Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I had a loss, can I have some repair advice please?
724 6 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jakebilling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I own a DJI Phantom 4 aircraft purchased through Apple on May 12th 2016. I am looking for some advice as today my craft appeared to fall from the sky whilst flying in pilot mode in dry, sunny conditions. After 15 minutes of flawless flight time, I left the craft hovering roughly 20m above the ground and started to walk towards it to land. My tablet display suddenly showed error messages, warning that the compass had stopped working and to switch to 'attitude mode to ensure safe flight'. After noticing the craft dramatically drifting diagonally, I tried to switch to attitude mode to regain control. After this did not work, I attempted to cut the motors, however the craft did not respond and crashed in to a tree, causing quite severe damage. I have not encountered any previously issues, and have only experienced flawless flights.

As per usual the craft had been flown safely and responsibly in great conditions and let the craft fly gently in P-Mode. There appears to be damage to the shell, one of the rear lights and cover, and the gimbal is unable to work. It sits and tries to center itself but cannot and states it is overloaded, it also becomes very warm.

The craft, controller, and battery are to my knowledge on the latest firmware versions.

I have enclosed an image of the craft damage and a link to healthy drones to show the log. Log submitted to Healthy Drones Please assess the image and log and advise what I can do to resolve this, I am truly gutted.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards
Jake Billing

Aftermath

Aftermath

Conditions

Conditions
2016-12-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about your sudden loss of  control and then its subsequent crash landing.

I suggest you contact DJI and have them send you a shipping label, to send it in, for repair.

Your turn around time may be relatively short, as two or three weeks. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-29
Use props
Grizz 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

apparently the #4 cell in the battery was going bad, only thing to do is send it in and maybe they will warranty it because of the faulty battery.
2016-12-29
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

if all else fails.
new body shell.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222131322618

If you know your way around a screwdriver it may be cheaper if the warranty don't cover it 50 bucks for the part
2016-12-29
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

It's a pity...
Read some drone crash story and start afraid to fly...)

Agree, that if you couldn't repair it under warranty it will be cheaper to repair it by yourself than pay them... Parts sells at eBay and AliExpress. And you can use cashback services to make it cheaper.
But hope that you will be able to repair it by warranty coverage!
Good luck and post up!
2016-12-29
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Like said earlier, 4th battery cell went bad. it should be covered under warranty so id suggest contacting their support.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry for your loss. I would highly recommend getting in contact with the Europe Support team via support.eu@dji.com to have the unit sent in for further evaluation and repair. They can thoroughly look over the flight data to verify what happened.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules