Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
High Wind Velocity warning
12Next >
10185 40 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoboMaster
New
United States

Hey guys,

Many times when I fly I get the high wind velocity warning when i an about 150-250 ft up. Understanding this I usually bring the Drone closer to the ground as there is less wind there. I know the message says ensure the drone is in sight and fly with caution, but is it important to follow this? I want to know what is the RIGHT thing to do, what is the OK thing to do and what is the WRONG thing to do when you recive this message.

Should I......

-Keep flying normally
-Lower the Drone to the ground
-Stop flying and wait for the wind to die down
-Or any other action that would be needed

Thank You!
2016-12-31
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Welcome to the club, we are a bunch of people waiting for the answer from Dji to that, they wont reply and advice us if we should keep them on the ground until they find out either, mine flew away today, for unknown reasons at the moment, but after studying the log, i lean more towards a software communication error, so be careful with this one, as i suspect there will come a major FW update that will take care of allot of reported bugs and issues.
2016-12-31
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Many, many people are waiting for DJI to address this. They won't even acknowledge there is a problem, even though dozens of us have sent in logs, screenshots, reports, etc. DJI keeps on asking for the same things over and over again and hasn't seemed to issue a firmware update to fix this problem at all.  In fact, they seem not to respond anymore to these reports.
2016-12-31
Use props
Hendo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I can't find the post but a few days ago I read a reply from DJI_Natalia saying that it is a known issue and will be fixed in next firmware update. I get it from time to time but just ignore and haven't had any issues.
2016-12-31
Use props
Brad M
lvl.1

United States

it's more of an annoyance than a safety concern for me and I continue to fly without problems. I only really pay attention when it gives the top left warning.
IMG_3767.PNG
2016-12-31
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

what models have that iv had my ps3 almost sideways hovor and no warning. one time I had my flame wheel and wish I had video it was so funny how it almost Stood Still but was on its side fighting the wind
2016-12-31
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say fly with caution until DJI can address this in the next FW update.  I got my P4P about a month ago...and I have not even had a chance to fly it yet....UGH!  Work has me strapped.  Anyway, just be cautious.
2016-12-31
Use props
perryb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

When it happens to me there is no ground wind .I am sure nothing at 150 feet either .I can land and then fly my P4 .No warnings so I say it is a firmware issue .
2016-12-31
Use props
RoboMaster
New
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2016-12-31 11:31
Welcome to the club, we are a bunch of people waiting for the answer from Dji to that, they wont reply and advice us if we should keep them on the ground until they find out either, mine flew away today, for unknown reasons at the moment, but after studying the log, i lean more towards a software communication error, so be careful with this one, as i suspect there will come a major FW update that will take care of allot of reported bugs and issues.

Ok thanks
2016-12-31
Use props
RoboMaster
New
United States

Thanks to ALL of you for your Support
2016-12-31
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As mentioned in post#5 above, this is a minor annoyance and not an indication of a serious problem.
DJI have tried to include a strong wind warning but something is set wrong and it's giving false alarms.
It should be something that DJI will address in a future firmware update but until then you can fly quite safely.
2016-12-31
Use props
RoboMaster
New
United States

Ok, thank you Labroides
2017-1-1
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get this warning flying INDOORS!
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to pass the data to our engineers for review.
2017-1-3
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 03:43

Mindy
Not sure with all the complaints why you would need people to send in their flight data, this same problem with the wind warnings happened to me when flying with no wind. No doubt with all the complaints about the wind warning the engineers are aware of the problem a simple acknowledgement from DJI of the problem and that they are working on fixing it is what I think customers want. I sent my pro 4 back within the seven day return policy for full credit took three weeks but finally got my refund. I did not send it back because of the wind problem I had but I also had a major problem with the RTH where the aircraft would go from 400 feet to 700 feet in the air and not return to home also had major problems with sensors reading their were obstacles when there were none. Hopefully DJI will get all the bugs fixed I would love to purchase the aircraft again when DJI finally resolves all the software issues.
2017-1-3
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 03:43

Mindy: there have been at least a dozen logs provided to DJI. I independently provided logs as well, including screenshots, etc. I know of 3 other people who did the same. It is frankly insulting to continually ask for the same thing, almost like this issue is new to DJI. It is incredibly easy for DJI to replicate this issue. They just need to fly a P4Pro! So please, stop asking for the same thing over and over again when it has been provided over and over again.

At this rate, the Mavic Goggles and Advanced Charging Hub will be out before this is addressed. Which means: never.
2017-1-3
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

Bennyboy1983 Posted at 2017-1-1 06:14
I get this warning flying INDOORS!

Don`t forget to close the windows, when you are flying INDOORS

it is as Labroides says, you can fly quite safely
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-1-3 04:54
Mindy
Not sure with all the complaints why you would need people to send in their flight data, this same problem with the wind warnings happened to me when flying with no wind. No doubt with all the complaints about the wind warning the engineers are aware of the problem a simple acknowledgement from DJI of the problem and that they are working on fixing it is what I think customers want. I sent my pro 4 back within the seven day return policy for full credit took three weeks but finally got my refund. I did not send it back because of the wind problem I had but I also had a major problem with the RTH where the aircraft would go from 400 feet to 700 feet in the air and not return to home also had major problems with sensors reading their were obstacles when there were none. Hopefully DJI will get all the bugs fixed I would love to purchase the aircraft again when DJI finally resolves all the software issues.

Our engineers will look into your light data to locate the issue.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Con Seannery Posted at 2017-1-3 07:37
Mindy: there have been at least a dozen logs provided to DJI. I independently provided logs as well, including screenshots, etc. I know of 3 other people who did the same. It is frankly insulting to continually ask for the same thing, almost like this issue is new to DJI. It is incredibly easy for DJI to replicate this issue. They just need to fly a P4Pro! So please, stop asking for the same thing over and over again when it has been provided over and over again.

At this rate, the Mavic Goggles and Advanced Charging Hub will be out before this is addressed. Which means: never.

It's appreciate if you could provide me with the flight data in order to locate the issue as soon as possible.
2017-1-4
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-4 03:40
It's appreciate if you could provide me with the flight data in order to locate the issue as soon as possible.

Done. I emailed your staff for the 4th time now.  So, Mindy, when is the firmware update going to come out? Are you going to ask me to of it a 5th time?
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Con Seannery Posted at 2017-1-4 15:07
Done. I emailed your staff for the 4th time now.  So, Mindy, when is the firmware update going to come out? Are you going to ask me to of it a 5th time?

Could you please provide me with the email address you used to contact us?
Is the email address the same as your forum email?
By the way, I'd suggest you to change another avatar.
2017-1-5
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-5 03:05
Could you please provide me with the email address you used to contact us?
Is the email address the same as your forum email?
By the way, I'd suggest you to change another avatar.

What is wrong with my avatar? And I've been in touch with Blair Tang. She says the engineers are well aware of this problem.
2017-1-5
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272 ft
United States

Having the same issue but winds aloft were not exceeding 5 knots.
2017-1-5
Use props
fans182d7866
lvl.1

France

This visual warning masking the screen is very dangerous and it is stupid to oblige us to move one hand to remove it. Please DJI react !!!!
2017-1-8
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

fans182d7866 Posted at 2017-1-8 06:36
This visual warning masking the screen is very dangerous and it is stupid to oblige us to move one hand to remove it. Please DJI react !!!!

May I ask how do you change camera settings ect. during a flight without moving one hand

I`ll say, hover, remove, fly.
2017-1-8
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

Con Seannery Posted at 2017-1-5 13:05
What is wrong with my avatar? And I've been in touch with Blair Tang. She says the engineers are well aware of this problem.

Ah the Streisand effect hits. If Mindy hadn't said anything I wouldn't have looked your avatar up on google.

The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans182d7866
lvl.1

France

To jet force
That is not an helpful remark !
I decide when I want to change the settings ;-)
Big difference !
2017-1-8
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

fans182d7866 Posted at 2017-1-8 09:41
To jet force
That is not an helpful remark !
I decide when I want to change the settings ;-)

Its not a remark, its was a question.

And how I do it.  HOVER, REMOVE, FLY.  

If you find my answer wrong, then please tell me what you would do wenn you get a warrning.
BTW. you can get all kind of warrnings.
Or do you just leave your drone wenn the screen is full.

2017-1-8
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Love the Streisand effect.
2017-1-8
Use props
Kavok
lvl.1

France

Con Seannery Posted at 2017-1-8 10:09
Love the Streisand effect.

No way to avoids the alert still ?
regards
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Crooked
lvl.1

United States

Of course no way to avoid it. DJI still doesn't seem to acknowledge this is an issue, like crooked horizons.

They haven't fixed it yet, which makes one wonder if they ever will...
2017-2-22
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hendo Posted at 2016-12-31 12:34
I can't find the post but a few days ago I read a reply from DJI_Natalia saying that it is a known issue and will be fixed in next firmware update. I get it from time to time but just ignore and haven't had any issues.

DJI needs a page noting known issues and ETA's to fix.  Would go a long way to improve customer service and would reduce the traffic here on the boards where everyone complains.  Keep customers in the dark is a customer service no no.  
2017-2-22
Use props
CrookedHorizon=
lvl.1

United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-2-22 14:05
DJI needs a page noting known issues and ETA's to fix.  Would go a long way to improve customer service and would reduce the traffic here on the boards where everyone complains.  Keep customers in the dark is a customer service no no.

DJI likes to keep customers in the dark. Why? Because they don't care! The could care less about customer service.  They pay absolute bare bones and invest as little as possible in customer service.
2017-2-22
Use props
Ruthlessrider
New
Flight distance : 30328 ft
United States

perryb Posted at 2016-12-31 13:38
When it happens to me there is no ground wind .I am sure nothing at 150 feet either .I can land and then fly my P4 .No warnings so I say it is a firmware issue .

Don't be so "sure". I'm and old helicopter pilot and I can assure you that there are plenty of times on take off when the winds at 150 are significantly different that they are at 150 feet.
2017-2-24
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ruthlessrider Posted at 2017-2-24 06:43
Don't be so "sure". I'm and old helicopter pilot and I can assure you that there are plenty of times on take off when the winds at 150 are significantly different that they are at 150 feet.

It's a known issue that happens with multiple aircraft.  No matter the height.
2017-2-25
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

OK keep flying but pay attention to your drone.

I sometimes fly at altitude 10200 plus feet above a mountain range where I live.
Wind speeds are up there for sure you just can't see them unless you see the clouds moving rapidly.
Watch out for rapidly approaching mountains lol

Every time you fly you can always have high speed wind or gusts.

2017-2-25
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

perryb Posted at 2016-12-31 13:38

Not a good opinion. You can no wind at ground and wind above you.  
2017-2-25
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

It is always best to check the upper air charts before flying, to check the wind, especially near the sea. it can change very quickly with height. That does not mean that there is not a bug in the software, but I always check as part of my checklist routine before going out.
2017-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flew today 20kph got warning once I think last firmware has sorted this out by and large..
2017-2-25
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-25 04:16
OK keep flying but pay attention to your drone.

I sometimes fly at altitude 10200 plus feet above a mountain range where I live.

beautiful video! I miss my mountains (the Italian Alps)...
2017-3-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules