Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile + iPhone 6S Plus - Battery Usage
1582 3 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

I've been trialing the above combination and have in general liked the OSMO Mobile, however, the real issue that I have encountered and tested further is the heavy drain on the iPhone battery that I experienced.  For example:
videoing with the DJI GO app (either 4K or 1080p) - 3 mins video drops the battery by ~12% from 100%
videoing with FILMIC Pro (either 4K or 1080p) - 3 mins video drops the battery by ~12% from 100%

whereas videoing with the native Apple camera app (blue tooth connected) - 3 mins ~1-2% battery drop

Also today I was out videoing (admitedly cold ~2degC) and after 5 mins videoing ~15 clips the iPhone shut down completely and only restarted with a battery connected but on restarting showed 40% battery remaining.  This happened repeatedly and the error logs show that it shut down due to low power (@42% 3478mV).

Any ideas why I would be seeing these issues?

Cheers.
2016-12-27
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Nearly the same in my case, I'm wondering!!!
2017-5-26
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There is a product recall/repair for iPhone 6s/6splus which fixes the battery shutdown error.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

The cold has nothing to do with the Osmo.  The iPhone hates the cold.  I regularly go hunting with my iphone in a lifeproof case and if I haven't kept it by my side it will report 0% battery suddenly.  Takes a while to warm it up and then gradually the battery will skyrocket.  One thing you could do is get the iphone as warm as possible without making it hot before filming with it.  Also switch it to Airplane mode and enable just bluetooth when using it with the Osmo.  The other thing I do is switch the display to manual and turn it right down.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules