OSMO plus camera feed tremendous lag
2230 11 2016-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

Just got my brand new OSMO and the first thing I noticed was tremendous camera lag to my iphone 7 (IOS 10.2).  I closed all apps on my iphone and that didn't fix it.  I upgraded the OSMO firmware to the latest and that didn't fix it.  I have tried both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz wifi, and neither of those fix it, same result either way.  As it is now, this osmo is completely useless to me as the lag/delay is equivalent of getting 1 frame every 20 seconds.  If I walk across the room, it takes a good 30 seconds before I see myself walk across the room on my camera feed on my phone.  Firmware version is 1.3.0.50.  Recorded video looks fine, no lag, etc.

Any way to fix this?
2016-12-30
Use props
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

I tried uninstalling dji GO, completely rebooting the phone, and reinstalling the app fresh, no other apps running.  Same result.
2016-12-30
Use props
GZ_Osmo+
lvl.1

Spain

f3honda4me Posted at 2016-12-30 14:41
I tried uninstalling dji GO, completely rebooting the phone, and reinstalling the app fresh, no other apps running.  Same result.

In my experience, indoor enviroments could easily cause interferences from wifi signals and other electromagnetic contamination sources and increase lag.  
2016-12-30
Use props
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

That sucks. We bought this for mostly indoor use.
2016-12-30
Use props
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

GZ_Osmo+ Posted at 2016-12-30 15:22
In my experience, indoor enviroments could easily cause interferences from wifi signals and other electromagnetic contamination sources and increase lag.

Ok so that's not it either.  I live in a rather rural area, walked to the middle of a farmer's field, turn the device on, turned my phone on fresh, connected up, and it's just as horrendous.  And in that field I was easily at least several hundred feet away from any wifi devices whatsoever.
I have also now tried 3 other IOS devices, an ipad mini 2 (the same one I use for my P4Pro), an ipad air, and my wife's iphone 7.  All the same result.
2016-12-30
Use props
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

Just tried downgrading to 1.2.0.40, same result.  Upgrade back to 1.3.0.50, same result.  
2016-12-30
Use props
fans88c78b62
New

Australia

Just Picked up a OSMO Plus today and having issues with the video feed. Sometimes it will show video for a while then it will drop off. It can still show the mic levels picking up and the gimble responds to the movements on the handle but the video feed is lost. It will pick back up sometimes. It's very frustrating.
2016-12-31
Use props
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

fans88c78b62 Posted at 2016-12-31 01:33
Just Picked up a OSMO Plus today and having issues with the video feed. Sometimes it will show video for a while then it will drop off. It can still show the mic levels picking up and the gimble responds to the movements on the handle but the video feed is lost. It will pick back up sometimes. It's very frustrating.

Mine does this too. After a few minutes the app disconnects from osmo completely. But it will keep recording video no problem. I'm sending mine back to bhphoto for exchange.
2016-12-31
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

f3honda4me Posted at 2016-12-30 16:08
Just tried downgrading to 1.2.0.40, same result.  Upgrade back to 1.3.0.50, same result.

Sorry about that, please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and send it in.
2017-1-3
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I do have the same problem. My OSMO is one year old. Last time i used it, there wasn´t any problem. It was in autumn. Today i was using it again. The lag is horrible. I´ve made all the upgrades, still the same. I tried to downgrade the firmware, still the same. I reinstalled the DJI Go App, still the same. My phone is LG G5
2017-1-19
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I made a factory reset for my phone. That solved the issue.
2017-1-21
Use props
WriterJFPerkins
New
United States

I'm very new to my Osmo Plus. The first time I used it I had no lag at all. Since then, I have seen the lag go from 10 to 30 seconds, which is completely usable. I may as well just put some gunsights on the camera and hope for the best. Like you, I tried all the normal stuff to get it working. Since it had worked once, I figured it was phone problem rather than an Osmo problem, and the footage came out fine. In a lucky moment, I just tried flipping my phone over in the holder. It has worked fine ever since. My guess (pure guess) is that either the wifi antenna in my phone was in a bad position relative to the camera or the phone holder, or my phone (Old LG G2) handles video much better in one orientation over the other. Either way, I've been shooting for over an hour with no lag at all since I flipped the phone. It may be worth a try.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules