Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor idling (loose or missing propeller)
5940 29 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fidimusic
Austria

Hi everyone,

Got my Mavic Yesterday and i started to calibrate everything (IMU, Gymbal, Compas) but on my first flight i got
the following warning: Motor idling (loose or missing propeller) But i did not notice any changes in the flight stability
or anything. All props were installed correctly and i did again the  IMU calibration twice but i still have the warning.

Do you have an advice?

Thanks and happy christmas,

Friedrich
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Friedrich, could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
Our engineers will help to review it.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-26
Use props
fans5fd9c30c
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue with my new mavic. Received on the 23rd of December. Message is constant when flying, does not appear until after takeoff. I'm too afraid to fly it and have been super depressed about it over christmas. I really really hope I dont have to send it back and wait another 8 weeks. I would probably just jump off a cliff honestly. I was so excited to finally get it
2016-12-26
Use props
Fidimusic
Austria

interesting, i received it on the 21st of december. hope its not a big problem. had the bird 2 minutes in the air today, seemed to fly good so far...

@DJI Mindy: thanks a lot, sent you the dropbox link via PM.
2016-12-26
Use props
charding
lvl.1

United States

fans5fd9c30c Posted at 2016-12-26 11:21
I am having the same issue with my new mavic. Received on the 23rd of December. Message is constant when flying, does not appear until after takeoff. I'm too afraid to fly it and have been super depressed about it over christmas. I really really hope I dont have to send it back and wait another 8 weeks. I would probably just jump off a cliff honestly. I was so excited to finally get it

I tried downgrading to the previous firmware on the controller and mavic, but it didn't change the error. Hope this info is useful to support.
2016-12-26
Use props
charding
lvl.1

United States

After having really bad experiences with online chat support and phone support, I have created a ticket and am sending mine back for repair. I have to say, I am disappointed in the process. I understand sometimes there are manufacturing defects, but my experience trying to get an exchange or repair done has so far been confusing and aggravating. After paying $1300 and waiting patiently for 8 weeks, my defective Mavic should have been dealt with quickly and painlessly. DJI should have, like every other respectable high tech manufacturer, emailed me a shipping label and shipped me a replacement as soon as they received it. Instead, I had to go through a time wasting process dealing with online chat, then take it upon myself to create a support ticket and send it in for some ambiguous amount of time to REPAIR it. I shouldn't have to be repairing it. For what I paid and how long I waited, receiving it defective should get me a new replacement within days. Just my 2 cents. I should say I am impressed with the rest of the build quality of the Mavic.
2016-12-27
Use props
Fidimusic
Germany

just got answer from email support today, they said that i have to change the propellers and if that does not work i have to send it back.

@DJI Mindy, did you receive any information from analysing the flight logs?
2016-12-27
Use props
Fidimusic
Austria

charding Posted at 2016-12-27 16:49
After having really bad experiences with online chat support and phone support, I have created a ticket and am sending mine back for repair. I have to say, I am disappointed in the process. I understand sometimes there are manufacturing defects, but my experience trying to get an exchange or repair done has so far been confusing and aggravating. After paying $1300 and waiting patiently for 8 weeks, my defective Mavic should have been dealt with quickly and painlessly. DJI should have, like every other respectable high tech manufacturer, emailed me a shipping label and shipped me a replacement as soon as they received it. Instead, I had to go through a time wasting process dealing with online chat, then take it upon myself to create a support ticket and send it in for some ambiguous amount of time to REPAIR it. I shouldn't have to be repairing it. For what I paid and how long I waited, receiving it defective should get me a new replacement within days. Just my 2 cents. I should say I am impressed with the rest of the build quality of the Mavic.

yes, i totally agree with your opinion. Email support was useless in this case, they said that i have to send the mavic back to get it repaired after 2 month waiting cause of the delayed delivery. Please DJI Mindy, anything new from the Flight Logs? I hope that its only a software error/sensor failure and i hope that i dont have to send this great drone back to wait another month to get it repaired...
2016-12-28
Use props
Fidimusic
Austria

charding Posted at 2016-12-27 07:49

so since i got no update and DJI Mindy disappeared completely, did you get any new information about your replacement or the failure?
2016-12-31
Use props
Fidimusic
Austria

fans5fd9c30c Posted at 2016-12-26 08:21

so since i got no update and DJI Mindy disappeared completely, did you get any new information about your replacement or the failure? what did you do in the end? what did the support said?
2016-12-31
Use props
Fidimusic
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-26 01:23
Hello Friedrich, could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?

@DJI Mindy:

Did you receive the flight logs i sent last week? is there anything you can tell me
after analysing the logs?
2017-1-2
Use props
charding
lvl.1

United States

Fidimusic Posted at 2016-12-31 01:00
so since i got no update and DJI Mindy disappeared completely, did you get any new information about your replacement or the failure?

Nothing new yet. Still waiting.
When I created an RMA MYSELF after receiving disgusting support from DJI, they did send me a shipping label. Unfortunately they seemed to find the world's slowest crap UPS service, so even though I mailed it out over a week ago, they still haven't received it yet. I will keep you posted. This is ridiculous. I cannot believe the garbage support a company like DJI has. I DID NOTHING WRONG. I RECEIVED A DEFECTIVE $1300 PRODUCT. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO RESOLVE THIS YESTERDAY.

I am creating a new youtube channel and filing a better business bureau complaint to chronicle this debacle. Let me know if you want to contribute.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fidimusic Posted at 2017-1-2 01:05
@DJI Mindy:

Did you receive the flight logs i sent last week? is there anything you can tell me

Sorry for the late reply.
Since you didn't click the reply button, I cannot see you are responding to me.
And I didn't receive your PM. I'll send a PM to you.
Please let me know if you can receive it.
2017-1-3
Use props
Fidimusic
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 19:29
Sorry for the late reply.
Since you didn't click the reply button, I cannot see you are responding to me.
And I didn't receive your PM. I'll send a PM to you.

Thanks for you answer! I sent you the DP Link via PM, did you receive everything?
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

charding Posted at 2017-1-3 16:12
Nothing new yet. Still waiting.
When I created an RMA MYSELF after receiving disgusting support from DJI, they did send me a shipping label. Unfortunately they seemed to find the world's slowest crap UPS service, so even though I mailed it out over a week ago, they still haven't received it yet. I will keep you posted. This is ridiculous. I cannot believe the garbage support a company like DJI has. I DID NOTHING WRONG. I RECEIVED A DEFECTIVE $1300 PRODUCT. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO RESOLVE THIS YESTERDAY WTF GET IT DONE NOW NOW GET IT FCKING DONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you pleased provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fidimusic Posted at 2017-1-4 06:56
Thanks for you answer! I sent you the DP Link via PM, did you receive everything?

Would you please provide us the screenshots for the error message and the firmware version number on "About" page in DJI GO APP? thanks.What mobile device you are using as well?
We've transferred the flight data you provided to our engineers for analysis.
2017-1-5
Use props
charding
lvl.1

United States

I have an update
The return label was seriously slow. Took 8 days from new york to CA. Once it was delivered, it was about 1 business day for unpacking, which is in line with what DJI said. About a day later I received an email that they were looking at it. Only a few hours later I received another email detailing that my Mavic qualified for free repair (what a load off my mind. I was so worried they would give me the run around some more.) They detailed the repair, which involved replacing the main board and 1 hour of labor, all of which was covered under warranty since it was not damaged.
It was a huge relief to receive that information. The site says it will be a few more days. I do hope they ship it out using a faster service than the return label was. Overall, I am so relieved to see the light at the end of this nightmare tunnel.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

charding Posted at 2017-1-6 07:42
I have an update
The return label was seriously slow. Took 8 days from new york to CA. Once it was delivered, it was about 1 business day for unpacking, which is in line with what DJI said. About a day later I received an email that they were looking at it. Only a few hours later I received another email detailing that my Mavic qualified for free repair (what a load off my mind. I was so worried they would give me the run around some more.) They detailed the repair, which involved replacing the main board and 1 hour of labor, all of which was covered under warranty since it was not damaged.
It was a huge relief to receive that information. The site says it will be a few more days. I do hope they ship it out using a faster service than the return label was. Overall, I am so relieved to see the light at the end of this nightmare tunnel.

Very glad to hear everything goes fine recently, thanks for your update!
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fidimusic Posted at 2017-1-4 06:56

Hello Fidimusic, there's only flight records in your link.
Our engineers need the flight data for review.
Could you please follow the video tutorial and find the flight data via DJI Assistant?
2017-1-10
Use props
Fidimusic
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 23:56
Hello Fidimusic, there's only flight records in your link.
Our engineers need the flight data for review.
Could you please follow the video tutorial and find the flight data via DJI Assistant?

thanks DJI Mindy, but i sent it back to get it repaired last week. Since i had to pay for the shipping by myself, i havent heard from DJI since a week. Will keep you and everyone updated on the repair status.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fidimusic Posted at 2017-1-11 05:56
thanks DJI Mindy, but i sent it back to get it repaired last week. Since i had to pay for the shipping by myself, i havent heard from DJI since a week. Will keep you and everyone updated on the repair status.

Could you please provide me with the case number?
I'll help to check on it.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans75c7cbb0
New

Japan

motor idling warning in phantom please give me some advice
2017-1-21
Use props
fans75c7cbb0
New

Japan

2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans75c7cbb0 Posted at 2017-1-21 03:57

Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have?
Please ensure that you install the propellers correctly.
2017-1-23
Use props
JoeBoxer
lvl.1

Canada

Hello.

Just received my Mavic Pro today and very first attempt to fly I'm getting the same warning message: Motor idling (loose or missing propeller).  It appears as soon as I take flight with the drone. However, all motor system and propellers appear to be working normally.  I have tried changing all propellers, changed mobile phones, re-installed the app, re-calibrated IMU, completed firmware updates, and even reset to factory default. This message always persists.

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

Regards,
Joe
2017-2-2
Use props
Fischxxx1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5427 ft
United States

Same problem here got the Mavic yesterday took it out the first time today and had the same Warnings the whole flight checked the props took them off and put them back on same warnings again even after calbrating all sensors. Please advice ... this shouldnot happen after spending 1300$
2017-3-17
Use props
Fischxxx1
lvl.1
United States

I am just curious if there is anybody working on this issue ?? Is it a common issue ?? ... is it a firmware issue ? Any information ??

THX
2017-3-20
Use props
Fischxxx1
lvl.1
United States

Talked to the Support ... looks like this is a common issue and the technicians  are working on it .. have to send back the drone.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans1a00807e
lvl.1
Japan

I have the phantom 3 4k, and once I upgraded to the latest drone firmware I get the same error Motor idling (loose or missing propeller). I havent changed props yet, as Im still trying to figure this one out. I think its a firmware issue. I got all my logfiles downloaded today for the last 10 flights and it definetely happened after I got the latest drone firmware updated. Im gonna try with a different set of props, and as far as I can see, its right after takeoff while hovering the error message pops up. I have one flight where it happened 5 minutes in, but also hovering. Aircraft is very responsive, and I did IMU and compass calibration after the update about 2 weeks ago.
2017-5-1
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Hi Fans I see that you resolved the challenge with your post on the phantom forum. Good job and thanks for sharing  http://forum.dji.com/thread-94820-1-1.html
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules