DJI After-sale service issue
955 8 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maurice Marques
lvl.1

United States

My first Phantom 3 was purchased 1 month ago and the battery stopped working in less than a month of usage, around 10 flights.
I should have asked WalMart for a replacement but decided to play nice with DJI and contacted their after-sale only to my regret.

The battery was shipped over 1 week ago and arrived to their facility yesterday. I sent the proof of purchase with all details requested and a video showing the battery problem, which would give them all the information to ship me a replacement battery.

However instead of quickly fixing the problem, I got an answer after hours of calls and waiting on the phone, that the battery will be analyzed and I will receive a feedback in 5 to 7 business days. So considering the transportation time, I am looking in a down for parts drone for around a month if all goes well.

I contacted their Facebook page in a PM but didn't get any reply.
I tried some calls to after-sale trying to get a faster resolution, but didn't get satisfactory answers.

I don't consider the situation acceptable due to the fact that the drone only worked for less than a month. I was very careful with all flights, learned with the manual and tutorial videos before first flight and never crashed.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry for the inconvenience caused, we understand how frustrated it must be, we'll help you escalate the case and handle it soon.
Thanks for your support again!
2016-12-28
Use props
Maurice Marques
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the feedback Natalia, after this post, 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting on the phone with no answer and some messages through Facebook I got some replies yesterday and it looks like my battery was already evaluated and a new one will be shipped in within 3 days (according to the latest e-mail).
2016-12-29
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
China

Maurice Marques Posted at 2016-12-29 05:50
Thank you for the feedback Natalia, after this post, 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting on the phone with no answer and some messages through Facebook I got some replies yesterday and it looks like my battery was already evaluated and a new one will be shipped in within 3 days (according to the latest e-mail). I wish the process was leaner, as an example, if everything was already verified why it takes 3 business days for a replacement battery to be shipped?

I don't know why you are comlaining, three business day is so fast turn around time. You are not the only customer asking for service.
2016-12-29
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Slow Down Posted at 2016-12-29 08:45
I don't know why you are comlaining, three business day is so fast turn around time. You are not the only customer asking for service.

Preposterous ! You're telling us that the universe doesn't revolve around Maurice? Nice try kid .... that battery should of been there a year before Maurice even had a P3. I'm upset i did not see this thread earlier .. i would have sent my P3 battery.

Whats with this analysis of warranty claims ? I certainly hope DJI isn't inferring that people might possibly Lie for personal benefit.

May maurice have mercy on our souls.   
2016-12-29
Use props
Maurice Marques
lvl.1

United States

It is not 3 business days, it is 3 business days after 8 days waiting on a shipment, a confirmation of arrival and an evaluation that should not take more than 5 minutes due to the fact that the battery is clearly not operational anymore.

I think the timeline should be improved but the most annoying issue is the lack of information, assistance and capacity of the support. It seems like they have only 1 person to get all the calls and not very well trained, or they have a lack of documentation/procedures for this person to follow.

So to complete I am complaining about the support department and the fact that the battery died in less than a month, within less than 10 flights for no apparent reason and nobody provides any explanation, all you can do is wait on their timeline to get a replacement.

I am sorry if it sounded like I am entitled, too demanding or spoiled, if you knew me better you probably wouldn't have this image of myself. I have been working for half of my life and always loved drones, but waited a lot to get my hands on an older model just because it was cheaper on black Friday, I was exited about flying it and disappointed by not having the battery anymore.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The battery has already shipped out, Hope you can receive it soon and enjoy your aircraft.
Our support said it would take about 1 week for the whole process rather than just an feedback, very sorry if any confusion caused, and we keep improving our service, thanks for your support!
2016-12-29
Use props
Maurice Marques
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the feedback and for keeping up with my case Natalia, that was a great follow up.
In the end I believe the process took a fair time and was processed with good care and exceeded my expectations.

Thank you!
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Maurice Marques Posted at 2016-12-30 06:33
Thanks for the feedback and for keeping up with my case Natalia, that was a great follow up.
In the end I believe the process took a fair time and was processed with good care and exceeded my expectations.

No problem, glad to hear everything goes fine, enjoy your aircraft and feel free to contact us for any further questions.
2017-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules