DJI go app keeps crashing on pro 4+ monitor.
12Next >
10791 54 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneDaddy
New

United States

I just received my new Phantom 4 pro + and the built in monitor keeps saying "unfortunately go app has stopped", It let me see the settings screen one time and it said I was running the latest version which is v1.1.1.1. Any ideas how to get me flying? Does the built in monitor not work with the dji app? Very frustrating being that they are brand new. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2016-12-24
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try downgrading the RC firmware and re-updating it.
2016-12-24
Use props
DroneDaddy
New

United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-25 03:52
Try downgrading the RC firmware and re-updating it.

Not sure how to do that exactly, guess I'll have to wait for support after Christmas. Can't figure how to delete it. Thanks though.
2016-12-24
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You would do it by connecting the RC to your computer and use DJI Assistant 2
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, just to clarify, you noticed the issue after a firmware upgrading?
Please connect your RC to a computer and export the crash log: DJI / dji.pilot.pad, then upload it to dropbox and provide us the link.
2016-12-25
Use props
fans1e42bccd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1879075 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't get my new one to Evan find a network I can't sign in or do anything let alone set it up or fly can't work it out
2016-12-25
Use props
Jlongwsi
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-25 17:24
Sorry to hear about the issue, just to clarify, you noticed the issue after a firmware upgrading?
Please connect your RC to a computer and export the crash log: DJI / dji.pilot.pad, then upload it to dropbox and provide us the link.

I'm having the same problem with my new P4 Pro+.  Received it yesterday and it gives me the same message each time I try to enter the go app ( go app has stopped working).  It says I am on v1.1.1.1.
2016-12-25
Use props
Jlongwsi
New

United States

Jlongwsi Posted at 2016-12-26 03:35
I'm having the same problem with my new P4 Pro+.  Received it yesterday and it gives me the same message each time I try to enter the go app ( go app has stopped working).  It says I am on v1.1.1.1.

No. I did not update the firmware. It said I had the most current version v1.1.1.1.

Update: just updated using sd card, reloaded current version and I have the same problem. Go app will not open. Screen reads "unfortunately go app has stopped working."Need help!
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1e42bccd Posted at 2016-12-26 03:29
I can't get my new one to Evan find a network I can't sign in or do anything let alone set it up or fly can't work it out

Would you please take a picture for the network page?
Please try to connect a hotspot from your mobile phone and check the performance.
If all other devices can detect the WiFi network, and restart remote makes no sense, it may need to be sent in.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jlongwsi Posted at 2016-12-26 03:37
No. I did not update the firmware. It said I had the most current version v1.1.1.1.

Update: just updated using sd card, reloaded current version and I have the same problem. Go app will not open. Screen reads "unfortunately go app has stopped working."Need help!

Very sorry for the issue, please upload a screenshot or a small video showing that, then connect your RC to a computer and export the crash log: DJI / dji.pilot.pad, then upload it to dropbox and provide us the link, we'll help you analyze the issue.
2016-12-26
Use props
fansb51bca63
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem ... crashes when I hit GO FLY. DJI Assistant 2 seems to ignore my connected RC via USB connection to my Windows computer. But, I am at v 1.1.1.1 as well.

I can fly the drone via the controller but there is not video ... so, kind of cool but still not what I paid for.

Any update on how to fix this?

2016-12-26
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Plus crashes out on the GO app as well , but I can fly it for a while , it usually
crashes out when changing camera settings ,  have to hold the screen button down for
a while to reboot the screen back up , then fly repeat procedure , not what I expected
buying a purpose built DJI device to be , if I could use the other usb port for my ios device
I would , but you cant lol
2016-12-26
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

Same thing here. I did some experimenting, and when I connect my iPhone to the USB port on the controller, the controller tries to import photos and videos from my phone. Meaning the USB port is connected to the tablet. I wonder if I use the micro USB adapter that it came with and connected my phone that way would work. This screen is the ONLY android device I've ever used, I'm gonna rubber band an iPad Mini on top of it if it's the last thing I do!
2016-12-27
Use props
fansb51bca63
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone connected it to their PC and tried DJI Assistant 2? When I do that, nothing comes up for the controller ...

Very frustrating
2016-12-27
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The microUSB adapter is so you can update the Phantom from the RC. If you plug in your phone to that it will do the same as the other port and just act like a media transfer. I really hope they change this in the next firmware release.

The remote won't connect to Assistant 2 either for me although I don't know why we'd need to do that. Firmware upgrades can be done through the microSD port.
2016-12-27
Use props
fansb51bca63
lvl.1
United States

I chatted with DJI Tech Support today and they say a new update for the controller is available ... but is that firmware update 1.1.203 for the controller or the tablet connected to the controller? The Tablet bit says it is up to date (v 1.1.1.1).
2016-12-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

the 1.1.203 is for the aircraft, and I have the app crash also
2016-12-27
Use props
fansb51bca63
lvl.1
United States

Bummer ... so, no work around?
2016-12-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

not yet, but dji is aware of it.
2016-12-27
Use props
fansb51bca63
lvl.1
United States

Is there a place where we can find out information when this fix is coming?

Or, did anyone find a workaround?

My drone is grounded at this point ... what a waste.
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb51bca63
lvl.1
United States

According to DJI Support, the next update for Android should fix this issue. They say it is coming out soon but not committing to a date ... this week/next week/next month.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans0203fdc6
New
Flight distance : 10423 ft
Australia

Took my Phantom 4 Pro Plus out today for the first time and in two batteries the DJI Go app stopped responding maybe 5-6 times. It's very frustrating, I had a lot of stability issues on my old P4 with a Google Pixel and put it down to the phone not being full supported. I did not expect a purpose built controller to be just as unstable.

The controller already had 1.1.1.1 on it out of the box, I didn't have to upgrade at all, there was however an update for the quad itself, but the controller is as it came out of the box.

The other weird thing is it cannot see my WiFi networks at all, the only way I can get internet connectivity on the controller is to set up a hotspot on my phone.
2017-1-8
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had the problems of my own network not being found. I had to borrow my neighbours wifi and update my RC. From that i was able to upgrade to the latest 1.1.1.1.  since upgading i can see my own wifi.

The aircraft I upgraded to 203 via the RC.

Regards to in built screen crashing. i havnt yet flown it. i have not had the time.  but i have had the rc and aircraft connected.  running simulator mode and going through settings etc for quite some time and i havnt experienced a app crash.  

If i try connect my aircraft to DJI assistant. v1.08 .  It usually tries to pick it up as a hard drive and asks what to do with the drive etc.  this is using windows 8.  

2017-1-8
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Another thing i have noticed is the mode shows me Atti in the DJI go app even when I have P selected.  indoors i am only picking up 6 or 7 satelites. this is in my bedroom. maybe that is the reason why.  if i flip over to sport. it does show sport. but in P mode i still only see Atti and the red sign is on showing object sensors are OFF.  hoping to get some time to fly this beast this week and will let you know if being outdoors shows p mode with more satelites.
2017-1-8
Use props
fansddc84240
New

United States

I am having the same problem...After the initial set up, the message keeps popping up: "Unfortunately, DJI Go 4 stopped".  no other button on the screen is functional.  I turned the RC off and on and still the same. I connected the RC to my computer but I don't see an option for exporting the crash file.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans7a94ad06
New

United States

I just received my Phantom 4 Pro+ today in the mail. I opened it up, charged the battery on the controller and the drone. Once both were fully I charged, I turned everything on, registered the drone, and proceeded to click "Go Fly." The app crashed. I checked firmware on controller and drone, updated both. Again, as soon as I click "Go Fly," the app crashes on the Pro+ controller. What am I missing here? Has anyone found a fix for this?

I'd be interested in downgrading the firmware on both the controller and drone. Where can I find the downgraded versions?
2017-1-11
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Did any of you guys send the DJI woman a crash log like she asked for a few times? The crash log will show what is causing your problem.
2017-1-11
Use props
user4d9a27a621
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431880 ft
Australia

i'm really getting sick of all the problems that come with dji at very high prices...about time dji picked up their act
2017-1-12
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guy on youtube did a factory reset on his and it worked fine after that
2017-1-12
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://youtu.be/dQPhQBTmcaM
2017-1-12
Use props
fans7a94ad06
New

United States

Did you ever find a solution?
2017-1-12
Use props
rcheng99
lvl.1

United States

I was able to fix mine by going to settings on the controller and do a 'backup and reset'.  Also, make sure your bird is connected to the RC while doing the reset.
2017-1-12
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Same issues here. After many good flights, now crashing out  Have no idea how I would install new FW anyway...=DJI WHAT IS GOING ON???
2017-1-12
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fans66488b86 Posted at 2017-1-12 02:23
https://youtu.be/dQPhQBTmcaM

Good find!
2017-1-12
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Well. Finally. It held. After 20 attempts. Re set the SD card as per the video. DL the newest FM to the bird. Tomorrow we test
2017-1-12
Use props
daedelus82
New
Flight distance : 10423 ft
Australia

fans66488b86 Posted at 2017-1-12 02:22
Guy on youtube did a factory reset on his and it worked fine after that

I too performed a factory reset on the controller, went through three batteries this morning and no crashes, hopefully it remains that way.
2017-1-13
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

Does the "Backup/Reset" need to be done every time you swap the SD card?  Thanks
2017-1-14
Use props
TroyBoy69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601112 ft
  • >>>
Australia

App keeps crashing on start up with my Pro+ remote, very frustrating as I can't even get into the settings to do a reset.{:4_154:}
2017-1-16
Use props
shiftalc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39318 ft
France

Hi,Someone can tell me if the method works thank you
2017-1-19
Use props
Hawkeye6
lvl.1
United States