Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pre-flight
3684 23 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dandmpetro.emai
lvl.1

United States

Not trying to put anyone out by any means but perhaps It would be good if someone would write up the real world version of a pre-flight checklist.

I've read the DJI version but it seems a though some of you have more experience than some of them.  If you find the time PLEASE.

2015-2-13
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I posted one some time ago and so did another guy if you wanna search for it I'm sure you will find it When I get some time I could go back and write it out again........

Mike
2015-2-13
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

Here's a preflight checklist sticker that you can apply to your transmitter that was created by mariovelloso.

Add here's the list that Mike created:

Preflight Check list.
Make Sure you've taken a picture with you and your address incase of fly away. Stored on Card
Make Sure Batteries Are Fully Chargedin Both TX and A/C
Power On TX
Power On A/C
Load DJI App
Exit Storage Mode via the app
Power Off A/C
Attach Camera
Install Props & Prop locks when weget them.
If winter set outside for a few minutesto get Acculamated to Temp.
Power On A/C
Calibrate Compass
Set Fail Safe Height
Set RTH
Power up motors if in winter to allowmotors to warm up for a minute or so.
Inspire Checklist.jpg
2015-2-13
Use props
krusher
lvl.1

Philippines

after #18, dont forget to push the "record button" LOL...  I usually forget it....
2015-2-13
Use props
dandmpetro.emai
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all so much.  
2015-2-14
Use props
pidetectives.ya
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check props for cracks and make sure the are tight on
2015-2-14
Use props
UM305
lvl.4

United States

Compilation of some post

Make Sure Batteries Are Fully Charged in Both TX and A/C
Verify Mode P/A/F
Power On TX
Power On A/C
Load DJI App
Power Off A/C
Attach Camera
Install Props & Prop locks when we get them.
Power On A/C
Check For cleanest Channel
Calibrate compass before every flight, even if I just change batteries
Check IMU Calibration .99 - 1.01
Set Fail Safe Height
Point Antennas Correctly on TX
Power up motors if in winter to allow motors to warm up for a minute or so.
Set home point just before take-off, with motors in idle, (Set to Craft), making sure there is good GPS lock
Take off Manually, hover for 20 seconds at 10 meters, (30 ft) and wait for the GPS to re-lock
Execute a 4 axis little jiggle manoeuvre at 10 meters(30 ft) to make sure forward, sideways, yaw and pitch operates normally, and inputs are equal to craft response.
Raise the landing gear, and fly off...
Then enjoy your flight
2015-2-15
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Here is my revised pre-flight check list. Some might say it's to long but this is what I do and have 39 flights under my belt with out incident as well. It's my 5k investment lol if you figure all the batteries and what not

Make Sure Picture and Address are on memory card in the event of fly away.
Make Sure Batteries Are Fully Charged in Both TX and A/C
Memory Cards and Cables
Verify Mode P/A/F
Power On TX
Power On A/C
Load DJI App
Enable Airplane Mode in IPAD
Turn Off Wi-Fi Mode in IPAD
Turn Cell Phone off
Power Off A/C
Attach Camera
Install Props & Prop locks.
If its winter set outside for a few minutes to get acculamated to Temp.
Power On TX & A/C in this order.
Check For cleanest Video Channel.
Calibrate Compass
Check IMU Calibration  .99 - 1.01
Set Fail Safe Height
Set RTH For A/C or TX
Point Antennas Correctly on TX
Power up motors if in winter to allow motors to warm up for a minute or so.
Take A/C up to about 10ft and move a little left and right, forward and aft. Making sure that there is no drifting going on and gets a good GPS lock.
Then put up your gear and enjoy your flight ☺

The whole process doesn’t take that long once you get use to doing it. I no someone here said that brushless motors don’t need to be warmed up but it’s just something I do. If anyone has anything to add to it leave a comment as I'm always welcome to others view points thanks for looking. Someone brought up this weekend about testing batteries and I was guilty of not testing mine but I will test every new battery from this point forward.

Mike
2015-2-15
Use props
dbeck.promobox
Second Officer

United States

Great list, A small Question.  When you put the  mini into Airplane mode, doesn't that automatically turn off the Wifi anyway?
2015-2-15
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

dbeck.promobox Posted at 2015-2-15 23:26
Great list, A small Question.  When you put the  mini into Airplane mode, doesn't that automatically ...

True the mini with the airplane mode enabled and it will turn off the wi-fi but I can over ride that and turn the wifi back on. So I double check to make sure that I didn't turn it back on. As I think back I double checked that my maps were cached and it wasn't so I added the maps before walking out the door and forgot to turn the wi-fi back off. So with that said I now always double check it as I'm a bone head
2015-2-15
Use props
dbeck.promobox
Second Officer

United States

Good advise  Thanks
2015-2-15
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out Mike's list. He did a fine job with this and mine are already printed and on my Inspire Controller.
2015-2-15
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-16 00:41
Check out Mike's list. He did a fine job with this and mine are already printed and on my Inspire Co ...

Thanks Rodger but it's all collection of information that I put together and got from others on the forum... Not dinging DJI but something like this would go along way if it was put into print in there quick start guide and user manual. I'm sure it's not as it might leave room for someone to come back and say I did what you said and it still ?????? who knows.

It might even go along way to put a sticky at the top of the forum with a collection of Pre-flight checklists from everyone that posts one. That way it could give new users and current users a good place to start before just charging everything up and throwing it into the air.....

I don't have a ton of replaceable $$$$ so I have to do everything I can do to protect my investment   It's all about EVERYONE enjoying the experience!!!!

Mike

PS DJI moderators DJI could even put a disclaimer at the top use at your own risk or what ever!! Call it Pre-Flight Checklists "compilations of different user pre-flight checklists"
2015-2-15
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

krusher Posted at 2015-2-14 11:20
after #18, dont forget to push the "record button" LOL...  I usually forget it....

Did this in Canada with incredible views, omg I was so pissed at myself! It's like leaving a lens cap on years ago! Luckily I got a second chance to go again!
2015-2-15
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

MainlineAerial Posted at 2015-2-16 02:32
Did this in Canada with incredible views, omg I was so pissed at myself! It's like leaving a lens  ...

Yes I have to forgot to do that when I'm switching from photo to video I always make sure that I see the time running after I hit the button lol....

Mike
2015-2-15
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

dbeck.promobox Posted at 2015-2-15 23:26
Great list, A small Question.  When you put the  mini into Airplane mode, doesn't that automatically ...

When you go into Airplane Mode  you are turning off your cell connection bot test and calling. The Wifi will stay on if you have it enabled but you don't need the Wi-Fi as you have a cable connection to the controller.
2015-2-15
Use props
dbeck.promobox
Second Officer

United States

Roger. Thanks
2015-2-15
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

That's whats great about this forum! There are enough people that actually use the a/c and have some knowledge that they are willing to share!!!!! I hope the checklist helps someone out Then it was all good

Mike
2015-2-15
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.4

United States

Just received this "ERROR" message "Deserializer Disconnected"
Call for repairs

Any idea what would cause this or how to fix it?
2015-2-16
Use props
scooterlam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

I've read in some peoples posts that if using your inspire in single op, that you should have your Tx setting to "OFF" and not Master to avoid possible issues. Is this true?
2015-2-16
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

I don't remember how it came shipped? I guess you could maybe reset everything back to default settings and see where it goes? I would like to here an answer to that question as well...

Mike
2015-2-16
Use props
dandmpetro.emai
lvl.1

United States

I was amazed to get so much help with this post.  You all have been great
2015-2-16
Use props
pandppurchase
lvl.4

United Kingdom

scooterlam Posted at 2015-2-17 04:45
I've read in some peoples posts that if using your inspire in single op, that you should have your T ...

Correct, set to off
2015-2-17
Use props
dbeck.promobox
Second Officer

United States

So here's a thought.  When I fly the PTV2, when I have changed locations and in need of compass cali, I leave the phone. keys, etc.on the table walk out into the open do the 'dance.'  Then I power down, walk back to the table (maybe 50 feet) and do the rest of my pre-flight routine. Walk back to the open spot, and power up etc.,  Why do you guys with the inspire (at least according to the list) do the compass cali after all the other stuff is done?
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules