Phantom 3 Adv mid air terminal failure
661 3 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone_hunter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3051302 ft
Australia

Hi, i was flying my phantom this evening and out of no where the video appeared to tip 45 degrees and then drop rapidly and then no signal. Through looking back at the flight record I can see the drop in altitude and then the flight comes to an end.

I have not been able to retrieve the phantom as it's a over a kilometre away in farm land.

Is there anything dji can do to look into what caused the crash from the flight record? I have synchronised to their servers.

FYI, I have flown over 100 times covered over 500km in distance nothing like this has occurred before.

Thanks
Ben
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, you can contact dji via online chat on www.dji.com/support and file a ticket. Our support team will analyze the cause of the incident.
2016-12-23
Use props
drone_hunter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3051302 ft
Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-24 14:13
Yes, you can contact dji via online chat on www.dji.com/support and file a ticket. Our support team will analyze the cause of the incident.

Thanks, I have managed to retrieve the aircraft and it's obviously a total loss. The flight data from my untrained eye appears to point to a speed controller going down, there are speed errors 4 seconds before the crash and the flight mode for some reason dropped out of GPS and went into ATT mode without any input from myself.

I will try the support ticket.
2016-12-24
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
United States

same thing happened to me twice with 2 different drones.  it wasn't your fault
2016-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now