Mavic making strange noise upon boot
5853 11 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vixus
lvl.2

Canada

I noticed that my mavic makes a small vibrating noise that's emanating from the bottom sonar sensor similar to what this person is seeing in his video. I have sent a video of this noise to DJI and they told me to send it in for repair. I'm just surprised that another person had the same issue as me so I'm just wondering if others have similar problems. The sound is very light but amplified when you get your video phone close to the drone.

2016-12-23
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Sonar is making the sound you're hearing. It's normal. I had the same question.
2016-12-23
Use props
Alxxnder
lvl.1

Latvia

Hi, Vixus. I noticed you also have this "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" warning during startup... How often does it appear? Mine has the same issue and I am not sure if is it a problem or normal behavior?
This message disappears after few seconds and gimbal looks to be operating ok, but maybe someone can shed some light about the reason...
2016-12-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Alxxnder Posted at 2016-12-25 09:08
Hi, Vixus. I noticed you also have this "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" warning during startup... How often does it appear? Mine has the same issue and I am not sure if is it a problem or normal behavior?
This message disappears after few seconds and gimbal looks to be operating ok, but maybe someone can shed some light about the reason...

That video is not from Vixus.  He found it on YouTube.

The "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" warning is NOT good/normal.  You should NOT here that loud banging sound from the gimbal on the Mavic as heard in this video.  The P4P does this a little, but the Mavic should be silent.  

2016-12-25
Use props
Alxxnder
lvl.1

Latvia

Yep, my bad - didn't notice that loud cracking sound at the end. No, mine just shows the warning, that sound is not there.
2016-12-25
Use props
Bikkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-25 19:19
That video is not from Vixus.  He found it on YouTube.

The "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" warning is NOT good/normal.  You should NOT here that loud banging sound from the gimbal on the Mavic as heard in this video.  The P4P does this a little, but the Mavic should be silent.

I Have the same sound on bootup from the gimbal (only when remote controller is off).
2016-12-25
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

I think that's the sonar clicks
2016-12-26
Use props
GLX
New

Philippines

Hi Vixus i just updated the firmware of my new mavic pro and it's making this sound too. Was yours resolved?
2017-3-4
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

the sound the gimble made like it jammed or something mine does that when i do an imu calibration when i turn it upside down. the clicking is the vps tho
2017-3-4
Use props
fans32866a12
New
Flight distance : 5732 ft
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-3-4 18:58
the sound the gimble made like it jammed or something mine does that when i do an imu calibration when i turn it upside down. the clicking is the vps tho

@boostedford - I get the same sound during IMU Calibration when I stand the Mavic straight up. The noise goes away once I level the Mavic out and place it on the ground. Is this normal and can be ignored? Just got my Mavic a few days ago, so still working out the kinks.
2017-4-21
Use props
ADLEE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208179 ft
Malaysia

Yup, Is normal. Is booting up!
2017-4-21
Use props
andym91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-23 19:22
Sonar is making the sound you're hearing. It's normal. I had the same question.

I was just wondering about this! LOL Glad to hear that this is normal lol
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules