Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Couple of weird issues with my Phantom 4
958 7 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

Kinda annoyed right now, as after spending 45 mins outside with my P4 ive had to come in without even taking off!

Basically, when I turned everything on and connected as I normally do, I got a message telling me that I needed to update the firmware. No problem I thought, as ive done this loads of times before. First attempt failed, with the error message that the Phantom was disconnected.... It was connected just fine... So I tried it again, this time it got to 5%, where it just sat for 15 mins, and then failed again. Same reason. So I turned everything off, took battery out of the Phantom and put it back in. Restarted tablet (NVIDIA Shield K1), turned controller back on etc....This time when I load up the DJI Go app, it tells me my firmware is of the latest version! What the heck!!

No problem I thought, however I have now noticed a couple of strange issues that were not there before! Firstly, I have a small red warning near the top of my screen, telling me there is something partially blocking the front VPS. Which there isnt. I even cleaned the 2 sensors with a microfibre cloth. VPS appears to have now turned itself off until this issue is fixed. Secondly, there appears to be an issue with the maps. Normally before a flight I would cache my maps so I can turn on aeroplane mode during flight. However when I choose the "terrain" option, the one that gives you all the trees etc, it simply doesnt cache the map. Its like GPS and WiFi are turned off and it cant download the mapping data. So there is just a blue blob in the middle of a big sea of nothingness.

Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks.

2016-12-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I see its not just me having the map issue - http://forum.dji.com/thread-77075-1-1.html

Have DJI changed something on the app with regards to the maps??

Thanks.
2016-12-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
United Kingdom

UPDATE - From conducting more of my own research. I have found this thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72876-2-1.html

Which I believe may explain my mapping issue. It would seem DJI have updated the DJI GO app to use "Here Maps" (never even heard of them before) rather than Google Maps. Much to the disappointment of everyone it would seem, myself included.

Thanks.
2016-12-27
Use props
magicman
lvl.1

United States

that was quick!  thank you for tip
2016-12-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No problem. But I still have that VPS issue :-(
2016-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The small red warning at the top of the screen usually indicates the VPS is not operating because of low light conditions.
It would probably be a good idea to calibrate the VPS using DJI Assistant 2 Application on a PC or Mac.
2016-12-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-27 22:42
The small red warning at the top of the screen usually indicates the VPS is not operating because of low light conditions.
It would probably be a good idea to calibrate the VPS using DJI Assistant 2 Application on a PC or Mac.

Interesting. Now that you say that, I think I caught a fleeting glimpse of a message on my tablet screen referencing low light! I have flown at night before however, and never received such a warning, I wonder why only now? Possibly due to a firmware upgrade along the way that coded this warning in?

Thanks.
2016-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2016-12-27 22:54
Interesting. Now that you say that, I think I caught a fleeting glimpse of a message on my tablet screen referencing low light! I have flown at night before however, and never received such a warning, I wonder why only now? Possibly due to a firmware upgrade along the way that coded this warning in?

Thanks.

Neither VPS nor Obstacle Avoidance will work in low light (night) conditions.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules