Activation
16810 27 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maddz
New

Australia

Hi guys, just bought mavic drone, I registered  to Dji/ loved into the Dji go pro 4 app but never had the option to activate my drone so I could fly it? Can I have some help please
Thanks,

Chris.
2016-12-21
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

it should ask you to activate the mavic + name your mavic at the start up of DJI go when your mavic is connected
2016-12-21
Use props
maddz
New

Australia

Yeah I got nothing, just the started home screen
2016-12-21
Use props
maddz
New

Australia

I tried uninstalling that did nothing, I'm also using a Google pixel if that helps?
2016-12-21
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Canada

did you update the mavic?
You can try plugging the mavic into your computer with dji assistant
2016-12-21
Use props
maddz
New

Australia

No havnt done that, didn't no I had to to tell you the truth
2016-12-21
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Canada

maddz Posted at 2016-12-21 07:45
No havnt done that, didn't no I had to to tell you the truth

Give it a try and report back if it works or not:
2016-12-21
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

I actually have the same here. No activation or name asked. I plugged my MP on the pc with assistant to update and after, I connect to RC and Go4. I even bought dji care successful but no obvious signe of activation.
2016-12-21
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

will it let you fly it?
2016-12-21
Use props
maddz
New

Australia

I can't even get it to connect to pc, but I think that's a internet issue as I can't login to assistant 2 for some reason
2016-12-21
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Do the update via DJI GO4 app ...
2016-12-21
Use props
Evan8tr
lvl.2
United States

Can you enter the camera view for the mavic when you open the app (It should be a blank screen as it is not paired with your Mavic yet). Then from the camera view you will need to pair your RC with the Mavic. Then retry and it will recognize it.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chris, since Google pixel isn't in our device recommended list, could you please try to change another mobile device to link with RC again?
Please make sure your mobile device connect with network.
2016-12-21
Use props
hirobox
New

Canada

Hello, I just bought myself MAVIC PRO and I have same problem. It wouldn't go to activation screen. Did you figure it out how? Thank you so much.
2017-4-1
Use props
fansc7704540
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1636076 ft
United States

My mavic not reconoce the password somebody help me please
2017-4-1
Use props
fansc7704540
lvl.2
United States

my mavic not recognize the password for wifi please somebody help me
2017-4-1
Use props
fansc7704540
lvl.2
United States

My mavic not Recognize the password somebody help me please
2017-4-1
Use props
Jfieldsey
New
United States

Day two... still  grounded unable to fly… Server still down
2017-4-7
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Jfieldsey Posted at 2017-4-7 08:22
Day two... still  grounded unable to fly… Server still down

that's a shame, was a long time ago since it was server problems, hope you will get it resolved fast
2017-4-7
Use props
fansaaf976aa
New
United States

I am on the same boat here. Received Mavic pro yesterday I updated both the controller  and Mavic Pro, still not able to activate the drone. Controller says connecting forever. Did anyone figured out how to fix this activation issues? Thanks
2017-4-8
Use props
RanaInteractive
lvl.1
Peru

I Think I have the same or similar problem. I have been trying to follow several different set up tutorials for instance:

I  installed DJI GO for Android, plugged everything in, booted the app and when I turn on the controller all I get is, 'Disconnected'  and ‘Enter Device’. It seems like I can't complete anything without activating the aircraft and I am never prompted to do so. If I click on Enter Device I get only a dark screen, no data, and the statice bar (top right) says Disconnected. Some of the controls in the software and any data missing.

It does't make any difference if I use the short DJI cable or the USB port, the results are the same. It acts like my phone is not even plugged in to the controller.

When I go through this each time the controller says Connecting then the phone opens a screen called USB Computer Connection. There are several choices here, USB Storage, USB Tethered, Media Device, Camera, Charge Only, etc. I have it set to Tethered.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ashwinpp
New
United States

I figured the issue. The toggle switch between WiFi and remote was set in the middle. When push it to remote, I am able to connect and activate. Thank you all
2017-4-9
Use props
Greg77789
New
United States

Ashwinpp Posted at 2017-4-9 08:17
I figured the issue. The toggle switch between WiFi and remote was set in the middle. When push it to remote, I am able to connect and activate. Thank you all

Hey I'm having the same issue my p4 won't fly saying activate aircraft how did you fix
2017-4-30
Use props
fansaae947ef
New

United States

Hey guys,
I was trying to use both DJI Go 4 and the Assistance2 on my iMac and finally discovered my OSX doesn't handle Microsoft Windows based software.
I finally connected my iPhone 6+ to the controller and used one of the small cables to connect the controller to the Mavik Pro drone.
I then opened the Litchi App and it responded. Before connecting all three, there was no response. The password for the drone is on the aft left foldable arm. I still don't know if the controller is working but video was presented in my iphone.
I might have to retegister the controller. But, I did press the takeoff butyon(green upward arrow located in the bottom left of the Litchi App. Litchi is also a great app for goggles.
Additionally, while hooked up with all three devices connected, the firmware showed updates under settings. Once disconnected, the firmware codes disappeared and became n/a.
Finally, is anyone else not happy with DJI for never being there to specifically address these problems?
We don't need more foreign products that fail and cost us valuable time and resources to try to straighten out their tech issues. I have flown many times to China as an international 777 pilot and found that almost everything we are sold fail and their is no one to help with those issues unless you know the vendor. As you can tell, even the English used in the manuals and Apps is not proper, so how can the engineering be on it's game?
It's time this should be resolved immediately by the company.
I shouldn't have to use my engineering degree to solve their problems.
Take care and have fun.
2017-6-1
Use props
fans9815c421
lvl.2

Philippines

when you run the DJI Go 4 App, it will prompt you to activate the device make sure that you're connected to internet and follow the instructions
2017-6-19
Use props
Alkany
New

Germany

Dear all,

Has DJI recently changed their activation process in any way?

I received my Mavic today. I bought it from Amazon Warehousedeals, it was marked as new and all of the seals were on the drone. It didnt seem that the drone was used.

I installed the DJI 4 app for the Mavic on my iPad Pro and my Samsung Galaxy S8. As I read online that all new DJI products have to be registered, I wanted to activate it accordingly, but the app never prompted me and also never indicated that I can only fly it in restricted mode.
I have not flown it yet since I am a bit afraid to do so without the activation. On both devices (ipad and Galaxy S8) it shows that the drone is connected and I could even start the engines without the propellers on.

Where can I see if my drone is restricted and not activated? Could it be that it was activated by someone else and I can still fly it with my own DJI account (email)?

I also checked the switch on the Mavic itself, it is on RC as recommended. I can change all the flight settings and have normal video feed.

Please let me know if it is safe for me to operate the drone or not, even without any apparent activation. I also cannot scan the QR-Code for activation.

Best regards
2017-8-8
Use props
poji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19144 ft
Malaysia

Alkany Posted at 2017-8-8 14:09
Dear all,

Has DJI recently changed their activation process in any way?

Im in the same situation. No prompt for activation. Ready to fly
DJI please help. Any method to see if my drone was already registered by someone else.TQ
2017-9-24
Use props
fansdb65681b
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem today..  It turned out to be the Drone was set to WiFi and that caused the app not to work.  I set it to RC,  uninstalled the app,  reinstalled.  Load the app with phone connected to the controller.  Powered on the controller and then the Drone.  App responded and Activation process began as tutorials online show.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules