p3 100 watt charger for p4 radio?
1293 10 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I have a p3 100 watt charger and have been using it on my p4p radio i have had no issues and would suspect there is nothing wrong by doing this but is it bad? the p4p charger is also 100watts. also i do this to charge both battery in controller and battery for aircraft at the same time.
2017-1-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

There is notrhing wrong with what you are doing, no risk at all. Even though the P3 charger is 100 watts, it does nor 'force' any more power into that batteries, they only take what they want.
2017-1-3
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

I have been into the rc hobby for around 16 years and just posted to make 100% sure and also for someone who may not know. I have only used lipo in my other rcs for about 4 or 5 years
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it competible?
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As you stated, they are both 100w chargers, so they should work backward and forward "compatible". ;-)

I bought myself a second OEM DJI 100w charger for my four intelligent flight packs and RC battery charging needs.

All ways, Enjoy them drones, fly them both, always... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

Ok here is one question I know on the p3 models you are not supposed to but not sure on p4 models... can you charge the p4p and remote at the same time?
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Probably still not advised with the Phantom 3 charger.  Or with either of them drone chargers, I "presume"..
Some do it anyway..

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

yeah I like my drones to fly safely I'm not going to charge off same charger, if I could and I felt safe about it (which I don't) then I would.
2017-1-5
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-4 21:03
Ok here is one question I know on the p3 models you are not supposed to but not sure on p4 models... can you charge the p4p and remote at the same time?

I believe the reason you don't charge both at the same time is not for the sake of the batteries being charged, but so that you do not overload/overheat the charger.
2017-1-5
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

that also makes sense but I'm pretty sure there would be some damage to your lipos too. Think of it this way yes there are two leads but if the charger is not compatible charging two batteries at the same time this means that one battery will finish first and still be getting some charge which could result in total battery failure. I'm not 100% on this but I would imagine I am right at least to some extent nimh batteries are tis way I would think lipo is the same. Now that being said how would dji batteries do if they are smart?
2017-1-5
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

The DJI charger is just a steady power supply, all of the charging is monitored and controlled by the batteries(flight&remote) including shutting down when full.
Other batteries like in your car, boat,atv have no control so the charger must control the process by varying voltage and  charging cycle.
Still with lipo's it best to disconnect when full for safety sake.   
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules