Gimbal disconnected after new firmware update v1.10.90
2918 16 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse83901e4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Need help since latest firmware update please. v1.10.90

I have a Phantom 3 advanced which has worked perfectly until I updated the firmware. The drone is 7 months old with about 3 hours flying time.

When turned on the gimbal goes through cycle process fine and works as it should. But there is no green light or red light on the gimbal. I have tried using different SD cards.

On the app on ipad mini it says NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL and there is no camera picture on screen. This is also the same with a Samsung Galaxy 6 edge phone.

When I go into the settings it says gimbal disconnected and also there is no sd card data. There is also no information on the battery condition in settings just showing empty cells. There is a percentage on the home screen with remaining capacity.   

When the drone is turned off the red battery indicator flashes for about 10 seconds before the drone powers down.

Very occasionally (I've cycled the power about 20 times since update and its happened once) the image of camera comes up and the green light comes on the gimbal and when powering down the image goes black and white. When powered back up the frozen image is still there on the APP screen in black and white.

If anyone can help without having it to be sent off.  Can the firmware be reinstalled??  

There is also a hairline crack on one of the arms which is disappointing as it has had very little use with no hard landings.      
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to format the SD card or change another SD card firstly, then put the bin file into the root of SD card and upgrade it again.
If still the same case, please export the upgrading log for us as the instruction below:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.

2016-12-28
Use props
fanse83901e4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can I ask how I upgrade again? Will putting the BIN file into route directory force it to re load the firmware?
2016-12-29
Use props
fanse83901e4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I deleted the result file after upgrade as it said 'success'.

Is it still hidden somewhere?
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse83901e4 Posted at 2016-12-29 01:11
Can I ask how I upgrade again? Will putting the BIN file into route directory force it to re load the firmware?

Just format the SD card, put the bin file into the root of SD card, then power on aircraft after you put SD card back into the aircraft.
The upgrading process is the same as before.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse83901e4 Posted at 2016-12-29 01:19
I deleted the result file after upgrade as it said 'success'.

Is it still hidden somewhere?

If you did not format the SD card after upgrading, the file should be there, please have a try to check it as the instruction.
Then you can try to power off the aircraft, unplug the pin cables attached to the gimbal, wait for a while then plug them in again and check the performance.
2016-12-29
Use props
fanse83901e4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

unfortunately I formatted the sd card before trying to re install the last firmware. Ive formatted the sd card and tried 3 different ones but it wont update when I power on. Checked all the cables and they are seated correctly.

I do have a flight log from yesterday if that helps. Is there a way of going back to previous firmware and trying again?
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse83901e4 Posted at 2016-12-29 02:42
unfortunately I formatted the sd card before trying to re install the last firmware. Ive formatted the sd card and tried 3 different ones but it wont update when I power on. Checked all the cables and they are seated correctly.

I do have a flight log from yesterday if that helps. Is there a way of going back to previous firmware and trying again?

If in that case, the best course of action would be send it in for further evaluation by our engineers.
The firmware cannot be downgraded after upgrading to V1.10.90, you could check it here : http://forum.dji.com/thread-73936-1-1.html

Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you to send it in:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-29
Use props
fanse83901e4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK will do Natalia thankyou
2016-12-30
Use props
Tiago Arii
New

French Polynesia

I have exactly the same problem but when I try to upgrade the gimbal starts normally and after 2 minutes she makes a weird noise and the led becomes red continuous.
when I upgrade to v1.10.09 the result file after upgrade as it said 'success'.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tiago Arii Posted at 2017-1-1 13:20
I have exactly the same problem but when I try to upgrade the gimbal starts normally and after 2 minutes she makes a weird noise and the led becomes red continuous.

After finish the upgrading process, how about the led status on the gimbal camera? it's solid green or not?
Since it shows "Success", have you tried to restart the aircraft and calibrate it then check again?
Also you can turn it off, unplug the pin cables attached to gimbal, wait for a while, then plug them tightly again.
2017-1-1
Use props
KevinDrone3
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 19:54
Please try to format the SD card or change another SD card firstly, then put the bin file into the root of SD card and upgrade it again.
If still the same case, please export the upgrading log for us as the instruction below:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.

I received a P3P Drone last week and have yet to fly it outside.  I am getting a 'No image transmission signal' on my app.  Everything appears to be working correctly. I tried reformatting the SD card. Would this also work for the error I am having?
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KevinDrone3 Posted at 2017-1-1 19:21
I received a P3P Drone last week and have yet to fly it outside.  I am getting a 'No image transmission signal' on my app.  Everything appears to be working correctly. I tried reformatting the SD card. Would this also work for the error I am having?

What mobile device you are using? you have the error message from the first time you flew it?
Please check the firmware version on "About" page. it's appreciated if you can upload a screenshot for the error here, thanks.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tiago Arii Posted at 2017-1-1 13:20

We just received an e-mail from you, may I know when and where you bought the aircraft?
If you bought it from a dealer, have you contacted him to help you with this case?
The SN number you provided is not complete, there are two lines, please double check it.
2017-1-2
Use props
fanse83901e4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just received  back from service and repaired and returned in very quick time thank you for your help Natalia
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse83901e4 Posted at 2017-1-17 09:40
Just received  back from service and repaired and returned in very quick time thank you for your help Natalia

Glad to hear that, enjoy it!
2017-1-19
Use props
fansde558717
New
Flight distance : 1065420 ft

Vietnam

Hello, i have same problem but i can't reinstall firmware.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules