854 Mavics arriving this Friday!
1169 11 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, you read correct, 854 coming in to a dealer on Friday, and yep, I've ordered mine!
2017-1-3
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Any proof?
2017-1-3
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Call Maplin customer service and ask them. I called my local store, they checked their system at about 5pm and 854 were due in this Friday with only 50 or so on back order. I ordered mine direct about half an hour ago.
2017-1-3
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Airobotix Posted at 2017-1-3 11:40
Call Maplin customer service and ask them. I called my local store, they checked their system at about 5pm and 854 were due in this Friday with only 50 or so on back order. I ordered mine direct about half an hour ago.

Been hearing this 800 figure for a good few weeks now. I'll believe it when I see it.
2017-1-3
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've bought 4 Phantoms from Maplin so far so no reason to doubt them. Obviously, there's always  the first time. Their consignment should enter into their stock on Friday at which point my order confirmation should change to an Invoice with a firm delivery date.
2017-1-3
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

What dealer, why not give up the name.. anyone who ordered from them can be confident that they may get it soon, otherwise new orders will just hit the queue?
2017-1-3
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-3 13:14
What dealer, why not give up the name.. anyone who ordered from them can be confident that they may get it soon, otherwise new orders will just hit the queue?

I'm not sure why he didn't say Maplin in his first post, but he did say Maplin twice since then.  If you also notice, the OP is in the UK.
2017-1-3
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Apologies for any confusion! Yes, I am based in the UK, my post was a heads up for anyone who's been waiting forever for their Mavic over here. My previous experience with Maplin Electronics has been extremely good, so as I said previously, I'm hoping they don't disappoint. Guess I'll find out in about 3 days from now.
2017-1-3
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Airobotix Posted at 2017-1-3 13:31
Apologies for any confusion! Yes, I am based in the UK, my post was a heads up for anyone who's been waiting forever for their Mavic over here. My previous experience with Maplin Electronics has been extremely good, so as I said previously, I'm hoping they don't disappoint. Guess I'll find out in about 3 days from now.

Are you the same guy from mavicpilots.com who's been talking about 800 Mavics arriving at Maplin for the last three Fridays?
2017-1-3
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-1-3 13:33
Are you the same guy from mavicpilots.com who's been talking about 800 Mavics arriving at Maplin for the last three Fridays?

Nope, I'm not a member of any other DJI group.
2017-1-3
Use props
Simoncort22
New

United Kingdom

I popped into Maplins in Milton Keynes on Tuesday for something else and enquired about the Mavic. I was told similar to the above, that 800+ are due in to head office on the 6th Jan and only 15 orders were placed nationally.

I popped back in Yesterday to place an order and was told they now only have 5 coming in and they are not due until the 10th Jan and that there are actually 105 orders to satisfy.

Same store, same system they checked, only 24 hours later. Totally baffled but regardless I've placed an order and will wait and see!

They do, however, have spare batteries and propellers in stock (available for home delivery).
2017-1-5
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Simoncort22 Posted at 2017-1-5 01:03
I popped into Maplins in Miltoin Keynes on Tuesday for something else and enquired about the Mavic. I was told similar to the above, that 800+ are due in to head office on the 6th Jan and only 15 orders were placed nationally.

I popped back in Yesterday to place an order and was told they now only have 5 coming in and they are not due until the 10th Jan and that there are actually 105 orders to satisfy.

I was going to order from Milton Keynes, I've previously bought all my Phantoms from them, but with the hassle of fighting the traffic back to home, I ordered online. Let's see if we get what we ordered!
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules