possible issues after firmware update
984 9 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, this is like a 4th time i have experienced this.. the drone is P3 Advanced flies ok, but sometimes the shutter gets stuck in the app, and it stops taking pictures.
I can exit the Go app, when i come back, it thinks my advanced is P3 Pro, and the only way to get it back to work well, is to land, and power cycle the drone.
Have you guys ever heard of such issue? I did not experience it ever till the last firmware update. And yes, I am on all latest phantom 3 Advanced firmwae, latest RC, as well as latest Android GO app.

I will give u the flight log data later. For now am just interested if by any chance this is a known issue. It just caused me pictures from New Year firework show... totally not cool

GT
Edit:
Added an image from healthy drones. DJI app is synced too. Flight 1 was the original where i took off and took majority of the pics, got 3...  flight 2, was the 1st restart of the app, and immediately another into flight 3. No pictures at all. The shutter in GO app was grayed out.... Then flight 4, after drone restart, no issues.. same battery, same everything....

GT

dji-3pro.JPG
2016-12-31
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

Spain

I'm looking for more threads on this problem : P3A failure post firmware update and primary targets are Android users...
I'm up to six with yours here. Lot of hokey pokey about update procedures... bottom line, communication to the bird fails.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It's working fine for video recording, right?
You have the same case when taking photos by pressing shutter button on RC or camera icon in DJI GO APP, right?
How long you've owned this drone? the issue occurs at the very beginning of flight or after a period of flight?
2017-1-1
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Natalia - thx for a response, and happy 2017 ;)
Beginning of flight, minutes into at most - but cannot replicate easily, seems to be quite intermittent.
The drone - I have it since April, did all the upgrades on the way - never any crashes or other questionable behavior in general. This is the first time things do not work as they should. It may perhaps be in the beginning of flight when it's cold? not sure...
Today I had a "motor obstructed" and the app crashed.. I landed just fine without the app, restarted, and everything was happy....
And no, once it's in that state video recording does not work, the shutter button does not work in the app, nor on the remote...  i did not test flying without go app at all.. should i be able to take pics using the remote shutter even with no go app present?
I always started taking pics, never took off with video recording in progress and had it failed...  
Any light u can shed on it, would be very appreciated. If need be i can pull all the logs from dec 31st from the drone itself - as required.
GT

2017-1-1
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

M J PICARD Posted at 2017-1-1 11:16
I'm looking for more threads on this problem : P3A failure post firmware update and primary targets are Android users...
I'm up to six with yours here. Lot of hokey pokey about update procedures... bottom line, communication to the bird fails.

keep me posted on what u fin out. I am still not ready to point at firmware alone, perhaps interaction with some bugs in the app, but it's a bit suspicious....
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-1 22:15
Natalia - thx for a response, and happy 2017 ;)
Beginning of flight, minutes into at most - but cannot replicate easily, seems to be quite intermittent.
The drone - I have it since April, did all the upgrades on the way - never any crashes or other questionable behavior in general. This is the first time things do not work as they should. It may perhaps be in the beginning of flight when it's cold? not sure...

May I know what mobile device you're using for the aircraft?
Have you tried to delete it then re-install?
The photos are saved into SD card, so you can take pics without running DJI GO.
If it happens frequently, the best course of action would be send it in for further evaluation by our engineers.
2017-1-2
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

I will do a bit more testing. I am using nvidia shield, k1, and it's a brand new issue. Really puzzling. I just setup my nexus 5x, so next time i have issues i can try using it. See what happens. So it does not seem like a known issue matching any known bugs?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-2 18:20
I will do a bit more testing. I am using nvidia shield, k1, and it's a brand new issue. Really puzzling. I just setup my nexus 5x, so next time i have issues i can try using it. See what happens. So it does not seem like a known issue matching any known bugs?

Both mobile devices you mentioned are not in DJI recommended list, it would be best to connect another compatible device to aircraft and check the performance.
2017-1-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

well, i do not have any devices that are on the list, and they both worked flawlessly for some time, not to mention nvidia tablet is used by so many people, it really should be added ;) But i understand. Will test more and see what happens.
2017-1-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

I removed litchi from this device, so DJI GO is the ONLY app present. So far no issues... So maybe that was it,m even though i always did force close on both, perhaps something remains in the android OS that causes issues. Will watch another week. At this stage i got my tablet for Go and phone for Litchi... will see how that works...
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules