Use X5 series cameras without gimbal active?
686 1 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CameramanSam
New
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Anyone used one of the X5 series models (or an X3 for that matter) without the gimbal being active? By active, I mean holding the camera steady.

I have an idea to use the new X5S as a replacement for my Sony A7s. I already have a system to mount my lenses to a tripod and a lens adapter to M4/3 to fit the X5S camera, my question is - if I put the camera on the back of one of my lenses (not one of the ones mentioned on the DJI website), will the camera still work? I was planning on just hanging the gimbal off the back and securing it with velcro. I believe the camera doesn't un-attach from the gimbal but still works if the gimbal is not fully connected and stabilising the camera? I'm aware that I wouldn't be able to get footage from the camera yet as the encoding module is located only inside the Inspire 2 and hasn't been made separately yet, just thinking about an idea for the future.

Any thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Outside of the DJI's official X5S compatible lens list, your lens probably won't fit on X5S in the first place.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules