Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will the Mavic Pro ever be discounted?
8361 39 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

The Mavic is the dream drone. Its very costly however. I was wondering if anyone has any info on whether or not this aircraft will become more affordable, or if there was anyway to work towards a discount on it.
2017-1-2
Use props
SPARKFLASH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63743 ft
  • >>>
United States

More affordable?  The 999 price tag is amazing for what it offers.  I am not sure why it would ever go down.
2017-1-2
Use props
fansf0572733
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Of course, the mavic will be significantly discounted after a year from today...  just be patient mmmk? {:4_156:}
2017-1-2
Use props
SEWERMAN
lvl.1

United States

its well worth he $999.00 it  does everything and then some....awesome to fly.......
2017-1-2
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

SPARKFLASH Posted at 2017-1-2 20:18
More affordable?  The 999 price tag is amazing for what it offers.  I am not sure why it would ever go down.

Yes, more affordable. I'm not saying the price doesn't fit. Simply implying that I don't have $1k to drop on an Aircraft at the moment. Opinions though I guess.
2017-1-2
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

fansf0572733 Posted at 2017-1-2 20:19
Of course, the mavic will be significantly discounted after a year from today...  just be patient mmmk?

Thanks for the info fansf0572733. That was both informative and kinda funny. Also, how do you know this is true? Thanks!
2017-1-2
Use props
Panamera 5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43917 ft
Canada

If your interested there is a company that gives the option to finance the Mavic not sure the rate but I can give you the company name if you would like
2017-1-2
Use props
Algan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

of course it will be cheaper but not this time, probably at the end of year (xmas discount).
2017-1-2
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

when the Mavic Pro 2 is released there may be a discount on the basic (current) Mavic model. But when they can't keep them on the shelves, I doubt they have any incentive to lower the price any time soon.
2017-1-2
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah it have discount, you can talk with me about less than 100 dollar discount
2017-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

MacMillion Posted at 2017-1-2 20:29
Yes, more affordable. I'm not saying the price doesn't fit. Simply implying that I don't have $1k to drop on an Aircraft at the moment. Opinions though I guess.

Work harder, overtime, weekends maybe even get a second job. This is how I afford new toys.
2017-1-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

In a couple months the education discount may work if you are a student. If not you will most likely have to wait for a revision of the Mavic to come out.
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MacMillion Posted at 2017-1-2 20:29

Buy a p3 standard $500 and start saving for the Mavic .
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

First they have to be able to actually fill orders.    They have outstanding orders from October and it's 3 months since the announcement.   
2017-1-4
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

Panamera 5 Posted at 2017-1-2 21:26
If your interested there is a company that gives the option to finance the Mavic not sure the rate but I can give you the company name if you would like

Yes please.
2017-1-6
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-4 11:10
In a couple months the education discount may work if you are a student. If not you will most likely have to wait for a revision of the Mavic to come out.

Do you know if they have a release schedule? (i.e. Apple iPhones come out once a year; around the same time every year.)
2017-1-6
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-4 11:37
Buy a p3 standard $500 and start saving for the Mavic .

Yep, P3S is the drone I'm currently using.
2017-1-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

MacMillion Posted at 2017-1-6 20:03
Do you know if they have a release schedule? (i.e. Apple iPhones come out once a year; around the same time every year.)

No they do not.
2017-1-9
Use props
willhay555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Look at existing models to ascertain likely reductions.
That will tell you the DJI thinking.
2017-1-9
Use props
IJDakota
lvl.1

United States

The fly more combo was $100 off earlier today at B&H.  Now it's only $66 off but still good.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?typedValue=&InitialSearch=yes&N=0&Top+Nav-Search=&sts=ma&Ntt=CESDJAUTOL
Screenshot_20170109-150254.png
2017-1-9
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

My advice (which is worth nothing, admittedly) is to never stretch to the limits of your affordability for new toys, as tempting as it is.  Especially toys that you could quickly crash through operator error.

I only did that once when I was a lot younger.  I could barely afford it, and thus the purchase added a level of stress which shouldn't come with toys.  Ever since I only buy toys (cars or otherwise) 'that I can pay straight up cash for without a worry, even if it means waiting a long time.

If I was in your shoes I'd buy something like a Phantom 3 standard, knowing that you're still getting many of the same capabilities.  That way you can save in parallel and still have lots of fun in the meantime!
2017-1-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its at a good startup price, but if you wait until the Mavic Pro 2, I am sure it will be discounted by then

Rich
2017-1-9
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

Great responses guys. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
2017-1-20
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.1

United States

Speculation is that there may be a Mavic Standard released later this year at a lower price point.  Fingers crossed.  I personally would be fine with a lessser camera as I am more interested in the performance and flight capabilities of the drone itself.
2017-1-20
Use props
Shouyi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437523 ft
Australia

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-20 21:45
Speculation is that there may be a Mavic Standard released later this year at a lower price point.  Fingers crossed.  I personally would be fine with a lessser camera as I am more interested in the performance and flight capabilities of the drone itself.

Most people are fine with a lesser camera, so that won't be the case of mavic standard. The mavic standard will lack some feature that many people cannot accept to lose, such as the 7km OcuSync technology.
2017-1-20
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-9 16:54
Its at a good startup price, but if you wait until the Mavic Pro 2, I am sure it will be discounted by then

Rich

How long do you think until the Mavic Pro 2 comes out? A year? How much time was between each phantom model?
2017-1-20
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2017-1-20 23:24
How long do you think until the Mavic Pro 2 comes out? A year? How much time was between each phantom model?

As fast as this technology is changing,  I would guess they come out with an FPV model in about 7 months and the Mavic Pro 2 in 12 months.

The FPV model will be for mainly using with the DJI goggles with a simple camera version. Maybe even a racer ?

Phantoms cycle about 10-14 months  except the new P4P was about 8 months

Rich
2017-1-21
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

Now if they could just get it to work
2017-1-21
Use props
kari5
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Finland

DJI dont have to
2017-1-23
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

I would definitely be interested in a Mavic Standard edition. Depending on the price and a few other factors, a lower resolution camera and a little less flying distance would be great so long as they maintain the overall build and connection quality- and of course the folding arms/propellers.
2017-2-2
Use props
cluc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

It will be discounted when the Mavic Pro 2 comes out.
2017-2-2
Use props
MacMillion
lvl.1

United States

Cluc, I'm assuming you're unsure of the Mavic Pro 2's release date as well?
2017-2-13
Use props
Will.H
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a Mavic Standard or a Mavic 2 was already finished, but DJI wouldn't ever release it whilst there is so much demand on the current model. Wouldn't be a successful business if they did that. Supply and demand and all that...

Honestly, as some have said, if you're struggling to afford it, I'd steer clear for now. Just enjoy the P3S you have. Don't ever want to get into money troubles.

Also, with Apple offering it cheaper already, I wouldn't be surprised if DJIs discount will only match that, so not a discount as such.
2017-2-13
Use props
justjohn
New

Canada

first you have to understand the law of supply and demand and the entire point of a business is to make money.

If you invent a cool new product that is so in demand, you can't even keep it in stock, and its backordered for weeks, would you discount it?

I preordered the mavic, and when it arrived I saw that it was in huge demand for christmas, and sold mine on ebay for $1800. Then I ordered a 2nd one to keep for myself. So the mavic I now own cost me $200. The point of discounts is to increase sales. DJI has more sales than it can supply. If I were them, I would raise the price on the mavic. It would make all these people waiting for their drones happy, and it would certainly make them more profit.
2017-2-13
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, wait for DJI Mavic Pro 2 come out
2017-2-13
Use props
artetavn
lvl.1
Switzerland

I register an account just to answer your question, well, indirectly. The other people has already mentioned about the law of demand supply which is absolutely true. Then, no hope for the price reduction in the near future, right? Consider my 2 cents
1. No toy is expensive as long as it can make money for you. Is 800$ an affordable price for you? Then I challenge you to earn 200$ from it. Look, http://vtrep.com/20-ways-entrepr ... video-making-money/
2. The most expensive things are the things that you can not use. So even if you can not make money from the drone, but it inspires you to learn successfully new skills such as video editing, you will absolutely feel good for your investment. Challenge yourself to make an aerial video clips that attract 1000 views.
3. Are you boring and looking for something fun such as this drone? There are many cheaper ways to have fun out there. I used to have fun with photography gears until a day that I start learning electric guitar. Then I realize that photography is such an expensive joy. You can easily be set back 2000$ for a good body and a couple of lens. But with guitar, 500$ is more than enough for a beautiful guitar and a nice practice amp that I can enjoy a much more long time. You know, camera technology changes every year but that of guitar does not. Related to the point 2. above, you can try to learn video editing while waiting for the drone's price drop, you will need this skill anyway with the drone right?

2017-4-18
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTs
lvl.4
United States

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-20 21:45

(Spoiler alert: it doesn't)
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_larry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70200 ft
United States

Email from Frys today with Mavics at $799 and Fly More Combo at $1049 (I think you need to sign up and get their promo code). Costco and Target have also discounted them recently. Now that more discount retailers started carrying them I imagine the prices will go down some. Just remember that after you get one other costs will add up, batteries and the like.
2017-12-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

One year later and still worth 999.00. When you find a cheaper price jump on it cause this bird is amazing.
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was £1,099 a month ago in the UK - now £899... and the fly more was £1,359 - now £1,099 - thats a great deal!
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules