My 4 Pro+ screen froze 3 times
12Next >
7016 45 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

Yesterday, on three separate flights, the screen froze on my Phantom 4 Pro+ screen. I landed it all three times manually, luckily it was close enough for me to do that. I just did the update that came out two days ago. It never froze before that update.

Anyone else having that problem?
2016-12-23
Use props
fans6c69eba4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, me too. Has frozen since the update. DJI!!!!!!
2016-12-23
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hasn't happened to me yet in 6 or 8 flights.  I guess there is no way to reboot the monitor without also rebooting the controller?  If this happens and you are unable to bring it home manually I suppose rebooting the controller would prompt RTH.  In any case this is a bit of a concern....
2016-12-23
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

There was an update 2 days ago?
2016-12-23
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

If you long press the button on the top right of the screen, the tablet boots, and the LEDs on the P4 stayed flashing green during the entire boot cycle.
2016-12-23
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

I turned off the controller mid-flight and restarted it. It DID come back on to live video, but it's a bit alarming. It never happened before this last update. I continually get the message "DJI GO is not responding, do you wish to wait?". I tried waiting, but it never cleared up. Just frozen completely. I tried swiping up from the bottom to kill the app but that didn't work either.

Regretting getting the Pro+ at this point. The simulator is completely useless, it's so much lag it's un-usable. The iOS DJI Go app works perfectly on the phantom 4.
2016-12-23
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I was considering the plus version. I figured at least there should never be any tablet issues when using the built-in tablet. Apparently I was mistaken.
I mean there is certainly no excuse for having any problems with it since they can test the exact setup at the factory as you have in your hand. No variables unlike using user supplied tablets.
Sigh
2016-12-23
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My + screen is freezing and reporting the GO app not responding , choosing wait never fixes it
holding down the screen top button to re boot the screen to get the app working again , happening
quite regularly , needs fixed
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, is this from after doing the aircraft update, RC update or both?
2016-12-23
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-24 04:51
Just to clarify, is this from after doing the aircraft update, RC update or both?

It has done this on the old firmware , but does this a lot more since
the last update.
(should mention since the RC update)
2016-12-26
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

It had never happened to me before this update about 5-6 days ago. Now it happens every other flight.
2016-12-27
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

The + RC needs an update bad, there are a lot of things wrong with it.
2016-12-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

dji Jamie, I received the p4 pro + on the 19th of dec, and immediately updated the ac to the 01.01.203 firmware, 2 days ago I got the app freeze warning the app is not responding do you want to wait, I was landing at the time and my decent continued using stick control not auto land mode, the aircraft landed safely and I rebooted the controller and it started working again. during this freeze, I still had control of the aircraft and the video still running.  also the .srt files are missing. ! thanx. the controller is still on 1.1.1.1 also.
2016-12-27
Use props
photomadnz
lvl.2
New Zealand

Same problem here. Latest firmware all round and it just freezes up the app on the Pro +. Scarey and very annoying.... :-(
2016-12-30
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can confirm that my screen keeps freezing as well. Appalling!
2016-12-31
Use props
Wild Blue Yonde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

Has there been any momentum in fixing this issue?  I've got a P4P+ on backorder and have been considering changing my order to the P4P due to the issues P4P+ owners are reporting.  Do P4P+ owners feel confident that DJI is working fast enough in resolving these issues -- and that you will not be forgotten about, or be a low priority to the larger customer base with P4P's?  How frequent are app crashes, once those of you who backed up and reset the RC?
2017-1-1
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-12-31 03:54
I can confirm that my screen keeps freezing as well. Appalling!

This happend to me ,I posted about it .I asked DJI for an RA .I am sending it back as I do not feel it is safe to fly it .
2017-1-1
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

perryb Posted at 2017-1-1 18:23
This happend to me ,I posted about it .I asked DJI for an RA .I am sending it back as I do not feel it is safe to fly it .

Ive just experienced the app freezing also on the latest updated firmware, rebooted the monitor and it was fine, fortunately it wasn't flying at the time. Also bought the plus version thinking that it would be free of incompatibility problems and latency. I always hope for, but do not expect a lot from Dji... for some reason I still buy their products...
2017-1-1
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Flight distance : 834117 ft
Netherlands

Phantom 4 pro plus
all updates installed
2.4 ghz auto

freezing after 500 meter 70 meter high
Black screen
on the RTH the  AC came back right on the spot he left...
but no screen whatsover !!
Never had that before this is my 4th Phantom
On version 203 i didnt experience this...  
after another run
i select manual 2.4 GHz channel 19
slider to the left....
and then no freezing screen..
distance with trees in between, 500 meters/70 high
2017-1-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

perryb Posted at 2017-1-1 18:23

I returned my P4P+ and swapped it for the P4P. I flew that for the first time today. Although the video feed was much better (even though I still had some momentary freezing), I lost radio and video contact with the aircraft at about 2000' out! The aircraft did an automatic RTH but did not reconnect until it was about 1000' away.

Also, the excessive wind warning is pretty much permanent even though the wind was incredibly lights (I did not get this warning with the Mavic at all).

I flew the same route with my Mavic Pro immediately afterwards and experienced no problems whatsoever.

I am really disappointed with the P4P and simply did not expect these problems. I am sure that the P4P will be great when all of the bugs have been sorted out. However, for now, I simply do not trust it.
2017-1-2
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I can't get my Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote controller to even work which is extremely frustrating!!!!
2017-1-6
Use props
Márcio Azevedo
New
Flight distance : 11053 ft
Portugal

I have phantom 4 pro + and my screen also failed during a flight. I rebooted the controller twice and only then it came back up and running. This all with the drone just far from me disappointed
2017-1-6
Use props
fans0203fdc6
New
Flight distance : 10423 ft
Australia

Cross posting from another similar thread to make sure the issue is heard by DJI, since the DJI Go app crashing 5-6 times in a single flying session is pretty bad for a purpose designed controller.

---------------
Took my Phantom 4 Pro Plus out today for the first time and in two batteries the DJI Go app stopped responding maybe 5-6 times. It's very frustrating, I had a lot of stability issues on my old P4 with a Google Pixel and put it down to the phone not being full supported. I did not expect a purpose built controller to be just as unstable.

The controller already had 1.1.1.1 on it out of the box, I didn't have to upgrade at all, there was however an update for the quad itself, but the controller is as it came out of the box.

The other weird thing is it cannot see my WiFi networks at all, the only way I can get internet connectivity on the controller is to set up a hotspot on my phone.
2017-1-8
Use props
Drone Dude Alga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14227470 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

New update needed! Here is a video from the dji android screen where the fails can be seen... https://www.skypixel.com/videos/phantom-4-pro-plus-problems-probably-needs-firmware-upgrade
2017-1-8
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Really, really frustrating and makes the entire system unreliable for flight. I have had my P4P+ out quite far and had the screen stop responding. Is the symptom the same as you guys? When can touch the screen, it makes the "pop" sound but there is no other response. You can't touch controls, buttons or anything, it just keeps making the touch 'pop' sound.

Then, usually after a few seconds, I get the screen prompt shown below "DJI GO 4 is not responding. Do you want to close it?" with "OK" and "Wait" options. Wait never works. I usually have to touch OK, or long press the table's button on the side of the P4P+ screen to force the table to reboot.

This should be among DJI's highest priorities to fix this. I ordered the Plus because they control the hardware, I figured, how hard could it be to get it right since they can test and control and hardware and software (versus trying to accomodate many different models of Android and iOS devices).

stop responding

stop responding
2017-1-8
Use props
Geoffers
New

United Kingdom

I too am not impressed with my new P4. Firstly it was just the screen lag, not keeping up with the movement of the drone. That was annoying but as I don't need lots of video I could cope. However things have moved on from lag to the freezing and 'connection lost' which isn't good. The time I had the lost connection the P4 would not land, eventhough I had pressed return to home. I realsie I could have done it manually but restarting the app did the trick, but not very practical. Then the other day on a job the screen froze. I had no idea what the camera was fiming, completly useless when you're trying to work with it. If this continues I'll have to see about sending it back and looking elsewhere. I can't work with tools that aren't working properly, it's impossible.

2017-1-9
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I can't even get my Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote controller to work!!!!
2017-1-9
Use props
samg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7173363 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have also had issues with the DJI go app either becoming completely unresponsive and losing video sporadically or being unable to tell it to take a picture or start recording (hitting buttons on RC or in app) do nothing. At first I thought I had to turn off the controller and reboot the entire thing to fix it, but you can just hold down the power button on the screen. Eventually a warning comes up asking you if you want to reboot the app. Rebooting the app works, and you maintain full control of the craft at all times. Turning off the controller is risky. The P4P will initiate an RTH, and you can abort it when the controller reboots, but it's less risky to just reboot the screen.
2017-1-9
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

so if i'm reading correctly, the P4P+ with the dedicated screen has a greater lag and freezes more often than hooking up an ipad and running the app. Even tho the dedicated screen was supposed to reduce latency. Something went real wrong here.
2017-1-9
Use props
daedelus82
New
Flight distance : 10423 ft
Australia

samg Posted at 2017-1-9 08:06
I have also had issues with the DJI go app either becoming completely unresponsive and losing video sporadically or being unable to tell it to take a picture or start recording (hitting buttons on RC or in app) do nothing. At first I thought I had to turn off the controller and reboot the entire thing to fix it, but you can just hold down the power button on the screen. Eventually a warning comes up asking you if you want to reboot the app. Rebooting the app works, and you maintain full control of the craft at all times. Turning off the controller is risky. The P4P will initiate an RTH, and you can abort it when the controller reboots, but it's less risky to just reboot the screen.

I performed a factory reset on the controller as per the thread below, been through three batteries and no crashes yet.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-77506-1-1.html
2017-1-13
Use props
fans565fb369
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have had my Pro4+ for just on a week and have had the screen freeze twice on me in flight and twice while checking things on the ground. How long till DJI fixes this?
2017-1-19
Use props
petesafishin
New
United States

So, I was not having the screen issues stated here.  Got my P4P + worked great right out of box.  Got support on chat after many hours to fix a small camera issue and an issue where my unit in "P" mode was going 47 MPH and sensing was not working.  They told me to do a firmware "REFRESH", which I did and a reset of the controller.  NOW, I cannot get my P4P out of ATTI mode which I saw in another thread user with this issue.

I can get SPORT mode by enabling modes, but even BEGINNER mode will not show.  ANY SOLUTIONS?  Thanks for "fixing" DJI, was working better before.  I will at some point try to contact support again, but took me 3 hours today to get to a tech that basically BROKE it.  I am trying to get a return / exchange for a STD P4P, have a friend that has one and it works MUCH BETTER than the PLUS.
2017-1-19
Use props
shiftalc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39318 ft
France

Hi , same for me
2017-1-19
Use props
krisg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17310 ft
Belgium

That is indeed what I had on my phantom4 plus pro too yesterday .
A reboot of the tablet did the trick with me but this is definitely not good !
2017-1-30
Use props
fanscf67a513
New
Flight distance : 40988 ft
United States

I might have information for your problem with the Phantom 4 pro plus .with the dji go app stopping. My unit would not stay up more than a few seconds. I c. I contacted support and the y had me to hold c2 and c2 and the shutter button down and then turn the unit off. My unit has woorked fine siince.
2017-2-12
Use props
fanscf67a513
New
United States

I was told by support to have the drone off. then with the remote on while holding down c1 & c2 & the shutter button then turn the unit off. My unit has worked fine since.
2017-2-12
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

same here :/
2017-2-12
Use props
fanscf67a513
New
United States

Hold c1 & c2 & shutter button and turn the remote off.  Then restart the remote .Was what the factory support informed me and it worked for me.
2017-2-12
Use props
krisg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17310 ft
Belgium

Did factory restore with initialise SD card but ... froze again
2017-2-13
Use props
COBRA [project]
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742028 ft
Russia

Guys fly with apple! No problems, no freezes. Just change + to p4p remote.
2017-2-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules