Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Raw SSD recording all magenta !
1842 7 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I took my Osmo Raw on a helicopter flight over some incredible terrain and while the Osmo performed well through all twists and turns, my SSD footage was all magenta. When the X5R was mounted on an Inspire, the card records perfectly. I can't understand this problem and am really annoyed. Fortunately, the SD card footage is usable (forget about 4K res when shooting through the copter glass and dealing with solar refections) but I was hoping to take advantage of the broader dynamic range available on some shots to correct the exposure.

I have the 8-25 firmware on the Osmo and the X5R SSD works fine on my Inspire.

Any help would be appreciated.

2016-12-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI - can you please reply to this. Thanks
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm sorry to hear your experience, can you upload a short clip sample of the video affected to Dropbox or Google Drive? So we can see the issue.
2016-12-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thor - Here is the screen grab from Cinelight

Dropbox link to two files (one DNG, the other a screenshot which is shown here)

The very bizarre thing is that when I convert to DNG using CineLight - the images look fine. I've used this X5R many times on my inspire and its never done this Magenta thing. Yet two SSD cards have this look. Thankfully, I did not delete the more valuable card #2 and can work on the footage when I have access to a full workstation and disk array.

Would appreciate tech weighing in on this. Thanks.

Magenta bug in SSD

Magenta bug in SSD
2016-12-27
Use props
zhouda
New

Hong Kong

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-27 17:53
Thor - Here is the screen grab from Cinelight

Dropbox link to two files (one DNG, the other a screenshot which is shown here)

Please check the version of your cinelite. There is the same bug with old cinelite for osmo x5r. The latest ver had modified the issue.
2016-12-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

zhouda Posted at 2016-12-28 19:52
Please check the version of your cinelite. There is the same bug with old cinelite for osmo x5r. The latest ver had modified the issue.

Thanks for your accurate tip! I was still on Cinelight 0.9.9. The latest version is 0.9.26 and installing that solved the problem. I'm just glad I didn't delete the second SSD cards contents!
2016-12-28
Use props
BlameTheBourbon
lvl.1

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-28 13:07
Thanks for your accurate tip! I was still on Cinelight 0.9.9. The latest version is 0.9.26 and installing that solved the problem. I'm just glad I didn't delete the second SSD cards contents!

Same problem with ours and we have the latest update.  SSD records all magenta video while micro SD is fine.  Weird thing is it only does it when it is held upright with the osmo handle.  Flipped over under the Inpire or hold the osmo handle inverted and it records fine.

2017-3-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

BlameTheBourbon Posted at 2017-3-3 10:31
Same problem with ours and we have the latest update.  SSD records all magenta video while micro SD is fine.  Weird thing is it only does it when it is held upright with the osmo handle.  Flipped over under the Inpire or hold the osmo handle inverted and it records fine.

This sounds like a contact problem. Check and clean them....
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules