view of the maps.  This also affects the hybrid view.  DJI changed maps.  Report to DJI the problem.  The more people that report the problem, the better.
2016-12-26
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

fansf23c3e7e Posted at 2016-12-26 19:23
There is a problem with the satellite view of the maps.  This also affects the hybrid view.  DJI changed maps.  Report to DJI the problem.  The more people that report the problem, the better.

I reverted back to DJIgo 2.8 google maps are back on
2016-12-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

I am also having this problem with the maps

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77856-1-1.html

Thanks
2016-12-27
Use props