Will Art Mode be reinstated?
12Next >
3276 41 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

I read somewhere that it was removed by mistake, then somewhere else that it had been renamed (but it hasn't). Has it gone for good?
2016-12-28
Use props
fanse0aa9054
lvl.1

Indonesia

Yeah,hope it's back soon, why would DJI remove their best filming mode?
2016-12-28
Use props
clecla
lvl.1

United States

I've been waiting for an update on this for weeks.   DJI support said they would email me about an update almost 2 weeks ago
2016-12-28
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

There was a new firmware update on 12/26 and the Go 4 app has had an update during the last few days too. There is now a new Cinematic mode (not sure if this is a renamed "Art" mode, but it is nice and smooth with reduced braking when you let off the sticks. It's a bit like being in Atti, but doesn't keep drifting. It's faster than Tripod mode. I used it for the first time yesterday and I quite liked it.
2016-12-28
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Jimney Posted at 2016-12-28 20:52
There was a new firmware update on 12/26 and the Go 4 app has had an update during the last few days too. There is now a new Cinematic mode (not sure if this is a renamed "Art" mode, but it is nice and smooth with reduced braking when you let off the sticks. It's a bit like being in Atti, but doesn't keep drifting. It's faster than Tripod mode. I used it for the first time yesterday and I quite liked it.

No, that's completely different. Art mode is a color mode.
2016-12-28
Use props
MΔRK!!!
lvl.1

United States

Jimney Posted at 2016-12-28 21:52

I had Cinematic mode before the update.

But like someone else has stated Art is a color mode like D-Log etc.
2016-12-28
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was certainly a nice option to use and some LUTs were available for it (I have them!)
I also read that it was supposed to be a mistake when it vanished and would return with next firmware but that hasn't happened [sad face]
2016-12-29
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Anyone from DJI care to comment on this?
2016-12-30
Use props
fansd9e3707d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 750095 ft
Slovakia

I bougt mavic also because of that art picture style, I want to know more, DJI explain to customers.
2016-12-31
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

What do you say, DJI-Ken? Is it unreasonable for us to ask whether or not it will be reinstated? It was one of the most popular modes and it was suddenly removed with no explanation.
2016-12-31
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

fansd9e3707d Posted at 2016-12-31 06:06
I bougt mavic also because of that art picture style, I want to know more, DJI explain to customers.

You bought the Mavic because of one specific color mode? How did you even know it existed before you bought your Mavic?
2016-12-31
Use props
Joshua Carlton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the litchi app, you can choose 'art' or any of the other color profiles and it will save it in the Go app. Easy work around until DJI fixes it in a firmware update.
2016-12-31
Use props
Joshua Carlton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could also downgrade firmware, select the art profile, then upgrade and art will be selected. Just don't change color profiles or you will have to redo the steps.
2016-12-31
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Joshua Carlton Posted at 2016-12-31 19:44
If you have the litchi app, you can choose 'art' or any of the other color profiles and it will save it in the Go app. Easy work around until DJI fixes it in a firmware update.

There's no word from DJI on whether they're going to fix it or not. Initially the representatives in this forum said  it would be reinstated. Now they're not saying anything.
2017-1-1
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269245 ft
United States

Its back in the latest firmware upgrade.
2017-1-1
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-1-1 14:45

Which update are you referring to?
2017-1-1
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Perhaps DJI Mindy would like to comment. I think she was the one who said it was removed by mistake, and then that it had been renamed.
2017-1-4
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

You can get it back if you need it:
1) Through Litchi app
2) Install older firmware (Where ar was), set Art mode and install latest firmware. You will see None profile, but actually it will be Art so far you will not change it
2017-1-4
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849367 ft
United Kingdom

Wish i had a chance to try it out, i might do the firmware trick when i get my mavic back
2017-1-5
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Andrejs Posted at 2017-1-4 23:43
You can get it back if you need it:
1) Through Litchi app
2) Install older firmware (Where ar was), set Art mode and install latest firmware. You will see None profile, but actually it will be Art so far you will not change it

I realise that, Andrejs. I don't understand why DJI I forcing me to buy a 3rd-party app to run a profile created by DJI on a DJI drone. If I install an older version of the firmware, I will lose the new functionality added in the more recent releases.

I don't understand why DJI staff are ignoring this thread. It is a reasonable question, framed in a polite manner. Art is by far the most popular and recommended profile among knowledgeable film-makers. DJI removed it for no apparent reason and are now ignoring all requests for further information.

It is absolutely typical of the way they do business and they way they treat their customers. It is why they have such an appalling reputation for customer service. It is why people will flock away from DJI in droves if another manufacturer releases viable alternatives to DJI products.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi all, "Art Mode" has not been removed, after upgrading the APP, you will get the new naming for different modes, which shows film-A, B, C.
We're also concerned about your feedback, will improve it and hope you have great experiences.
2017-1-5
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Latvia

flipside Posted at 2017-1-5 02:59
I realise that, Andrejs. I don't understand why DJI I forcing me to buy a 3rd-party app to run a profile created by DJI on a DJI drone. If I install an older version of the firmware, I will lose the new functionality added in the more recent releases.

I don't understand why DJI staff are ignoring this thread. It is a reasonable question, framed in a polite manner. Art is by far the most popular and recommended profile among knowledgeable film-makers. DJI removed it for no apparent reason and are now ignoring all requests for further information.

No, you shouldn't stay in old firmware.
You just need to install old, set Art profile and than you can install latest firmware. You will see than that you have None profile, but actually it will be Art profile (If you will select other profile and than back None than you will loose fake None profile as Art )
Hope you understand what I mean.
What about DJI, someone wrote from DJI here in forum that this is mistake that they removed Art profile. Why they not made it back? I don't know
2017-1-5
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Yes, I understand that. At least there is a workaround, of sorts, but it doesn't excuse the way DJI is treating people who have spent more than $1000 dollars on a product they claim is designed for film-makers.
2017-1-5
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-5 03:09
Hi all, "Art Mode" has not been removed, after upgrading the APP, you will get the new naming for different modes, which shows film-A, B, C.
We're also concerned about your feedback, will improve it and hope you have great experiences.

Which of the new names is the equivalent to the old Art profile?
2017-1-5
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Yes, please answer Jason's question, DJI Natalia. I've seen varios reviews and videos which state that none of the new names is equivalent to the Art.
2017-1-5
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is simply not true, none of the film modes now are the same as Art was until it was mysteriously removed.
It is completely bizarre to deliberately remove a preset which was unanimously declared to be the best choice if you like to do your own colour grading later.
2017-1-5
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Latvia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-5 03:29
Which of the new names is the equivalent to the old Art profile?

Right now there no profile equal to Art
2017-1-5
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The colour styles are also give names now - not just letters?
There doesn't seem to be much hope of sensible dialogue about re-instating the Art preset if DJI is going to pretend it is still there.
2017-1-5
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft
United States

This is a bummer. The update back in December that removed Art mode but added Film A, B, C, etc I assumed Film A was art mode. I've since forgotten about it, but also felt weird about the mode. Everyone's comments here clearly show that Film A is not Art mode. Quite disappointing that I have all this footage in a mode that I don't even understand what it is. I'll have to go check the latest manual and see what it says about Film A, B, C, etc.

Does DJI have an explanation for the removal? Is there an equivalent profile to Art planned?
2017-1-6
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

So the comments above must be for the iOS version of the GO 4 app as there are no colour styles with any names relating to Film A B C etc.

See links below for screenshots of all I'm seeing on my Android version.

Android Colour Styles 1

Android Colour Styles 2
2017-1-6
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jimney Posted at 2017-1-6 02:02
So the comments above must be for the iOS version of the GO 4 app as there are no colour styles with any names relating to Film A B C etc.

See links below for screenshots of all I'm seeing on my Android version.

Android also had styles A to I until recently when they changed to those invented names.
Originally the presets had names which at least gave a clue what to expect such as beach and ART(!)
2017-1-6
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

So, DJI Natalia, you've done exactly what your colleague DJI Mindy did a few weeks ago.

You've wandered into a thread about the missing Art Mode, made an incredibly misleading post,  which flies in the face of all of the available evidence, and then you've simply ignored the inevitable subsequent requests for clarification.

I notice that you ended your post by saying "We are also concerned about your feedback". I have to say, you don't seem very concerned to me.  In fact, you don't seem as though you could care less.

Could you please tell us whether Art Mode will be reinstated?  People have been asking this question for weeks, after it was removed for no apparent reason. It was by far the most popular colour mode. You are now forcing people to buy Litchi, a third-party app so that they can use a colour mode developed by DJI to run on a DJI drone.

What is going on?
2017-1-10
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

+1 for getting Art colour mode back. Please.....
2017-1-10
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I haven't received my drone yet (two orders and waiting) but from the footage I've looked at on youtube I second that Art should come back and that none of the Film options are similar.

And as much as I am not liking DJI right now personally attacking them won't help our cause. Perhaps if there was some voting system that allowed owners to vote on changes they would like to be prioritised in future firmware updates this could help consumers.
2017-1-25
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-1-1 14:45

??? i am running the latest and it's not in mine. ??
2017-1-25
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't seem to be firmware related exactly.
If you install and connect with the older DJI Go App, you can see Art in the profiles again and select it.
Return to DJI Go4 and it will still be set in Art mode but don't change to another mode as you can't go back.
The app says you are in 'None' but it is still in Art provided you don't select any change.
You can still adjust Sharpness/Contrast/Saturation.

It's annoying you can't just change without switching apps though.
2017-1-25
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps, at a tangent to this, it would be good if DJI let users create their own colour modes, like on most (better) DSLR cameras.
2017-1-26
Use props
Dronewild99
lvl.2

United States

It would be nice to have all the color modes back including Vivid!
2017-1-26
Use props
fanse17334bd
New

United States

Here's an easy workaround I've been using:

1. Download old DJI GO app (there's a separate one in the App Store apart from DJI GO 4)
2. Connect RC and copter
3. Launch older app and select Art from dropdown (it still exists in the old version for some reason)
4. Launch DJI GO 4 app
5. Make a sandwich
6. Eat sandwich
7. Go outside and shoot some amazing shots!

Bottom line - none of the A-I modes are very valuable. DJI is basically trying to get pre-color graded options built in-camera, but it's so hard to find one that fits your scene on such a small screen. And once you choose one, there's no fixing it in post. Keep shooting in Art and color grading afterward. Your results will be 100 times better. Cheers

2017-1-26
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fanse17334bd Posted at 2017-1-26 10:51
Here's an easy workaround I've been using:

1. Download old DJI GO app (there's a separate one in the App Store apart from DJI GO 4)

That doesn't work for me. The old DJI app does have art and I can select it, but when I launch the new app, it's not there.
2017-2-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules