*Introducing the Osmo Mobile Silver*
11369 37 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey everyone!

I wanted to introduce to you a brand new version of the Osmo Mobile.

Introducing the OSMO MOBILE SILVER

Find out more on the official product page HERE
View it on the DJI Store HERE

Osmo Mobile
Beyond smart

Cinematic smartphone video
Osmo Mobile turns your smartphone into a smart motion camera, making every moment you shoot look smooth, professional, and ready to share. Shoot cinematic videos anytime, or use its intelligent functions to track your subject, capture stunning motion timelapses, or even stream a moment live around the globe. Two colors are available: Classic Black and the brand new Silver, so your Osmo Mobile can match your style.   

Effortlessly smooth
If you have ever walked around while shooting video with your smartphone, you will know how hard it is to keep your camera still. Osmo Mobile smooths and even cancels out movements you make, stopping camera-shake and turning every shot into a cinematic one.  

Be in the moment
ActiveTrack technology built into the DJI GO app allows the Osmo Mobile to automatically keep your smartphone facing you as you move. You no longer have to choose between recording a moment or taking part in it. Do both and share scenes from your life that people have never seen.  

Capture time
Motion timelapse videos are an awe inspiring way to show the passing of time. You used to need professional equipment and skills to capture them but using the Osmo Mobile and your phone, making your own is as easy as a few taps.  

Slow-motion video
Shoot silky smooth slow motion(1) that make even simple movements look dramatic and cinematic.  

Dramatic long exposures
Take 1-second long exposures without a tripod for sharp night shots. With 3-axis stabilization, the Osmo Mobile will keep your phone steady. Place the Osmo Mobile on its tripod and point it up at the sky to capture stunning star trails that are ready for instant sharing.  

Bring out your beauty
Make your beauty shine with the Osmo Mobile’s beautify technology. Using automatic identification and intelligent processing technologies inside the DJI GO app(2), it polishes up your photos and videos to give them that perfect, professional sheen.  

Live streaming
Share moments using YouTube Live and Facebook Live(3) inside DJI GO. Every stream you shoot will be steady and smooth, as if you have your own personal camera crew.  

Detailed panoramas
Take big, detailed landscape photos you’ll want to frame using only your smartphone and the Osmo Mobile. Its Panorama function automatically captures and seamlessly blends 9 separate photos together to create one stunning photo.   

Control
Full Camera Control  
Control your phone camera like a professional camera, with dedicated buttons for the shutter and record, as well as on-screen manual ISO, shutter and white balance settings.

Customizable Joystick
Make the Osmo Mobile Joystick work the way you want it to. Set sensitivity, invert pan or tilt, or even set it so that the gimbal can only move in specific directions. Use Push Mode to change the direction of the gimbal directly using your hand.  

Bluetooth Connectivity
Using an optimized Bluetooth connection, the Osmo Mobile is able to detect your smart device and sync up automatically and quickly if it has been paired before so you can get shooting faster.  

FiLMiC Pro Support
Created for professional filmmaking using mobile devices, the FiLMiC Pro app turns smartphones into broadcast capable high definition video cameras.   

Battery
Long Lasting  
High energy efficiency and high capacity batteries give the Osmo Mobile a maximum run time of 4.5 hours. Batteries can be quickly and effortlessly swapped out, and an external battery extender can be used for even longer life.

Custom Charging Port
Use the dedicated USB charging port for both charging and firmware upgrades. Charging will take approximately 3 hours when using a 1amp source.   
*Only use the provided Power Cable with the Osmo Mobile. Damage may occur if the Power Cable is attached to any other device's 3.5 mm port.  

Design
Ergonomic, Premium DesignOsmo Mobile features the same high quality materials and technologies found in the rest of the Osmo family. It is compatible with a range of phones, from 2.3in to 3.3in (59mm to 85mm) width.  

Magnesium alloy
Osmo Mobile is made of a strong, lightweight, and corrosion-proof magnesium alloy commonly found on aircraft and high-end cameras. Created using semi-solid casting technology, the Osmo Mobile’s surfaces are smooth to the touch.  

More
Accessories  
Used with its range of accessories, the Osmo Mobile can be mounted almost anywhere, giving you even more opportunities to get that perfect shot.

Even More Apps
The Osmo Mobile is open for people to develop their own great ideas and apps. Check back often to discover our favorite new Osmo Mobile apps.   

1. Slow motion frame rate and resolution is dependent on smartphone capabilities. Not available on Android.
2. Available on iOS, coming soon to Android.  
3. Available on iOS, coming soon to Android.

Specs:

HANDLE

Dimensions
2.4×1.9×6.4 inch (61.8×48.2×161.5 mm)
Weight   (including battery)
201 g

INTELLIGENT   BATTERY

Model
HB01-522365
Type
LiPo
Capacity
980   mAh
Energy
10.8 Wh
Voltage
11.1   V
Charging   Temperature
5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)
Operating   Temperature
0°   to 40° C (32° to 104° F)

GIMBAL

Name
Zenmuse M1
Model
ZM01
Dimensions
4.92×4.29×3.57 inch (Folded) 125.06×109.15×90.98 mm
Weight
300   g
Consumption
2.5 W
Angular   Vibration Range
±0.03°
Controllable Range     

Pan
±150°
Roll
±25°
Tilt
-125°to +35°
Mechanical Range

Pan
±165°
Roll
-50°to +90°
Tilt
-140°to +50°
Max   Controllable Speed
120°/s
Mobile   Phone Width Range
2.31-3.34   inch (58.6-84.8 mm)

WIRELESS

Model
Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0

Osmo Mobile Silver final-front view-whitebackground.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 5.49.24 PM.png
2017-1-3
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is just awesome!
2017-1-3
Use props
Ey1990
lvl.2
China

the bag looks so nice and facebook live!!!!! wow!!!
2017-1-3
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

is their any update on the issues regarding OIS with the iPhone and osmo mobile?
2017-1-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

So will the new enhancements be available on the existing Osmo Mobile after firmware upgrade or Go app changes?
2017-1-3
Use props
Joshua Carlton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2017-1-3 20:32
So will the new enhancements be available on the existing Osmo Mobile after firmware upgrade or Go app changes?

Did I miss something? I didn't see any new enhancements.
2017-1-3
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Joshua Carlton Posted at 2017-1-3 23:04
Did I miss something? I didn't see any new enhancements.

Likewise, it seems like an alternative cosmetic from the description. Nice alternative though.
2017-1-3
Use props
The Law
New

Indonesia

oh c'mon, color change ??? all we need right now is that the problems with the phones who has Optical Image Stabilizer fixed ...not this,.,. my God...
2017-1-4
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

I just wanted to buy it. when does it ship in Holland?
didnt know about youtube mode
2017-1-4
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

The Law Posted at 2017-1-4 02:03
oh c'mon, color change ??? all we need right now is that the problems with the phones who has Optical Image Stabilizer fixed ...not this,.,. my God...

its more then a color change. it has a new mode as well.
2017-1-4
Use props
Razer_73
lvl.1

United States

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-4 02:34
its more then a color change. it has a new mode as well.

What is the new mode? ive missed it too.
2017-1-4
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Has anything changed? Beyond the color?
2017-1-4
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

But it certainly has all the same chops of the original Osmo Mobile, plus a few more intelligent features added in. A new “Beautify” mode allows users to do minor touchups, and the unit is also compatible with FiLMiC Pro, a mobile app that puts professional filmmaking tools into the hands of the user
Also new are super-efficient, high-capacity batteries that give the Osmo Mobile Silver a run time of up to 4.5 hours.
http://www.thedigitalcircuit.com ... e-new-year-edition/
2017-1-4
Use props
Razer_73
lvl.1

United States

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-4 04:44
But it certainly has all the same chops of the original Osmo Mobile, plus a few more intelligent features added in. A new “Beautify” mode allows users to do minor touchups, and the unit is also compatible with FiLMiC Pro, a mobile app that puts professional filmmaking tools into the hands of the user
Also new are super-efficient, high-capacity batteries that give the Osmo Mobile Silver a run time of up to 4.5 hours.

The onyl thing that is new in this is the beautify bit that ive not seen before but it sounds like an app feature and not an osmo mobile feature. Teh battery life and everything else is already the same as the black one. Filmic pro already works with the black unit.
2017-1-4
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

unless the iphone OIS issue gets fixed I'll still be holding off on getting one
2017-1-4
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

Is there still the stuttering issue? What about iPhone 7 plus support? These have been giving people tons of problems
2017-1-4
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

Ely324 Posted at 2017-1-4 07:15
unless the iphone OIS issue gets fixed I'll still be holding off on getting one

What is the problem
2017-1-4
Use props
Razer_73
lvl.1

United States

The silver is the same hardware as the black, the DJI app has had an update.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/03/dji-osmo-mobile-silver/
2017-1-4
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

Its so bright, and shiny
2017-1-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

I was going to sell my Osmo and buy the Osmo Mobile to use with my iPhone7+ but after I have read all the comments it looks like I will be holding off.
2017-1-4
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-4 08:35
I was going to sell my Osmo and buy the Osmo Mobile to use with my iPhone7+ but after I have read all the comments it looks like I will be holding off.

don't you like your Osmo?
2017-1-4
Use props
spiderbot
lvl.4
United States

"Not available on Android".  'Nuff said.
2017-1-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-4 08:43
don't you like your Osmo?

I like the idea of just using the iPhone7+, Also I dont really like the Osmo quality in low light.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

>is their any update on the issues regarding OIS with the iPhone and osmo mobile?

I am unaware of any changes beside those listed, but I'm sure a new GO update will have some bug fixes, too.

>So will the new enhancements be available on the existing Osmo Mobile after firmware upgrade or Go app changes?

Although I'm not sure, it looks like the new features will be available on both colorways.

2017-1-4
Use props
fansdc4069cd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Surprised to see DJI using a silver iPhone 7 Plus in their official promo video for the new silver version of the OSMO Mobile?? When its not compatible??

Official DJI Osmo Mobile Silver Video
2017-1-4
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I ordered one with the Christmas special (Black) After reading about the problems with the iPhone 7 plus I decided I didn't want to deal with the shake. It's the main reason to get an Osmo in the first place.
I cancelled my order and decided to wait till everything gets straightened out. No pun intended.
I could sure use the Osmo though, I love the new color.
2017-1-4
Use props
The Law
New

Indonesia

How bout the OIS problem? is it fixed in the grey models? I surely trade my black osmo mobile if the OIS problem fixed in the grey models..
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The Law Posted at 2017-1-4 21:20
How bout the OIS problem? is it fixed in the grey models? I surely trade my black osmo mobile if the OIS problem fixed in the grey models..

No, it's a hardware compatibility issue with iPhone's OIS. No handheld gimbal can solve this issue.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 2017-1-4 04:22
Has anything changed? Beyond the color?

No, just a different color
2017-1-5
Use props
The Law
New

Indonesia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-5 01:55
No, it's a hardware compatibility issue with iPhone's OIS. No handheld gimbal can solve this issue.

Ok thanks. I wish you had answer that sooner, thanks anyway, i'm goin to sell my iphone 7 and go back to 6s.. hmppffh...
2017-1-5
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand the 4.5 hours thing.  I get about 60 minutes.  Anybody getting this amount of time on their batteries?
2017-1-5
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-5 01:55

Whats that OIS?
2017-1-5
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-4 04:44

All of these features are available for the original Osmo Mobile.
2017-1-5
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

But whats the OIS?
2017-1-6
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

do you mean the optical image stabilization, or do you mean is there OIS somehow built into the OSMO?

It's usually capture device specific.
2017-1-6
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

Optical image stabilization in the iPhone, that is mechanical, and can not be turned off, and you get a weird video effect from it. The only iPhone i think that doesn't have this issue is the SE model or iPhone 5 and older.
2017-1-6
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

I  got an iPhone 5S... Im save. Reading that OIS is only starting from Iphone 6 Plus (not untill Iphone 6!)
2017-1-6
Use props
Ey1990
lvl.2
Hong Kong

i assume using the M1 and the Z-axis is gonna fix this problem? finger crossed.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules