6793 8 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magstauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849367 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to be able to charge the iphone while flying, my battery is draining in cold weather

Thank you.

magsta
2016-12-29
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

If you are wired up to the remote, i doubt it unless they have/made a splitter. only thing possible is to charge the remote while connected to the phone, which doesn't really pertain to your issue.
2016-12-29
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
United States

If you are wired up to the remote, i doubt it unless they have/made a splitter. only thing possible is to charge the remote while connected to the phone, which doesn't really pertain to your issue.
2016-12-29
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
United States

sorry replying through my phone and it messed up.

Sooo.. If you are wired up to the remote, i doubt it unless they have/made a splitter. only thing possible is to charge the remote while connected to the phone, which doesn't really pertain to your issue. you can do this by connecting the phone to the remote through the USB slot.

Otherwise, you can just use the DJI app and fly the drone through your phone (wifi mode) (without remote) while having it connected to a charger..
2016-12-29
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apple Lightening, like FireWire, is a daisy chain protocol, not a hub protocol like USB. So it is best to charge your iPhone before flying. Your controller, if not also charged may suck electrons from the phone, so charging the controller will also help prolong flight time. The DJI Car Charger is included with the Mavic Combo Pak or may be purchased from the DJI Store.

2016-12-29
Use props
USVI Flyer
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

I tried a Mophie juice pak on my iPhone 6S-- but the link cable they give you for micro usb (Mophie uses) ends up being upside down so it doesnt work poop
2016-12-31
Use props
fansa9afade7
New

United States

USVI Flyer Posted at 2016-12-31 09:19
I tried a Mophie juice pak on my iPhone 6S-- but the link cable they give you for micro usb (Mophie uses) ends up being upside down so it doesnt work  poop

Also, the mophie won't charge the phone while connected to the mavic controller. Just got a mophie case last night and no dice when I flew today.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans62597c98
New
Australia

i tried to make a cable lighting on one end 2 usbs on other end not shore why it didnt work had controler hooked up got video and had other end in a usb charg pac but still would not charge the iphone still cant figure out why
2017-9-19
Use props
DLDEVERA
lvl.1
United States

i was thinking about this too... Thanks for asking this question...
2020-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules