1429 12 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have looked around the Web to find  irst release Matrice 600 Standard Edition video footage.   By chance does anyone have some video footage from an/the original Matrice 600 standard edition, assembled straight from the box??  Seems like there would be a lot of this footage out on the web since this was such a revolutonary new drone (right!?!?).  I've seen a good bit of pre-launch Matrice600 Pro footage but have yet to see any killer footage from the original Matrice 600 drone, with one compass.   Would love to check it out if anyone wants to send it my way or post it here.  I'd love to compare the Matrice 600 Pro with the First edition M600.  I think it's important to understand the quality difference between the two drones.  
2017-1-3
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing that's a big fat nobody.............
2017-1-5
Use props
lt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2516778 ft
South Africa

You can have a look at it flying in slow motion here: and
2017-1-7
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I have so much footage 10tb drives struggle to keep it restrained, however I always used an x5 with an Olympus lens so it can't be a comparison really. happy to post though, just let me know.

ricci
2017-1-8
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lt Posted at 2017-1-7 22:22
You can have a look at it flying in slow motion here: https://youtu.be/-pXYHfU7jpA and https://youtu.be/26cgd9r_lpE

This is a Pro.  I'm talking about a Matrice 600 standard
2017-1-8
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lt Posted at 2017-1-7 22:22
You can have a look at it flying in slow motion here: https://youtu.be/-pXYHfU7jpA and https://youtu.be/26cgd9r_lpE

This is a Pro.  I'm talking about a Matrice 600 standard.
Also, do you have footage that your drone actually took,
2017-1-8
Use props
lt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2516778 ft
South Africa

That is a standard M600 with RTK mounted. I'll post some later or perhaps if ricci2 can also add clip or 2
2017-1-8
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lt Posted at 2017-1-8 20:15
That is a standard M600 with RTK mounted. I'll post some later or perhaps if ricci2 can also add clip or 2

If your drone has triple redundancy there is nothing standard about it.  In the US that's a 2000k upgrade.
2017-1-8
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I have uploaded several videos of Matrice 600 in flight (with Ronin MX or Zenmuse X5) on my channel, may be the followings should bring an answer to your questions :

The aircraft is allready very stable in "standard edition".

Regards,
Stéphane

2017-1-31
Use props
Cetacaen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chefdesetoiles Posted at 2017-1-31 00:25
Hi,
I have uploaded several videos of Matrice 600 in flight (with Ronin MX or Zenmuse X5) on my channel, may be the followings should bring an answer to your questions :

Alohaha chefdesetoiles,

I do appreciate you posting this footage and advising people on how to set up the drone.
As others have said,  the X5 and X5R seem to work fine for some user that are not experiencing bad vibrations.  However,  I must agree with the commenter above when saying that the footage using the RoninMX,  though a very minimal sample size,  seems shaky,  and even has what seems to be a jello effect.   This may just be bad youtube video quality,  maybe a bit of both?

I was wondering if by chance you have continuous footage of your M600 (Standard) Ronin MX in flight ?  I notice that you are shooting in a vast field----very cool.  Would it be possible to download just the Raw footage coming from your M600 Ronin MX setup?  It would be nice to analyze the footage and compare it to the M600Pro Unit.  It would also be nice to see your horizon lines when turning.   I noticed the camera faced down when your edit cut to it.   In my case I was getting tons of horizontal drifting as well as vibration and jello especially on turns.   Your help would be greatly appreciated.

So I'm not sure what your thoughts are on this,  however at the moment it seems to me that if you are only going to use the M600 with the X5,  then you could save a lot of money by just investing in TB48's for your Inspire 1.   If you are looking for long flights,  then I could see why the M600 with X5 could be useful.  However I don't see any use for the m600  with the Ronin MX (+cam),  as no m600 footage I have seen has been nearly as smooth as the Inspire 1 Pro as of yet.   Your Inspire 1 footage is a good example of its superiority.  What do you think?   Thanks for posting.  Much appreciated!!

Fly On

2017-1-31
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hi Cetacaen,
the following video is fully made with the Ronin MX, from the ground first, then in aerial mode with Matrice 600 from 1:44

Actually, my first footage was very poor and I suspect the Ronin Mx clamping wheel (the main one) was not well tight.
It is now acceptable but in high speed, it is still difficult to make shot without vibration, as you mention it. I will see soon how are the results with the GH5.
Compared to the Inspire, you have a real steadycam with Ronin-Mx and the ability to carry several type of camera. Except that, is true that an Inspire 1 (or 2) with X5, X5R (or X5S) are very good.
On your side, which camera do you use ?
2017-2-1
Use props
Cetacaen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chefdesetoiles Posted at 2017-2-1 14:00
Hi Cetacaen,
the following video is fully made with the Ronin MX, from the ground first, then in aerial mode with Matrice 600 from 1:44
https://youtu.be/-PyYT2R1geE

Well I was using a GH4 , but honestly,  the M600 was performing terribly for me.   It just didn't deliver, I just went back to my old S series.  
I would say that DJI realized that true cinematographers would not stand for the shake, jello, and transmission issues, so that is likely why they came out with the PRO only two  months later.. I've fought this battle with DJI, but they could care less about their clientele,  even if you spend real money with them..  Hopefully competition will increase their desire to hire more customer reps and tech support.   At the time of buying my Matrice,  they has exactly 0 dedicated tech support members for the unit.  
2017-2-1
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hi Cetacaen, sorry to hear this.
Possibly, the vibration appears more or less according to the mass of the camera, due to resonance phenomenon.
Assuming the Pro version address the vibration issue, that means one or several new components solve the problem: I think about the damper plate.
To be positive, I believe there is solution but it will be necessary to manage on its own to find it.
As soon I found it, I will share it ;-)
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules